Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bulldog Days

Kear to Odsal?

78 posts in this topic

Where did l say that? Stop making things up! And what does bore off actually mean?

Just another aggressive response from this angry, confrontational man, DD.

Hope Kear stays, however if he goes we will survive. Just like we have in the past when both top coaches and players have departed for pastures new. And sometimes we do more than survive, last season being an example.

And we do it on low crowds and a much smaller overall revenue than a lot of our rivals.

We are Batley. We've been here for over a 100 years and will be going forward.

It's what we do

oh wait a minute...JK born in Cas, his former club, his name banded about at the time...nah why would he apply? I must be wrong lol why would he want to coach his home town club in SL ? lol

Oh Deano, the above are ''your'' reasons he would coach Cas, all of course quite possibly correct, but the question was''how do you know he actually applied for the job, '' Not the reasons YOU think BUT did he apply, I can tell you you ARE wrong.

Back on track to the topic, today 's Telegraph & Argus online article quotes Peter Hood, ex Bulls Chairman:

'He’s no stranger to scrapping at the foot of the table, famously keeping Wakefield in the top flight in 2006, and he’s no shrinking violet either.

“He knows how to motivate a dressing room but he’s also a thoughtful man and a proven technical coach.

“Furthermore, he’s proved he’ll bring the same focus and commitment to life in the Championship should that prove necessary.

“I’d be getting Kear on board for the rest of this year and next, with the promise that if relegation happens and he gets the club straight back into Super League, he’ll be guaranteed a contract extension.”

Looking like a two horse race between JK. & Jimmy Lowes for the Odsal job.

Back on track to the topic, today 's Telegraph & Argus online article quotes Peter Hood, ex Bulls Chairman:

'He’s no stranger to scrapping at the foot of the table, famously keeping Wakefield in the top flight in 2006, and he’s no shrinking violet either.

“He knows how to motivate a dressing room but he’s also a thoughtful man and a proven technical coach.

“Furthermore, he’s proved he’ll bring the same focus and commitment to life in the Championship should that prove necessary.

“I’d be getting Kear on board for the rest of this year and next, with the promise that if relegation happens and he gets the club straight back into Super League, he’ll be guaranteed a contract extension.”

Looking like a two horse race between JK. & Jimmy Lowes for the Odsal job.

According to the Press Newspaper Glenn Morrison of Dewsbury is also available. 

According to the Press Newspaper Glenn Morrison of Dewsbury is also available. 

Pretty sure Morrison just signed an extension at Dewsbury

The decision to stay or leave will be made by John, no amount of negative postings by a  frustrated forum member will influence him. He has given 100% to Batley and if he decides to leave he will do so with the best wishes of true Batley supporters. The team is developing and we will surprise a few teams towards the end of the campaign, therefore I believe he has unfinished business at the Mount and hopefully will stay.

Absolutely spot on BRT. It would be good to hear JKs version of events/ his intentions, via a club statement. It's all about communication!

This has been kicking around the public domain/press now for 5 days, with crucial games ahead for us. Surely it is in everybody's interest to kill it or move on

A club statement about what? If there's no story, there's no reason whatsoever for any press release. Kevin Nicholas is not Feisal Nahaboo.

A club statement about what? If there's no story, there's no reason whatsoever for any press release. Kevin Nicholas is not Feisal Nahaboo.

this! And imagine the reaction if the statement said JK had put in an application! What is happening now is just part of the game. Live with it.

I guess you have a point - supporters, volunteers,etc are bottom of the pile when it comes to information that can make or break a small club like ours. We just get on with it, with heads in the sand!

I guess you have a point - supporters, volunteers,etc are bottom of the pile when it comes to information that can make or break a small club like ours. We just get on with it, with heads in the sand!

What planet are you on, With JK having coached at top level, everytime there is a SL coach vacancy his name is always going to get bandied about ,so should the club have to issue a statement every time this happens? Its part and parcel of having a highly respected coach up at the mount. I'm sure JK will know what he is doing and all thoughts will be on tomorrows game rather than goings on at the Bulls and that the appropriate people know whats going on as in BOD and the players.

Just ask him after the game, he'll more than likely give you an honest answer.

Who has a point? I believe, and have posted this before, that we as a cohort of supporters are kept informed as much as any and often more than other club's supporters.

It clearly makes no sense for the club to comment on every rumour and half-truth that is placed in the media or mentioned by the bloke who we meet in the pub.

l wonder if you have an agenda here or perhaps an axe to grind against the club.

Perhaps you are the long lost stevieb who has disappeared since his rant after the Dewsbury game!

I've been one who has advocated that the club should make certain statements in the past about a number of things which have really been in the public domain, but I would also ay that if there is nothing to say, then they needn't be on here every two minutes telling us that there's nothing to say! We're now worrying about the Byron Smith transfer rumours - if they are true the club will make a statement when they feel it appropriate, just like they did last season when rumours were flying around about players leaving and coming in. Batley have always behaved like gentlemen when it comes to negotiations etc and will continue to do so. I also hope that John Kear stays, but should he be approached by The Bulls, then I am sure that the directors would give their blessing and their thanks to him for what he has done here. He has coached top flight before admittedly as a younger man and under a completely different type of game, but why shouldn't he take the opportunity to have another go? I'm sure John is keeping abreast of developments, but not letting it interfere with his job in hand, and with the upturn in our fortunes of late I'm sure he won't be too upset if he doesn't get the Odsal job.

Just to confirm that I am not stevie B or Battler, neither have I an axe to grind against the club I have supported and loved for many years . Having said all that, I have the same right to an opinion as some of you guys have.

Just to confirm that I am not stevie B or Battler, neither have I an axe to grind against the club I have supported and loved for many years . Having said all that, I have the same right to an opinion as some of you guys have.

l apologise then. However. Your 'head in the sand' comment appears to be unreasonably critical and suggestive of ignorance on the part of supporters.

Equally l cannot see anywhere on any post suggesting you are not entitled to an opinion.

Nah JK won't have applied for this position if he didn't apply for the Cas job...isnt that right colin ? :onthequiet:

Nah JK won't have applied for this position if he didn't apply for the Cas job...isnt that right colin ? :onthequiet:

What you post has no logic to it. You suggested that JK had applied for the Cas job based on what you would have done if you were JK. Colin put that argument to bed. Now you are suggesting that JK will not apply for the Bradford post because he did not apply for the aCas job! The two subjects are entirely unrelated surely other than in your fertile imagination.