Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kick

Karl Olstrum

44 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why he was unavailable again ? Just not good enough , does he have a list of unavailability for the rest of the season he would like to share ?

Who knows , but it wouldn't surprise anyone if he wasn't here.

If haven think he'll be any different when he gets there they're as deluded as the majority of their supporters.

It's time that both he and the board man up and be open with supporters he should have a close look at the way Brett Phillips is performing at the moment but then again perhaps that's why he is staying away

I wouldn't have thought so. And if it's a personal issue I wouldn't expect the club to go public with it although if it isn't I'd expect they would.

Well , what may happen at the end of the season and anything behind the scenes is one thing ,and that's for the club , but as for now we need him to step up and play his role for us , because out on the pitch he plays tough and gives real starch in attack and defence. We've a hole needs filling and it's his to take .I was about to say time to come to the party , but maybe that's not the right term !!

I dont think he realises how good he is or how good he can be! He is deffinetly somebody you want in the team!

Last season I remember Charlo saying that he was regularly making 50 tackles and 20 runs . That work rate is invaluable . Head screwed on and he's a midfield dynamo .

Excellent player on his day

You are dead right Donald he is but sadly we haven't seen a great deal of evidence of that this season and he is missing more games now than he has done in the past for a variety of reasons apparently!!!!

Last season I remember Charlo saying that he was regularly making 50 tackles and 20 runs . That work rate is invaluable . Head screwed on and he's a midfield dynamo .

That was last season.......

Leave the lad alone - he's there most weeks carrying the kicking tee - maybe the fact lever got in ahead of him at the start of the year apparently has ###### him off .. I say apparently as he was absolutely anonymous in his 4 games and dam right pathetic - another dud from wigan .

Thing with Karl is we've heard it all before - he's locked up- assaulted bouncers - not training - on a stag do - turned up ###### up - but he always comes back stronger, stop guessing what's going on and get behind him

Lever got in the side in front of him? Don't make me laugh. If that's the best rumour you can make up you need to think harder. I'm sure everyone is behind a Karl Olstrom who's committed to the cause it's just we haven't seen much of it this season.

Leave the lad alone - he's there most weeks carrying the kicking tee - maybe the fact lever got in ahead of him at the start of the year apparently has ###### him off .. I say apparently as he was absolutely anonymous in his 4 games and dam right pathetic - another dud from wigan .

Thing with Karl is we've heard it all before - he's locked up- assaulted bouncers - not training - on a stag do - turned up ###### up - but he always comes back stronger, stop guessing what's going on and get behind him

To be fair, everyone who has posted on here wants Karl back in the team.

To be fair, everyone who has posted on here wants Karl back in the team.

exactly, we all want a Karl olstrum who's available on a weekly basis, not in one week, out the next. He can't argue about not playing if he can't commit to everyweek. But on his game, olstrum is the best loose forward we have.

That's all fair enough if he's doing everything required and not being selected , but if he's not towing the line and is the one at fault then it's tough to have sympathy .We don't know - There's been to much this season surrounding him whatever is going on . We don't need it, it's tough enough with a tiny squad . Either way , it needs to be put aside for the remainder of this most crucial season and they all need to row in the same direction . We're not good enough to do without a player we'd all have as one of our core players . Let's just hope in these next defining 10 games all we're doing is talking about Karl the ON FIELD PLAYER , and his match winning contributions ...

It was said in veivers after match interview a few weeks ago a he had issues outside the game... So leave it at that ! When he's back he will be back - more to life that rugby league and if the club want to run with such a slim squad where 1 mans unavailability is the end of the world then it's the BOD that need questioning

if the club want to run with such a slim squad where 1 mans unavailability is the end of the world then it's the BOD that need questioning...

Oh yes , and have we been doing it !

Lever got in the side in front of him? Don't make me laugh. If that's the best rumour you can make up you need to think harder. I'm sure everyone is behind a Karl Olstrom who's committed to the cause it's just we haven't seen much of it this season.

From what I've seen Olstrum is a good player and contributes well when he plays. Looking at the beginning of the season Lever played in the first five games in which we won three and he played off the bench for Olstrum. If you look at both who have high tackle counts and work hard in attack then maybe it's these types of players we're missing. Just a thought!