Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

Fev make bid for Huddersfield Big 3

Well you are entitled to your opinion. Let's see what happens before the start of next season .

Respect to you and thanks, your a good poster and as I say respect to you.....I've just a strong opinion on this.

Not at all..... And the reason why current internationals won't sign for fev is there's no incentive.

These are professionals who train 4/5 times a week and play at the highest level, why would they want to play with part timers?? And that's being disrespectful to the division.

Ambition is good, fighting above your weight is ridiculous.

Anyway, give me the attraction of an international dropping down a division ??

Fev will be full time next year. so no difference there.

Money would be one attraction (we've got plenty), the glory of taking a lowly team back to the big time might be another.

Remember when world champion Michael Schumacher "dropped down" to a Ferrari team that hadn't won anything for 20 years, but had big plans?  That went quite well iirc.  (and i'm not suggesting fev are the ferrari of RL before anyone chimes in)

Money would be one attraction (we've got plenty), the glory of taking a lowly team back to the big time might be another.

Remember when world champion Michael Schumacher "dropped down" to a Ferrari team that hadn't won anything for 20 years, but had big plans?  That went quite well iirc.  (and i'm not suggesting fev are the ferrari of RL before anyone chimes in)

Like your enthusiasm, however these guys are still SL top quality. This is my issue, I could understand if this was a bid knowing fev were coming up next season.

Like your enthusiasm, however these guys are still SL top quality. This is my issue, I could understand if this was a bid knowing fev were coming up next season.

And there speaks a man who follows a team that were mediocre for as long as I can remember.......

And there speaks a man who follows a team that were mediocre for as long as I can remember.......

Yes and they brought the token Aussie and kiwis over and won jack...... I've been a fan since 83. Wires have won a few lanc cups, a regal trophy and a premiership..... We've sold our best players and been in the poo many times, I can happily say we've been saved by Moran, however he's gone about his business properly and in stages.

No boom or bust for us and bought players who were in our league, so there's an attraction

A tad patronising wouldn't you say?

Give me a good reason why Fev shouldn't try and sign current internationals, it's not like it will be the first time we've had current GB/England internationals in the team.

Absolutely.

As a neutral I wouldn't see Fev as any lesser a club than the Wolves. Very similar standing at different points of development.

Reminds me of when, not too long ago, Warrington wanted signed three of our international players just when they'd found a pot of gold.

The model T Ford was an extremely reliable and successful vehicle and probably contributed a lot more to motoring than Ferrari. Featherstone Ford. It has quite an attractive ring to it.

Absolutely.

As a neutral I wouldn't see Fev as any lesser a club than the Wolves. Very similar standing at different points of development.

Reminds me of when, not too long ago, Warrington wanted signed three of our international players just when they'd found a pot of gold.

Similar - wires have never been relegated, always dined at the top table.

We've been pants for 70 off a 100 seasons

Again wires brought players in year after year as the crowds increase

Gleeson, King, Monas, Won the cc then bought Atkins & Myler then won another CC and got Ratchford in. Never the chance of busting the club EVEN if Moran left.

PMJ is absolutely spot with what he is saying.

Thank you and you'll notice my clubs under attack.

I'm defending Super League Internationals, which I've made clear in every post and it come back to Wires and I'm patronising.

Thanks again

Similar - wires have never been relegated, always dined at the top table.

We've been pants for 70 off a 100 seasons

Again wires brought players in year after year as the crowds increase

Gleeson, King, Monas, Won the cc then bought Atkins & Myler then won another CC and got Ratchford in. Never the chance of busting the club EVEN if Moran left.

Selective quoting. That's not the point I was making and I think you probably know it.

Remember when world champion Michael Schumacher "dropped down" to a Ferari team that hadn't won anything for 20 years, but had big plans? That went quite well iirc. (and i'm not suggesting fev are the ferrari of RL before anyone chimes in)

going full time would cripple fev financially you just cannot get the crowds to sustain it

going full time would cripple fev financially you just cannot get the crowds to sustain it

I guess the plan is to have Feisal and his associates subsidise the club for a couple of years to get to SL. If that is achieved any club is sustainable with the benefit of Sky money.

If SL is not achieved then the club would have to go back to part-time.

If you get into super league and then start losing more than your winning will the crowds drop and the backers get board and walk away history says thats going to happen

We think we can.  Coupled with the other money making developments that are happening at the ground, crowds of 5-7k will see us sustainable (from the little snippets I've picked up).  We think that's comfortably achieveable.

Of course we need financial input from our backers in the short term.  The majority of the investment so far has gone into revenue generating improvements, clearly we will need a small top up to pay full cap next season and the first few seasons in Super League.

We think we can.  Coupled with the other money making developments that are happening at the ground, crowds of 5-7k will see us sustainable (from the little snippets I've picked up).  We think that's comfortably achieveable.

Of course we need financial input from our backers in the short term.  The majority of the investment so far has gone into revenue generating improvements, clearly we will need a small top up to pay full cap next season and the first few seasons in Super League.

5-7K average comfortably achievable! This is how RL business plans always start out isn't it?

We think we can. Coupled with the other money making developments that are happening at the ground, crowds of 5-7k will see us sustainable (from the little snippets I've picked up). We think that's comfortably achieveable.

Of course we need financial input from our backers in the short term. The majority of the investment so far has gone into revenue generating improvements, clearly we will need a small top up to pay full cap next season and the first few seasons in Super League.

You're forecasting an increase of 120% in crowds when you're going to start losing more games? That's ambitious.

5-7k crowds and you can pay full cap and be sustainable? That's absolutely ridiculous. You need 10k crowds to pay full cap and be a sustainable SL club.

Everything doesn't add up. If Fev want to be an SL club on the current crowds and pay full cap the owners would have to pay off 750k-1m of losses each year. That's just based on Hudgell having to make up 500k a year to keep HKR going on 7k crowds.

They're being ambitious but I don't think it will work out.

Think everyone will wish Fev every success if they make SL. If they do there isn't a better club eg to follow than Warrington over the last 10/12 years, I personally doubt they will have the crowds to match Wolves progress, but thats not to say they can't try. There is obviously more to it than crowds though, Wire seem to have it right in all departments .

If it was just about crowds Bradford for eg would not be where they are at the moment, No club grasped the concept of S League better than they did and they got the people in. ( a different thread ).

If Hudd's are anything as a guide it will be a long steady process, and if thats the way at Fev, then they will need all the money that some are claiming they have, Players like they are trying for don't come cheap, they would have to be big contracts with security to get them away from top sides. All that said ,Good luck to them. 

You're forecasting an increase of 120% in crowds when you're going to start losing more games? That's ambitious.

5-7k crowds and you can pay full cap and be sustainable? That's absolutely ridiculous. You need 10k crowds to pay full cap and be a sustainable SL club.

Everything doesn't add up. If Fev want to be an SL club on the current crowds and pay full cap the owners would have to pay off 750k-1m of losses each year. That's just based on Hudgell having to make up 500k a year to keep HKR going on 7k crowds.

They're being ambitious but I don't think it will work out.

Most of SL doesn't get 10,000 averages so they will  be on good company.

Theres no way that them three would go to fev although i do think crabtree would fit in well

Don't think so. He talks in complete sentences and has no chip on his shoulder.

5-7k crowds and you can pay full cap and be sustainable? That's absolutely ridiculous. That's just based on Hudgell having to make up 500k a year to keep HKR going on 7k crowds.

The Hudgell quote is spot on, but any rich chairman is able to buy the empty seats. As for 7,000 it's best to perhaps look at Widnes. They had 3700 they took to 6000 in SL. So on that reality most people on this topic have forecast Fev good for a 5,000 average at best.

As for buying players any rich chairman can ensure the club has full salary cap. I assume paying a transfer fee would be the extra a rich chairman could pay if he really wanted a player, but that player has to want to come to the club.

The best players will want to be in the "Super 8" competition not in second tier play off stuff and this is where there's a difference with the new set up. It creates a second tier higher up the ladder. 

The Hudgell quote is spot on, but any rich chairman is able to buy the empty seats. As for 7,000 it's best to perhaps look at Widnes. They had 3700 they took to 6000 in SL. So on that reality most people on this topic have forecast Fev good for a 5,000 average at best.

As for buying players any rich chairman can ensure the club has full salary cap. I assume paying a transfer fee would be the extra a rich chairman could pay if he really wanted a player, but that player has to want to come to the club.

The best players will want to be in the "Super 8" competition not in second tier play off stuff and this is where there's a difference with the new set up. It creates a second tier higher up the ladder.

But Widnes had been in SL previously and had already proven they had fans who just wouldn't watch the championship.

Where are the Fev fans going to come from?

But Widnes had been in SL previously and had already proven they had fans who just wouldn't watch the championship.

Where are the Fev fans going to come from?

Places like Leeds, Hull, Wakefield, Castleford, some from Huddersfield, Wigan, St.Helens, Warrington.....

These will help swell the crowds at POR. There will be locals from Fev and Ponte and dormant Fev fans from around West Yorks who will go along to see Fev in SL.

But again if Nahaboo if rich enough and benevolent with it, the club won't need any fans.