Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chairman LMAO

18 posts in this topic

So, another one returns. Who will be next?

Welcome back Wayne, more options for JK and pressure on the shirt holder to keep up their level of performance.

So, another one returns. Who will be next?

Welcome back Wayne, more options for JK and pressure on the shirt holder to keep up their level of performance.

Think he might replace alex brown whose loan period from Leigh expires soon.

Think he might replace alex brown whose loan period from Leigh expires soon.

brown is week to week so its up to leigh if they ever wanna call him back

Returned the ball with ferocious intent but his defence seemed suspect

Not everybody's cup of tea as a winger as he isn't going to go 90 metres like Potts or Johnson. However fits in very well with the way we play with wingers taking the ball in from dummy half to give the forwards a rest. As much as Finnigan has vastly improved over the last month he isn't going to make 10-15 yards every carry like Rettie will. In the same way that Brown does and JC started to do last year. He's a very direct and strong runner and much better defensively now too in my opinion.

Plus with his hustle bustle style he excites the crowd at times.

Good signing for me

wayne always plays like he wants to win and not just take part so he will do for me,welcome back fella.

To quote John Kear "I will only bring in players who will improve the side and who are better than what we have already", so he clearly thinks a lot of Rettie.

He was pretty average when here first time round, although his aggressive style made him a bit of a cult hero with some fans, me included.

If he can harness his agression and channel it into a more positive direction, he will do a good job for us.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes on Sunday.

think it's a good signing for you. always plays well against dewsbury and fights for every yard.

He'll do for me, glad to see him back

To quote John Kear "I will only bring in players who will improve the side and who are better than what we have already", so he clearly thinks a lot of Rettie.

He was pretty average when here first time round, although his aggressive style made him a bit of a cult hero with some fans, me included.

If he can harness his agression and channel it into a more positive direction, he will do a good job for us.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes on Sunday.

another signing hope your not out with the begging buckets :onthequiet:

another signing hope your not out with the begging buckets :onthequiet:

Calm down. It's not like Reittie is Danny Brough, Brett Ferres or Eorl Crabtree.

Like it, we're suffering from a serious case of return to form right now, building up spirit and getting players on top of their game, Rettie was always up for it, hope he's reined in his aggressiveness and will use it in the right place. More concerned about the Smith affair, how come we're hearing all about it from Halifax fans and their site yet nobody's mentioning it from our club perspective, and when is it supposed to happen? Assume he will see out his contract this season?

Like it, we're suffering from a serious case of return to form right now, building up spirit and getting players on top of their game, Rettie was always up for it, hope he's reined in his aggressiveness and will use it in the right place. More concerned about the Smith affair, how come we're hearing all about it from Halifax fans and their site yet nobody's mentioning it from our club perspective, and when is it supposed to happen? Assume he will see out his contract this season?

Perhaps no-one's mentioning it from our club's perspective because there's nothing to mention?

God help the club if they are expected to make an announcement every time there is the slightest bit of unfounded message board gossip they are expected to comment. I prefer them to run the club in the way that the are. Releasing info as and when it's worth releasing.

As for the Smith rumour, he has been a great servant for the club but if he goes to Halifax or wherever I wish him well. He's done his best and if he moves on I'm sure we'll fill his shirt and hopeful a bigger sized one.

Wasn't he at fax before?