Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumby Magic

TV shows they should bring back.

74 posts in this topic

Crikey there have been rehashes of all sorts of tripe over the years but I have a leftfield suggestion for a reboot:

Driving Force.

Anyone remember it? I think Mike Smith presented it. With all this Top Gear popularity, maybe throw in Richard Hammond to present with Mike Smith (again) and you could have Jimmy Tarbuck driving a tractor through an obstacle course whilst Cilla Black speeds 180mph around Brands Hatch. What could not be liked about it?

Krypton factor and knight rider.

321 is still being replayed on Challenge and is a great reminder why it shouldn't be brought back. It was a ridiculous show. (Does that thing with fingers)

But they should bring back Tuckers Luck. Maybe as a late 40's version. I met Tucker Jenkins, he was a really nice guy.

Combined.

The Krypton Rider. 

You have to do an assault course in your car which can then answer general knowledge questions for you while solving small town crimes and rescuing single mothers from villainous land owners.

TV gold. I am a genius.

Combined.

The Krypton Rider. 

You have to do an assault course in your car which can then answer general knowledge questions for you while solving small town crimes and rescuing single mothers from villainous land owners.

TV gold. I am a genius.

LOL, you are a genius. That sounds like a winner to me, surely channel 5 would be interested?

"It's a knockout" so we can keep an eye on Stuart Hall.

tuesday night floodlit rugby, we managed it years ago and half the teams had no floodlights!!

Bullseye

They did bring Bullseye back. It mustn't have been great or smashing (or super) as it didn't seem to last long

They did bring Bullseye back. It mustn't have been great or smashing (or super) as it didn't seem to last long

Perhaps it was the "Bulls" bit of it that was the problem... :tongue:

Or the contestants weren't shellsuit clad.

On a serious note I'd like to see quantum leap brought back, loved that show when I was a kid.

The Lexx.

Auf Wiederwiedersehen Pet

Except instead of Brits going to Germany to take German jobs the Germans don't want, it's Poles coming to Britain to take British jobs the British don't want!  :ph34r:

Auf Wiederwiedersehen Pet

That's bound to be very clever but it's rather late and I've had a beer so can't be bothered to work it out.

Dear John

Both of these were brought back in the past five years or so, Krypton Factor reboot wasn’t too bad but it never took hold – got a couple of series I think. The Knight Rider one was utter pants.

Agree with Quantum Leap – it’s such a great concept especially if you get the right actor, it can run and run as the scope for different stories is massive.

And Zev :wub: the first one.

The very first one? The obese woman who got transformed into Eva Haberman? To be fair to Xenia Seeberg, who was her replacement (with a name change to 'Xev'), she was pretty fabulous before the unfortunate lip surgery. But you can't knock a series with a character who is described on Wikipedia as cannibal/queen/real estate agent/Pope (Giggerota).