Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumby Magic

TV shows they should bring back.

74 posts in this topic

Name that tune

Was that a show in its own right? Or was it just part of Sunday night at the palladium or whatever?

There's a thing too, remember when shows like that were part and parcel of Sunday nights? Stars on Sunday...jumpers for goalposts. .

NO! Leave it well alone.

its on tuesday at midnight ch5 its called wentworth prison ive just set reminder

Jim'll fix it would be an interesting one

followed by the Rolf Harris show  :ph34r:

Was that a show in its own right? Or was it just part of Sunday night at the palladium or whatever?

There's a thing too, remember when shows like that were part and parcel of Sunday nights? Stars on Sunday...jumpers for goalposts. .

Here ya go matey, all me own wiki work :D

The British version began in 1956. Marion Ryan was the singer in the popular musical quiz Spot The Tune on Granada Television for seven years, with a total of 209 half-hour programmes. Several stars hosted it, including disc-jockey Pete MurrayCanadian pop singer Jackie Rae, and comedians Ken Platt and Ted Ray. The big band in support was that ofPeter Knight and his Orchestra.[1]

It was later revived as Name That Tune on ITV. The UK pilot was recorded in 1976 and became a 15-minute slot on the popular entertainment series Wednesday At Eight but because the game was so popular, producers Thames Television decided to turn Name That Tune into a half-hour weekly series in 1983.[2]

From 1976 until 1983 it was hosted by Tom O'ConnorLionel Blair took over from O'Connor in 1983 until the series was dropped from the ITV schedules in 1988. Maggie Moone and Irish trio Sheeba sang the songs that contestants had to guess, while the pianist (whose hands were a regular feature) was Ronnie Price. Nick Jackson served as the announcer.

In 1997 the series was revived on Channel 5 with Jools Holland as the host for 2 series in 1997 and 1998.[3]

On 5 May 5 2007 the show was briefly revived for Vernon Kay's Gameshow Marathon on ITV, with Peter Dickson as announcer.

Jim'll fix it would be an interesting one

I was on that Jim fixed it for me to milk a cow blind folded.

I was on that Jim fixed it for me to milk a cow blind folded.

My mate went on to meet slade i give him some right stlck when it all come out about saville

Kick start.

Totally agree.  Everything was brilliant about it. 

1/The theme tune: right through to the revving motor bike at the end.

2/ The people who were really good: it was fun to watch kids bunny hopping on logs and being impressed by their skills.

3/  the people who were rubbish:  it was brilliant to watch some kid fall off his bike trying to bunny hop on a log and then go off crying.

4/  It in no way inspired you to have any desire to get a motocross bike because it just all looked like more hassle than it was worth.

Any cartoon series which has more episodes than it is possible to watch during a standard childhood length  (Dogtanian, Mysterious cities of gold, Willy Fogg, Ulysses 31 )  It'll teach kids the importance of perseverance in this quickfire technological age.

Muffin the Mule with Annette Mills in black and white.

Blackadder. Would have to be out of chronological sequence of course, but plenty of historical periods to go at.

Blackadder. Would have to be out of chronological sequence of course, but plenty of historical periods to go at.

1960s Cold War based in Germany

1970s Wilt knock-off

1980s with Blackadder as a pit manager. Melchitt as Tory minister!

not read the thread but "Mind your Language"

Can you imagine the complaints that would get today!!

Anything from the seventies would get complaints nowadays

I think Love Thy Neighbour would knock it into a cocked hat!

I think Love Thy Neighbour would knock it into a cocked hat!

Meh. You want to re-commission 'Heil Honey, I'm home!' if you really want to offend people.

Meh. You want to re-commission 'Heil Honey, I'm home!' if you really want to offend people.

You were the one person who watched it!

I'd like to see a drag racing TV show.

I find the thought of Usain Bolt running in a dress quite disturbing.

You were the one person who watched it!

The only episode ever broadcast is available on YouTube, and it stinks the place out. I don't mind tasteless (having just bought the box set of 'Bottom'), but the important thing it that it has to be actually funny. 'Heil Honey' is just terrible.

Railway Roundabout

that was the week that was

Well they've brought Happy Days back, in a way. On UK Gold/Dave at the mo!