Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kick

Karl Olstrum

44 posts in this topic

I'm sure everyone who contributes to this forum would like to have the Karl Olstrum we all know for the better playing as one of the backbones of our team.   If the lad has personal problems then I'm sure he will be getting help from the club so I agree let's leave it now and see what transpires.

It's not looking good is it, not injured according to reports. How many games has Karl played this year?

karl still a top player on his day would have him at haven

on his day. Hmmmmmmm

cant believe some people are blaming the board for this one, karl was in starting team, and for him to do something on sat nlght, which resulted in him no being able to play, lmo tells me he is not fully commited to the team

He was needed more then ever on Sunday long and short of it and didn't show up for whatever reason but to me he should look at what we achieved yesterday and get training tomorrow get his head down and hope big Phil can give him a chance! I just hope this isn't the same tale of a Whitehaven chap we took on a few years ago and problems away from the game resulted him not succeeding and finishing up way before his time!! I would even go as far as to say one of the other lads get him staying over with them to keep an eye on him!! Top player who was talking about getting back in super league at the start of the season! If Karl gets to read like I know a few players do, you can still make it in the big league just try n sort it! Up the town

cant believe some people are blaming the board for this one, karl was in starting team, and for him to do something on sat nlght, which resulted in him no being able to play, lmo tells me he is not fully commited to the team

if that's the case, he dosent deserve to play.

I'd leave it to the players to decide - it's them he keeps letting down. On his day a great player but he hasn't reproduced the form of last season for me.

He was needed more then ever on Sunday long and short of it and didn't show up for whatever reason but to me he should look at what we achieved yesterday and get training tomorrow get his head down and hope big Phil can give him a chance! I just hope this isn't the same tale of a Whitehaven chap we took on a few years ago and problems away from the game resulted him not succeeding and finishing up way before his time!!

....with that great show and go? He was a cracking player and in a good team. I also seem to remember he didn't understand what all the fuss from the fans was about. If his problems are the same wouldn't hold out much hope though hope I'm wrong.

....with that great show and go? He was a cracking player and in a good team. I also seem to remember he didn't understand what all the fuss from the fans was about. If his problems are the same wouldn't hold out much hope though hope I'm wrong.

craig Walsh? Outstanding player, but he wasn't even that fond of rugby, he played because it came easy to him. Hopefully Karl still loves the game and puts his heart back into it.

Exactly the one wonky, he was class for town n haven was Walsh but you could rely on him being on the bus to an away match but would be making appearances in fusion and the park

I'd leave it to the players to decide - it's them he keeps letting down. On his day a great player but he hasn't reproduced the form of last season for me.

Agreed, I think he has let  himself, the coach, the BOD's and the fans down but most of all his team mates. So I think it's a great shout for the club to say we've had enough of your antics but IF the players and coach are prepared to give you ONE last chance then we will.

Agreed, I think he has let  himself, the coach, the BOD's and the fans down but most of all his team mates. So I think it's a great shout for the club to say we've had enough of your antics but IF the players and coach are prepared to give you ONE last chance then we will.

Do we know the story then or just surmising from past experiences?

Last year whatever he got up to didn't affect his performances.

to be fair it hasn't effected his performances this year, you can't perform if you get nowhere near the pitch. You would think he's in a last ditch saloon now.

craig Walsh? Outstanding player, but he wasn't even that fond of rugby, he played because it came easy to him. Hopefully Karl still loves the game and puts his heart back into it.

He hated it, once told me he'd never watched a game since he retired from the sport. Great talent

We dont really know that, he may well have been even better if he hadnt been erm...you know...doing daft stuff, so the rumours go.

Yes, awol again!

This year it has affected his performances, when he turns up that is.

He hated it, once told me he'd never watched a game since he retired from the sport. Great talent

he never watched it when he was playing.