Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

14/06/14 - Catalan Dragons v St Helens KO 6pm

Who will win?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalan Dragons
    • Draw
    • St Helens

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

89 posts in this topic

Discuss Catalan Dragons v St Helens here.

We have a raft of players back from injury for this game, which could work for or against us depending on match fitness and how the returning bodies impact on team dynamics. We're without Lance Hohaia though as his wife is about to drop a sprog so that could change things slightly.  I've already lost count of how many halfback partners Luke Walsh has had to adapt to this season.  God knows what our final line up will be as Brown is the master of his own universe.

We have only lost once in Perpignan, when we fielded an under 19s team back in the day, so our record there is good but that is an invitation for the record to be broken and it will be 30 degrees in the blazing sun so it's anyone's guess who will win this as I haven't got a clue.  I hope it's Saints though.

Catalan win, bringing the top6 closer together...... Don't we just love our game.

Thought all Catalans home games were on tv? Can't find it in listings.

Thought all Catalans home games were on tv? Can't find it in listings.

Sky Sports 1 red button today.

Catalans 4-0 up through a Duport try.

Catalans will probably be busting a gut to get points from this game as, in spite of what will be a second successive home fixture, they'll come up short next weekend.  B)

(It's the new optimistic me.)

Advertised everywhere as KO 6pm, but it kicks off at 5pm? Nearly HT now......

8-0 Les Cats, 2 mins to half time.

Try to Michael Oldfield.

Why were Catalan not awarded a penalty try? no knock on or a scrum would have neen given, Whitehead tackled without the ball in a try scoring position. Useless video ref.

Well, as I feared, our returning players have messed us up rather than helped us.  We're misfiring in attack.  And we still have weak forwards, or forwards who aren't working very hard, whichever.  Can't go to the Dragons to enjoy the sunshine as they will always be up for the battle.  Need to bend our backs in the second half, stop the stupid offloads, try not to give away stupid penalties and make a game of it.  But I don't have much hope.

Why were Catalan not awarded a penalty try? no knock on or a scrum would have neen given, Whitehead tackled without the ball in a try scoring position. Useless video ref.

Presumably because the video ref wasn't convinced he would have scored.  Nor was I.  That ball was moving too fast and he was too far away. 

We have only lost once in Perpignan, when we fielded an under 19s team back in the day, 

That may have been the occasion when a group of lads from Hull had bets on Catalans to beat Saints with a 20 or so points start on a William Hill coupon. They won the bet easily and stood to win hundreds but Hills refused to pay out saying that, under the circumstances, ie. Saints in a cup semi the week after, Catalans had been given too much start on the coupon so it was human error on the betting slip.

The betting ombudsman ruled in Hill's favour, surprise, surprise. 

Chuffing outrageous.

Advertised everywhere as KO 6pm, but it kicks off at 5pm? Nearly HT now......

Yeah cheers JD ive missed the 1st half due to you putting 6pm KO on the headline

Try to Michael Oldfield.

Please tell me they played the main theme from 'Tubular Bells' over the PA system when that happened.

Please tell me they played the main theme from 'Tubular Bells' over the PA system when that happened.

Nah, but Maggie Riley is the stadium announcer if that helps.

Nah, but Maggie Riley is the stadium announcer if that helps.

She's getting a bit carried away now.

Presumably because the video ref wasn't convinced he would have scored.  Nor was I.  That ball was moving too fast and he was too far away. 

I tend to agree. I didn't think he had a prayer of getting there.

She's getting a bit carried away now.

Tw@, that was my next line.

Shame for 'backtothefuture' that the game didn't kick off at 4am in the morning.

14-0 now to Les Cats.