Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumby Magic

TV shows they should bring back.

74 posts in this topic

Replace all "Reality Shows" with the Potters wheel interlude. It was far more interesting.

Replace all "Reality Shows" with the Potters wheel interlude. It was far more interesting.

Surely the Test Card would be even better?

I'd like to see a drag racing TV show.

Build your own Drag racer, scrapheap style and see who survives till the end of the quarter mile.... could work!

I'd like to see a drag racing TV show.

I don't think the sight of Danny LaRue and Lily Savage on the starting blocks is a winner.

Second thoughts.....

An old show they are bringing back but probably the best thread for it: Danger Mouse

There's one programme that they'd better not mess up!

when we were nippers playing rugby up park many years ago we all knew when it were time to go home,

>>>   voyage to bottom of the sea...    were on/       search u tube for the clips. cracking telly.

Pardon My Genie.

Was that Melvyn Hayes in a watering can in a greenhouse. I remember Kids From 7a (or was it 47a?) around then too. Programme about some kids who were left to live alone or something.

Was that Melvyn Hayes in a watering can in a greenhouse. I remember Kids From 7a (or was it 47a?) around then too. Programme about some kids who were left to live alone or something.

Kids from 47a I think. A similar programme to The Double Deckers IIRC.

Kids from 47a I think. A similar programme to The Double Deckers IIRC.

Melvin Hayes was in Double Deckers too as the janitor. We used to be so jealous of their hideout!

The Water Margin/Monkey

Loved both of those as a lad. I've bought the books they were based on in good translations, and 'The Water Margin' is quite an eye-opener, as the 'heroes' behave in ways that probably would seem a little off by Western standards. One pair of good guys are a husband and wife who run an inn, where they drug and kill passers-by, before serving their remains up as 'pork dumplings'. And there are incidences of cannibalism, infanticide etc. from other characters too. 

Trivia #1: In the TV series, the bandits' leader Lin Chung was played by Atsuo Nakamura, who ended up as a leader in real life, going into politics.

Trivia #2: If you ever got confused feelings about the boy monk Tripitaka in 'Monkey', the character was actually played by a young woman, Masako Natsume.