Kyle

Andrew Vause

Another good player gone then . It should of been up to the coach to get him back to his best Looks like we let them go on loan to get rid of them

So this season

Finn

Briggs

Saxton

Helliwell

All gone and replaced by no one any better what is happening

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good player gone then . It should of been up to the coach to get him back to his best Looks like we let them go on loan to get rid of them

So this season

Finn

Briggs

Saxton

Helliwell

All gone and replaced by no one any better what is happening

And Heppy. Would have stayed on if he'd have been wanted.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

Thought Heppy had retired through injury Terry, or was that just the "official line"

Im Fev and im proud

Heppy stated he couldnt commit due to his injuries. Thinks like this happen, the team needed an overall i said that after our woeful performance against Batley in the play offs.

Finn aside i agree with the changes. (but even then i could see the reason behind Finn going in place of new blood tho granted it hasnt worked).

to me finn looked tired and out of sorts towards the back end of his last season with us, the change of scenery has done him the world of good....Be intresting to see how he goes the back end of this year and certainly next as looks to me watching on tv that the adrenaline is wearing off and the games catching up with him a bit?

Halliwell was AH decision like with JB's decisions we dont have to agree with but need to support!

It's worrying that a player doesn't want to come back to Fev when he only left for S/L and when they released him he came back. Problem is we need our players back now not loaning them out to other clubs As for him not wanting to come back the coach should be sitting him down and finding out what the problem is this player is one of the best when he is on form and as good as any in our team. Looks like we are helping other clubs out when our own is in trouble Come on Frv sort it out

Totally agree with you JT but im guessing MC is being pulled allover the place at the moment.Im sure hes aware someone needs to speak to the players and find out how they feel etc but to me thats part of the coaches remit . Players are bound to get upset when the likes of Samutt are coming in for one game here and there every other week thats the down side to DR. Look at sharp last weekend? he was our form player for the first quater of the year now hes coming off the bench? an out an out winger on the bench? you think hes going to be happy with that?

Heppy was no longer the player he once was in his last few months at Rovers, you cant let sentiment get in the way im afraid, Heppys time was done as is Kyles

Kyle's only 26 though Dave, Jonathon was 31/32. By the way he would have definitely volunteered for one more season, whether selected or not but of circumstances mentioned would have been different. Your correct about J Dave his form was just about done.

Kyle's only 26 though Dave, Jonathon was 31/32. By the way he would have definitely volunteered for one more season, whether selected or not but of circumstances mentioned would have been different. Your correct about J Dave his form was just about done.

So how long do you keep a player even a young player if hes not upto standard, 1 month, 2 months, 6 months. Serious question mate, Kyle was nowhere near upto the standard we needed. Do we keep paying his contract because we all like him or do we let someone else pay it. It is a ruthless business sometimes and the coach cant win whatever he does. Kyle will probably come into form at Sheff and people will say we should of kept him. I wanted him to regain the form of old but the games I have seen it wasn't happening for him

So how long do you keep a player even a young player if hes not upto standard, 1 month, 2 months, 6 months. Serious question mate, Kyle was nowhere near upto the standard we needed. Do we keep paying his contract because we all like him or do we let someone else pay it. It is a ruthless business sometimes and the coach cant win whatever he does. Kyle will probably come into form at Sheff and people will say we should of kept him. I wanted him to regain the form of old but the games I have seen it wasn't happening for him

I agree Lowfield...a change will probably do him good plus its a big earner (Im guessing ) off the wagebill whilst we get ourselves sorted.Best of Luck to him tho smashing bloke.

see, ordinarily you talk utter sheeite. This post is one of those occasions you get it bang on.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

There tends to be too much emotional attachment to players and to be honest everything to do with Fev. That's not the way to be successful...

Agree about the attachment to players MM but not to the club? We love the place..but can see where your coming from.

All players come and go but if you want to be successful you only let they go if

A a clubs pays for him

B you are replacing him with a better player in the squad

I don't see anyone coming in and no

Transfer fee if it is cost cutting because we cannot afford it why not say We need to know if there is more on the way and we are starting from the bottom again or are we going to have a good squad next season

I understand what you're saying mate, but only off load the lad when we've a better half back, don't forget he can play back row also, I think to answer your initial point i'd have tried until the end if the season,

With regard to Briggs. Was there a transfer fee involved?

Colin, I'm guessing that there was no transfer fee this time, but Kyle owes us nowt, cos I think a substantial amount may have once been involved in a previous transaction involving The one and only K.M.E. Briggs.

If he's going to Eagles all Tubby has to do is give him confidence. He is the most unassuming, friendliest, loyal guy, with great talent, if Aston can get him to believe in himself he will still play a huge role in this Division.

It's was huge gamble that Kyle had to take in 2011 but , metaphorically speaking it destroyed him.Had he have stayed at Rovers until the end of the halcyon days and then moved on he'd have been a world beater.

Talking of world beaters don't be surprised if a contemporary of Kyle's, in 2010, at Rovers, doesn't end up in the NRL in the non too distant future, you heard it here first.

• 1 month later...

one   thing  kyle   will    give   is   100%  commitment.  very   good   team   player   and   well   respected   by  rovers   fans .hope   he   gets   his   game   back  together  i  feel   he   still   has   a   future   with   fev.

oop's   look's   like   our   coach   knows   something   i   don't   not   a   very   good   judge   of   rugby   players   letting   kyle   go.think   kyle   made  the   right   choice   signing   for   sheffield   i   feel   they   will   out   perform   us   over   the   next   two   years.

I met Kyle in the restaurant after our win (Eagles) at Doncaster and I can only echo what you guys have already said about him. A very personable and polite young man. It seems that Mark Aston's faith in him is already being repaid by him as he pulled the strings when we beat you on Sunday and was deservedly MotM. Desperate to avoid relegation? Well we're safe now and with both Rovers and Halifax seeming to hit late season "meltdown" I expect we will be playing Leigh at Headingley in October. Perhaps if he had got paid on time, along with Etu, Colton Roche and others you would still have a very good player on your books. I am glad we have him now until the end of 2016 season

I met Kyle in the restaurant after our win (Eagles) at Doncaster and I can only echo what you guys have already said about him. A very personable and polite young man. It seems that Mark Aston's faith in him is already being repaid by him as he pulled the strings when we beat you on Sunday and was deservedly MotM. Desperate to avoid relegation? Well we're safe now and with both Rovers and Halifax seeming to hit late season "meltdown" I expect we will be playing Leigh at Headingley in October. Perhaps if he had got paid on time, along with Etu, Colton Roche and others you would still have a very good player on your books. I am glad we have him now until the end of 2016 season

enjoy the win because we were pretty dire for large parts of the game yesterday and only playing with one recognised HB. If you think that warrants you a place at Headingley then so be it.....although I don't agree.

As for Kyle...correct a nice lad and sad to see him go but he just was not doing it for us for a while and maybe the change and the pressure off him has given him a new lease of life. He was always going to be up for yesterday - can he do it consistently that remains to be seen I guess but good luck to the lad. I must admit I have not see him have a better game since his major injury

Archived