Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

12/06/14 - Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • Huddersfield Giants

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

91 posts in this topic

Pretty poor game to be honest. If either of them had played like they did in round 4 they would of won by 20-30 points.

No real stand outs. Leuleuai is a mad man though. Ukama Taai was awful and I still do not understand how Sinfield continues to get in the England side.

Broughs kicking was very good, you can tell BJB has lack of game experience. Ferres and Watkins are both international class and Sutcliffe is going to be something special.

I'm sure neither of these sides will perform like this come September. This game will be forgotten quickly.

Not seen it, but interesting Sky call it a scrappy affair.

The first half was, especially from Hudds.  Aside from Ta'ai I didn't notice anyone really making any errors in the second half.  Ta'ai was having a mare and Anderson took him off after the two consecutive penalties he gave away ended up with Leeds scoring the first of their two comeback tries. 

Taia is a player who can make mind numbing errors

He also was smashing it up all night and pulled off some mighty defence

His back to back errors were down to tiredness IMO

Note to self - don't post when you've paused the match and are 5 minutes behind everyone else! oops :drag:

Ta'ai is one of those very annoying players that blow hot and cold.

24-12 up and Danny Brough does the business and kicks a 40-20.

Ta'ai loses the plot.

Instead of (maybe) being 30-12 up we're back to one score difference and Leeds get their tails up.

This is exactly what differentiates the champions from the alsorans hence PA dragging him off immediately.

We made that damn hard - I hope we learn the lessons.

hadn't seen push at that point but it did look he grounded it

Maybe you should watch the game instead of posting on here,it was an obvious push

And a very debatable grounding

Im not sure the Giants can afford to have Ta'ai, Faiumu and Chan in the same 17, they make so many mistakes and concede too many penalties. Im not saying that based on that game but from what i have seen in the past 2 seasons. 

Can't wait to see the day they give youngster Jared Simpson a game, the academy fullback. 

Chans form is no where near what it was last season, think he's still carrying his World Cup hangover

Faiumu is doing great, well worth his spot

Ta'ai is also, on the balance of things, worth his spot but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw CK back in the side next week

It was the right result any which way it's looked at, but am I alone in thinking that the Leeds man definitely knocked on in the build up?

I can see why people argue about the overall quality but there were enough wonderful moments and it was nil and tuck enough to be a great game for mine.

It was the right result any which way it's looked at, but am I alone in thinking that the Leeds man definitely knocked on in the build up?

I can see why people argue about the overall quality but there were enough wonderful moments and it was nil and tuck enough to be a great game for mine.

Definitely a case of never mind the quality feel the width. I thought the errors and in some cases when they were made added to the entertainment.

I was at the cinema last night so missed it. Luckily the last 5 minutes were during the intermission so I got to listen to the end on the radio. It sounded exciting!

Must comment about Crabtree's struggle to score under the posts when given the ball 1mm away from the line with no one in his way. 

If you covered him with a wet paper bag at kick off time he would still be trying to break free after 80 minutes!

Would that be the try he scored? Oh right

Thanks for trying

Maybe you should watch the game instead of posting on here,it was an obvious pushAnd a very debatable grounding

and maybe you could kiss my swingers x