Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

Fev make bid for Huddersfield Big 3

206 posts in this topic

I heard mention that the cap will be £1m next year.  We will be needing a sprinkling of this calibre of player if we are to go up at the first attempt.

Was it a publicity stunt?  I believe a geniune offer was made, but I'm sure we didn't expect to receive a positive answer.  It's a clear statement of intent designed to grab the attention of players and agents and of course a bit of crowd pleasing for the faithful.

It's certainly got us plenty of publicity, those who think it's joke had better watch out come 2016.  This club is deadly serious in it's intentions.

Could you pass on my recommendation for a certain Mr Adam Henry? :good:

I have a lot of respect for Mark Campbell and what he and fev have achieved and the way they went about things. Very professional. But this last few months it seems Nahaboo seems to have gotten power hungry and made some outlandish remarks and seems to think he can buy Fev success at any price. Its a shame as Fev were doing things right before this. I just feel Fev have lost the way a bit and am not sure this new way is the right way for them in the long term. My concern for Fev. as well as Salford is what happens when these moneymen get bored or realise you cant just buy success and that there is a salary cap in operation? Who picks up the pieces when they have gone? Is it really good for the game that these people come in and think they can just do what they want? They do bring money into the game but for how long and is it invested in the right areas? 

To be fair the club are heavily investing in the stadium, excellent training facilities and we have an strong well funded a academy..... They aren't just blowing all their money on Players. Our PR could do with some refining though

Absolute rollocks, why, I'll tell you why.

Why would three internationals drop a level??

Joke bid, makes the club look daft, it doesn't show intention, not at all.

Purely from a PR/Marketing perspective..........This was on sky sports yesterday.

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12214/9346122/super-league-featherstone-rovers-miss-out-on-huddersfield-giants-trio

I don't think this makes fev sound stupid at all (imagine reading in without and pre conceived ideas about the club).  It does however get our name on sky sports and the attention of a lot more people than our usual paragraph in the Pont n Cas.

Of course we aren't going to sign international players while we are in the 2nd division but we may well have got a few more agents on the phone.

Well I'm sat here laughing,some of the comments and reaction from supporters of other clubs is doing what the statement was meant to do get F/Rovers in the public eye. How many clubs get mentioned on sky sports for instance from lower divisions. As for making the club look daft well I suppose that's for other people to comment on. What I can say is in over 50 years of supporting this club I have never seen so much ambition, backed up with deeds as well as talk,that is not to decry previous boards and committees. One last point just been a bit selfish, so what if it goes #### up it wont be for want of trying, I can guarantee that I will still support this club and not walk away, don't forget this is the FEV rollercoaster.

Leon Pryce and Gareth Carvell the next targets.

Be happy with pryce, but Carvell must be ready for his bus pass soon.

Well I'm sat here laughing,some of the comments and reaction from supporters of other clubs is doing what the statement was meant to do get F/Rovers in the public eye. How many clubs get mentioned on sky sports for instance from lower divisions. As for making the club look daft well I suppose that's for other people to comment on. What I can say is in over 50 years of supporting this club I have never seen so much ambition, backed up with deeds as well as talk,that is not to decry previous boards and committees. One last point just been a bit selfish, so what if it goes #### up it wont be for want of trying, I can guarantee that I will still support this club and not walk away, don't forget this is the FEV rollercoaster.

Exactly. Would you rather the club had the resources and infra structure to bid for these three or would you rather be in CC1 and in serious trouble like the club was a few years ago.

It might seem audacious and arrogant but as they say about life not being fair, it's a lot better than the alternative.

Unfortunely hes signed up for New Zealand RU for next season but they have tried to his brother kenneth

I agree publicity is good for the game, good for fev...... But 3 current internationals, your having a giraffe!!

I actually find it disrespectful, insulting and bad taste...... BECAUSE their internationals!!

I agree publicity is good for the game, good for fev...... But 3 current internationals, your having a giraffe!!

I actually find it disrespectful, insulting and bad taste...... BECAUSE their internationals!!

Aye, know your place Fev!

Aye, know your place Fev!

TBF yeah, please tell me why 1 of them would join fev??

It's not a dig at fev or the ambition, however we need to be realistic in life.

Fev bidding for the best players in their division would be the ideal, not bidding for current internationals from last seasons LLS.

A tad patronising wouldn't you say?

Give me a good reason why Fev shouldn't try and sign current internationals, it's not like it will be the first time we've had current GB/England internationals in the team.

Give me a good reason why Fev shouldn't try and sign current internationals, it's not like it will be the first time we've had current GB/England internationals in the team.

Not at all..... And the reason why current internationals won't sign for fev is there's no incentive.

These are professionals who train 4/5 times a week and play at the highest level, why would they want to play with part timers?? And that's being disrespectful to the division.

Ambition is good, fighting above your weight is ridiculous.

Anyway, give me the attraction of an international dropping down a division ??

Without being patronising, it's a fair bet that Bradford will get relegated into the same division as Fev for next season, but if they were to make a bid for the same 3 players no-one would raise an eyebrow (apart from the fact they couldn't afford them).

TBF yeah, please tell me why 1 of them would join fev??

It's not a dig at fev or the ambition, however we need to be realistic in life.

Fev bidding for the best players in their division would be the ideal, not bidding for current internationals from last seasons LLS.

If/when Bradford get relegated and then pursue top players in their bid to return to SL, would you say the same ?

Without being patronising, it's a fair bet that Bradford will get relegated into the same division as Fev for next season, but if they were to make a bid for the same 3 players no-one would raise an eyebrow (apart from the fact they couldn't afford them).

I would and standby all the comments made to date on this thread.

You don't see hugo boss in primark..

If/when Bradford get relegated and then pursue top players in their bid to return to SL, would you say the same ?

Yep, too right...... And any other lower league team, it just doesn't happen

Full time players playing against part timers, why would they drop a level.

There's a place and a market for everyone, however if you were at the pinnacle of your sport why the hell would you drop a level..... Career suicide

Back in he day the Cougars singed Nick Pinckney, a GB winger, Daryl Powell, a GB stand off and now Cas coach, Fleary an international forward and several others and were coached by the then GB coach, now at England RU and Cougars were in the same division as Fev are now and didn't have the financial backing that Fev have now. Even farther back Fulham signed a whole host of top players and then beat Wigan in their first game on their way to the top flight.

I think Fev and other top CC teams like Fax, Leigh and the Bulls will bid for top players and will get some of them.

Yep, too right...... And any other lower league team, it just doesn't happen

Full time players playing against part timers, why would they drop a level.

There's a place and a market for everyone, however if you were at the pinnacle of your sport why the hell would you drop a level..... Career suicide

Are you sure that several top players at top teams on CC will not be full time when the increased funding is delivered.? A top player like Crabtree who is getting to the upper age limit for a SL players might well fancy a drop down to extend his earnings window.

I think Fev and other top CC teams like Fax, Leigh and the Bulls will bid for top players and will get some of them.

Past their sell by date players

Are you sure that several top players at top teams on CC will not be full time when the increased funding is delivered.? A top player like Crabtree who is getting to the upper age limit for a SL players might well fancy a drop down to extend his earnings window.

Let's get this straight, I'm talking about international status players, players who have played in SL playoffs, wembley finals and won the LLS

If Crabtree wanted to drop down he'd drop to a lesser club in the SL. IMHO the only time a SL player would drop down to a champ team would be to play for his home team

Let's get this straight, I'm talking about international status players, players who have played in SL playoffs, wembley finals and won the LLS

If Crabtree wanted to drop down he'd drop to a lesser club in the SL. IMHO the only time a SL player would drop down to a champ team would be to play for his home team

Well you are entitled to your opinion. Let's see what happens before the start of next season .