Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Basin

The run-in and the play-offs

183 posts in this topic

Swinton  (H)

Whitehaven (A) 

Crusaders (A)

Barrow (H)

Halifax (A)

Rochdale (H)

Batley (A)

Keighley (H)

Workington (A)

(after leigh!) every game is winnable and even as a minimum we're looking at another 16/17 points from the 27 still to play for. what's everyone's thoughts?

BSJ told us  we would end up with 47 points.  I doubt he will be wrong....

I agree Jason if we perform like yesterday every games winnable even the Leigh one but realisticly seven wins and a couple of bonus points would do me

Will be safe guys. We've got too much class in our team to get relegated eg Thackeray.

Looking at those games we should be fine. We won't get anything from Leigh but all of the other games should provide points.

We usually have terrible run ins and this is a change from that.

I agree Jason if we perform like yesterday every games winnable even the Leigh one but realisticly seven wins and a couple of bonus points would do me

:lol: you all know which one you won't get points in

I think the Batley fixture will be close and you might even be lucky enough to get a bonus point!

nice to hear from batley fans now they've put descent results together!!

like lazarus of old piggys has risen again . welcome back to planet earth piggys old friend . hopefully coolie will return soon following his electric shock therapy . 

Leigh ? ;)

To beat them at their place three times on the bounce would be a bit much.However if we had not had a player unfairly dismissed at our ground.We would have beaten them.who knows?

like lazarus of old piggys has risen again . welcome back to planet earth piggys old friend . hopefully coolie will return soon following his electric shock therapy .

The best thing about the Doggies poor run was the disappearance of Piggy. It's bad enough seeing them bounce back, but Piggy turning up again is rubbing salt in the wound...

What can I say Old Nick, yer a cheeky devil but when we whoop you at ours it will only get worse.

Based on last few games, I'm going to be bold and predict the following

Swinton (H). Win

Whitehaven (A) Bonus Point

Crusaders (A). Win

Barrow (H). Win

Halifax (A). Bonus point

Rochdale (H). Win

Batley (A). Win, bonus point to them

Keighley (H). Win

Workington (A). Lose

That will give us 52 points, which I think will secure 5th place

Based on last few games, I'm going to be bold and predict the following

Swinton (H). Win

Whitehaven (A) Bonus Point

Crusaders (A). Win

Barrow (H). Win

Halifax (A). Bonus point

Rochdale (H). Win

Batley (A). Win, bonus point to them

Keighley (H). Win

Workington (A). Lose

That will give us 52 points, which I think will secure 5th place

I reckon that you need to factor in a traditional Dewsbury cock up into your calculations.

Hello down there! Just thought I'd pop down and say hello. Agree with most of MR's post except for the obvious error :lol:

Hello down there! Just thought I'd pop down and say hello. Agree with most of MR's post except for the obvious error :lol:

Yep! That will be a tricky one.

Mind you Batley might be coming into that game on the back of five losses.

Yep! That will be a tricky one.

Mind you Batley might be coming into that game on the back of five losses.

Given our track record - so could we. ;)

I reckon that you need to factor in a traditional Dewsbury cock up into your calculations.

couldnt agree more....Boy its getting tight too.  If we dont keep performing as well as we can then the games against Whitehaven and then Workington could be massive.  The bottom four look set now, but that 5th from bottom place is going to go to the wire I reckon. 

Still think we are too good to go down, but we lack that bit of consistency that would help me sleep at night....If only we could play well against Sheffield...Everybody else taking points from them....

couldnt agree more....Boy its getting tight too.  If we dont keep performing as well as we can then the games against Whitehaven and then Workington could be massive.  The bottom four look set now, but that 5th from bottom place is going to go to the wire I reckon. 

Still think we are too good to go down, but we lack that bit of consistency that would help me sleep at night....If only we could play well against Sheffield...Everybody else taking points from them....

Even they must be sweating a bit at the moment!

BSJ told us  we would end up with 47 points.  I doubt he will be wrong....

34 now, 47 is still looking good.

:king:

Out of the current top 10 I would say that Batley have the toughest run in and the next 5 fixtures for them look a bit tricky. Worky, Fax, Sheff, Leigh and Fev. After that they still have Donny, Haven and Us. Swinton at home looks like the only banker. I would say that the current bottom 4 won't catch us or Batley but that 9th spot is going to be to the wire. 

positions 2 - 4 looks interesting as does 5 - 10. No easy games in this league, its who wants it ;)

Every team got points today. All matches were close. Donny are still there to be caught and Fev if they slip again. Leigh are home and hosed and I think Fax are starting to look good for second spot. Donny and Fev should be safe now from the drop, barring disasters, but the other six teams in the mix need to turn up every week otherwise it's squeaky bum time.