Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedford Roughyed

Fev make bid for Huddersfield Big 3

206 posts in this topic

Has he lost the plot? Todays whoosh of  - of - well nothing of any substance is very odd. Marquee signing from Hudds, Pryce, Carvell, Sammutt, Pitts and Frank Lampard all on West Yorks twitter - sorry realised FL story wasn't credited to Fev. Full time next season repeated also

Must be very good news to all the blokes leaving their all on the pitch or the kids coming through to see the links to the 'old heads' for next year

Fev had created a unique team spirit over a number of years imo, that seems to have been ripped apart in a few months of knee jerk reactions

Craiq,

I know your club wouldn't take this approach, but if they wanted to could Leigh sign the calibre of players spoken about above?

Because if any are any good/available then not only could Fev afford them but Bulls, Widnes, Salford, Wakey etc. too?

The message seems to be "I'm rich and will sign up a winning team?

Nobody is richer than the salary cap

I fear for you if I am honest, you should have been a top two shoe in over a season and I see you moving at pace either forwards or reverse but it could be either

I fear for you if I am honest, you should have been a top two shoe in over a season and I see you moving at pace either forwards or reverse but it could be either

We looked like world beaters in Pre-Season, the fall from grace has been a big shock to us all, hence the rash decisions and panicky media statements.

Internally, I've already written this season off and will wait to see what Andy Hay can do with us next year.

We looked like world beaters in Pre-Season, the fall from grace has been a big shock to us all, hence the rash decisions and panicky media statements.

Internally, I've already written this season off and will wait to see what Andy Hay can do with us next year.

Money aside(yes I know!!) why would you write off a season when you are second in the league, and therefore in a decent position to win the GF? Surely that is the point of every season?

I believe that everyone's stated aim is to finish in the top two due to the monetary rewards on offer, which you are still well placed to do.

I cannot help thinking that there is something deeply concerning when a supporter of a club makes a statement such as this when their club is in such a position.

Money aside(yes I know!!) why would you write off a season when you are second in the league, and therefore in a decent position to win the GF? Surely that is the point of every season?

I believe that everyone's stated aim is to finish in the top two due to the monetary rewards on offer, which you are still well placed to do.

I cannot help thinking that there is something deeply concerning when a supporter of a club makes a statement such as this when their club is in such a position.

Just don't see it happening, I think we'll cobble together enough results to stay in second (assuming we beat Halifax), but I don't see us reaching the Grand Final.

I say written off, because I am not enjoying the way we play.  The only thing keeping me going to home games at the moment is my season ticket, I doubt I'd walk up and pay at the moment.  Watching my lad at Lock Lane under 9s is more entertaining than what I've seen lately.

Of course we could have a massive turn around and all bets are back on, just won't be getting my hopes up.

Just don't see it happening, I think we'll cobble together enough results to stay in second (assuming we beat Halifax), but I don't see us reaching the Grand Final.

I say written off, because I am not enjoying the way we play.  The only thing keeping me going to home games at the moment is my season ticket, I doubt I'd walk up and pay at the moment.  Watching my lad at Lock Lane under 9s is more entertaining than what I've seen lately.

Of course we could have a massive turn around and all bets are back on, just won't be getting my hopes up.

Perhaps you have been spoilt over the last few sesons and have forgotten what it can really be like to support a team who do not continually push for honours!

Perhaps you have been spoilt over the last few sesons and have forgotten what it can really be like to support a team who do not continually push for honours!

Do you want me to see if I can get you a cut price Cougars season ticket ? We are fighting relegation never mind worrying about the top 2 spot.

Do you want me to see if I can get you a cut price Cougars season ticket ? We are fighting relegation never mind worrying about the top 2 spot.

No need, my club are in exactly the same position, so will pass on that very generous offer.

I don't expect us to be challenging for honours every year.  I do expect us to look like a Rugby League team though, which at times this year, we haven't.

I don't expect us to be challenging for honours every year.  I do expect us to look like a Rugby League team though, which at times this year, we haven't.

How many games have you lost?

i   agree   ponterover  our   lack   of   direction   and  general   teamwork  has   been   shambolic   at  times.but    as   they    say  THINGS   CAN  ONLY   GET   BETTER .lets   hope  we   can   finish   the   season   in   a   more   positive   way, would   be   nice  to   turn  leigh  over.unlikely   but   set   a  target  for    the   players   to   aim   at.

i   agree   ponterover  our   lack   of   direction   and  general   teamwork  has   been   shambolic   at  times.but    as   they    say  THINGS   CAN  ONLY   GET   BETTER .lets   hope  we   can   finish   the   season   in   a   more   positive   way, would   be   nice  to   turn  leigh  over.unlikely   but   set   a  target  for    the   players   to   aim   at.

Hope so, Sunday afternoon has become a bit of a chore to be honest.  Don't feel like I'm getting my 17 quid's worth at the mo.

I'll still be there, hoping for an improvement.

These press releases are absolutely hilarious. I was having a pretty boring morning at work until all this popped up. I was chuckling to myself so much that my colleagues were convinced I'd been toking on a foul dooby.

On a more serious note, Featherstone supporters need to get their act together - as one, and force this idiot out of their club. It's blatantly obvious that he's going to end up leading you down a very dark path indeed. He's already started, by the way.

Tried to sign Michael Monaghan and Leon Pryce too, apparently.

They should get katie price then it would go #### up

Remember clubs exist because of and for fans, we will still be there when others have moved on

Fev or fax will finish top two, I believe we have enough in the bank to ride a few losses and come top two but being a Leyther owt is possible

Craiq,

I know your club wouldn't take this approach, but if they wanted to could Leigh sign the calibre of players spoken about above?

Because if any are any good/available then not only could Fev afford them but Bulls, Widnes, Salford, Wakey etc. too?

The message seems to be "I'm rich and will sign up a winning team?

Nobody is richer than the salary cap

I believe our approach is to build from within, we have a young team and they will all be FT next year plus about 5 will strengthen the team

We seem to think year two would be our best shot in reaching SL and I agree with that, as the nucleus of the SL team will have been at the club a number of years

Lots to agree with there Sweaty.

The major ballsup was the appointment of John Bastian, he ripped the heart and soul out of the team and brought in players who were not of the right standard, all with the board's consent. We are bloody lucky to be second in the table, the only saving grace for us has been that Sheffield and Halifax have been equally poor.

Lots of knee jerking has gone off since Bastian was shown the door, but from the tweets I followed this morning, it sounds like the ship may finally be steadying. Sounds like there have been major changes in the boardroom.

Good luck to Andy Hay, hopefully he'll have got us sorted by August and we'll be able to give you a game.

Fev and Sheffield haven't been in poor just the standard of the league below 4th has increased massively. Look at Batley for example.

Think Fev fans are acting like spoilt little kids.

In the off season we signed a third of our squad with no first team championship experience. Appointed a coach with no championship experience. Swapped our second best player Kurt Haggerty for a couple of Leigh reserves with no Championship experience. Our coach left us shortly into his reign after only winning one game and losing every home game. We decided too replace him with a 42 year old who decided to start himself at scrum half and then get himself banned for 5 games in his second game for giving a linesman abuse. We sit at the bottom of the table with a points difference of -220 winning 3 out of our 16 games an we are going to have to win at least 8 of our remaining 10 games to have a chance of staying up. We have the least inexperienced and cheapest squad yet we get higher crowds than a lot of our league, we haven't been told anything in months by our BOD. This comes after the previous regime put us half a million in debt (we didn't ask other clubs to bail us out) we nearly went bust and to top all that off we have been beaten at home by both Workington and Whitehaven in the last two seasons. Would I ever not turn up to watch my side? Never in a million years.

Yet Fev are sat second in the league and fans are considering not turning up because 'I don't like the style they play' get a grip.

Fev trying to be the equivalent of Salford, in the Championship and being more embarrassing.

I'm afraid supporters now look at a game differently as to maybe 10 years ago,then there was no question of I'm not getting my moneys worth I may as well do something else on a gameday.All this stems from S/L and some supporters there, especially season ticket holders who will only go to matches they have pre-paid for, unless there team has got to a final.What I'm trying to say is there seems to be little love for the club they support or the game in general. This is how I view a lot of the modern day supporters,whether I'm right or wrong I don't know. Myself well I'm one of the old type of supporter, yes I'll moan but I can guarentee I'll still be there.

Yet Fev are sat second in the league and fans are considering not turning up because 'I don't like the style they play' get a grip.

I think the gripe that us Fev fans have is more to do with the position the club finds itself in, in regards to the likelihood of attaining SL status.

We had 4 years under Powell where season on season the team improved with astute signings, but more so by the quality coaching provided by DP and his staff.

Unfortunately the BOD decided that a coach with a winning record of 90% was no longer the right man to take the club forward. They knew better and had the very man to do the job. A man with no first team coaching experience, who they happily allowed to come in and dismantle all the good foundations that had been built. Unsurprisingly it didn't work out and now we have another rookie coach who is rebuilding the team again with DR and loan players that seem to change every week. The rugby is poor and in most cases the stop gap players are no better than the club's contracted players.

We have embarrassing press releases claiming the club is trying to sign high profile SL players, we will not lose any further games this season, we will definitely finish second this year, we have mystery investors lined up blah, blah, blah....

It all feels like the club is acting like a gambler who has been successful and then after one bad loss abandons all their winning strategies and goes chasing their losses until they have nothing left.

Within the space of 12 months Featherstone Rovers have gone from a club held up as a well run, forward moving organisation to a laughing stock.

What I as a Fev fan am most upset about is this was all avoidable. Ego's and a lack of Rugby league knowledge from the people with power look to have set us back years.

I'm afraid supporters now look at a game differently as to maybe 10 years ago,then there was no question of I'm not getting my moneys worth I may as well do something else on a gameday.All this stems from S/L and some supporters there, especially season ticket holders who will only go to matches they have pre-paid for, unless there team has got to a final.What I'm trying to say is there seems to be little love for the club they support or the game in general. This is how I view a lot of the modern day supporters,whether I'm right or wrong I don't know. Myself well I'm one of the old type of supporter, yes I'll moan but I can guarentee I'll still be there.

People also have very busy lives these days, for example:  I work 6 days a week and am self employed, so don't get many holidays.  At the moment, I can spend my Sunday afternoons getting frustrated with a bunch of lads who sometimes look like they've never seen a Rugby ball before, or I can spend it filling that big hole in the driveway that Mrs PonteRover has been nagging me about for 3 weeks.  After the performance against Donny, that hole started looking attractive, so I didn't bother driving to Workington yesterday and earned a few brownie points.

I'll still be there on Sunday though, and even if I didn't have the season ticket, I probably would be.  Despite all the club's faults, I'm still as totally obsessed as I was when I started watching as a nine year old.

You are wrong.

To answer Ponterover, I do appreciate times have moved on from 10 years ago and people have financial and family commitments, perhaps my comments  were too much of a generalisation,unfortunately I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve with regards Fev. Dave T my thoughts might be wrong in your eyes, but I'm sure there are statistics somewhere to back up what I say about season ticket holders. Just to show that I'm a throw back I now prefer to listen to matches on radio than on Sky.

To answer Ponterover, I do appreciate times have moved on from 10 years ago and people have financial and family commitments, perhaps my comments  were too much of a generalisation,unfortunately I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve with regards Fev. Dave T my thoughts might be wrong in your eyes, but I'm sure there are statistics somewhere to back up what I say about season ticket holders. Just to show that I'm a throw back I now prefer to listen to matches on radio than on Sky.

It's a changing world, people spend their money differently, it was your arrogant claims that only older fans like you care about your club or the game.

That is nonsense.