Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Basin

The run-in and the play-offs

183 posts in this topic

its possible we can win the last remaining games.Rather have our run in then the muts.

positions 2 - 4 looks interesting as does 5 - 10. No easy games in this league, its who wants it ;)

I'm glad Dewsbury don't have the run in that Batley have. 

I'm glad Dewsbury don't have the run in that Batley have.

Hi Eddie. I agree in principle, but looking at our games so far we are as likely to pick up points against the big guns as we are those below us and, more importantly, vice versa....

It is fascinating . At town we have Rochdale , Barrow and Haven at home and have Crusaders away . You guys are the final game up here ! So we've got our toughest spell over and have beat Fev and Batley and took bps of Leigh , fax and Sheffield . We have increasing confidence and are playing really well , so it really is a dogfight ... Could Sheffield get relegated ???

It is fascinating . At town we have Rochdale , Barrow and Haven at home and have Crusaders away . You guys are the final game up here ! So we've got our toughest spell over and have beat Fev and Batley and took bps of Leigh , fax and Sheffield . We have increasing confidence and are playing really well , so it really is a dogfight ... Could Sheffield get relegated ???

Hopefully! As we never seem to be able to beat them.

Snap ... Let's try combined will , Derren Brown style !

How much do we get if we managed 4th spot.. 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th ... Maybe one for blind side jonny this ??? I know the main thing is to stay up but 4th spot isn't totally out of our site just yet and I'd imagine the gap between 4th and 5th will be quite abit more in terms of prize money?

How much do we get if we managed 4th spot.. 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th ... Maybe one for blind side jonny this ??? I know the main thing is to stay up but 4th spot isn't totally out of our site just yet and I'd imagine the gap between 4th and 5th will be quite abit more in terms of prize money?

I think if you get 4th it's something like £350k dropping down to 50k for 9th so there's something to play right through until end of season!!

When I was talking to Mark at beginning of season he said they were looking to 're-launch the 2nd team depending how this season went because it would cost at least 25k!! The higher you finish the more prize money you get

Would also depend on what fixtures were available though wouldn't it. Seems many clubs see a reserve side as a cash drain, and would prefer to rely on DR/loans. How many champ clubs are running a reserve side at the moment ? How about a small comp in which championship teams pair up. Rams/dogs, Hawks/York, Swinton/Rochdale etc, so running costs would be halved. I know we had an arrangement with the dogs in the nineties, but it could work with others. Just a thought.

I believe that the structure is:

1st   500K

2nd  450K

3rd   200K

4th   200K

5th   175K

6th   175K

7th   150K

8th   150K

9th   150K

10 14th 150K

KPC1  90K

If anyone can correct these I would be grateful.

1st 500K

2nd 450K

3rd 200K

4th 200K

5th 175K

6th 175K

7th 150K

8th 150K

9th 150K

10 14th 150K

KPC1 90K

That was my understanding as well

Returning to the thread (although I would like to see BSJ's idea of a normal 'A' team back again):

on paper I see only Halifax as a defeat with perhaps Batley as a maybe. In reality who knows? This coming Sunday at the Rec. might be a stumbling block, along with Workington, but that's the final game of the season and I imagine everything will have slotted into place (for us at least) by then.

Let's go for a final points total of 53.

Returning to the thread (although I would like to see BSJ's idea of a normal 'A' team back again):

on paper I see only Halifax as a defeat with perhaps Batley as a maybe. In reality who knows? This coming Sunday at the Rec. might be a stumbling block, along with Workington, but that's the final game of the season and I imagine everything will have slotted into place (for us at least) by then.

Have you been drinking again?

:drinks:

That's in its own thread here.

Have you been drinking again?

:drinks:

Not at that time, but I have shince (hic).

1st   500K

2nd  450K

3rd   200K

4th   200K

5th   175K

6th   175K

7th   150K

8th   150K

9th   150K

10 14th 150K

KPC1  90K

I think the totals are almost correct.   Bear in mind the amounts are for the 2015 season based on finishing positions this season.

1st - £550k

2nd - £500k

3rd - £250k

4th - £200k

5th - £175k

6th - £175k

7th - 9th - £150k

10th - 14th - £75k plus a one off payment of £25k for this year only after that the relegated team would only get the £75k

Champions of Champ1 - £150k

I think the totals are almost correct.   Bear in mind the amounts are for the 2015 season based on finishing positions this season.

1st - £550k

2nd - £500k

3rd - £250k

4th - £200k

5th - £175k

6th - £175k

7th - 9th - £150k

10th - 14th - £75k plus a one off payment of £25k for this year only after that the relegated team would only get the £75k

Champions of Champ1 - £150k

Thanks. I was struggling to find the precise details with the RFL site being less than helpful.

As you say these payments are for 2015 and there are, as yet, no indications as to what they will be in 2016. What is clear is that the two relegated clubs from SL will get in excess of £750K. That's a playing field as level as Mount Pleasant.

Based on last few games, I'm going to be bold and predict the following

Swinton (H). Win

Whitehaven (A) Bonus Point

Crusaders (A). Win

Barrow (H). Win

Halifax (A). Bonus point

Rochdale (H). Win

Batley (A). Win, bonus point to them

Keighley (H). Win

Workington (A). Lose

That will give us 52 points, which I think will secure 5th place

Unfortunately my prediction for today was correct. Hope I get the rest of the right too, as it's getting very tight in mid table. We must try and keep all the squad fit, as rotating some players to keep them at their peak is crucial. Spicer required sooner rather than later IMO

The next four games are pivotal I reckon.

North Wales are beatable but we are also unpredictable.

We should never lose to Barrow given the paucity of their squad and the quality of ours.

Anything from the 'Fax game would be a bonus to be honest.

If we can remain relatively injury free then a professional performance would be all that is needed to beat Rochdale.

Seven points from those would make us comfortable and nine would induce sufficient relaxation for occasional bursts of laughter to break out in the South Stand.

Swinton  (H) - 3 points

Whitehaven (A) - 1 point

Crusaders (A)

Barrow (H)

Halifax (A)

Rochdale (H)

Batley (A)

Keighley (H)

Workington (A)

The next four games are pivotal I reckon.

North Wales are beatable but we are also unpredictable.

We should never lose to Barrow given the paucity of their squad and the quality of ours.

Anything from the 'Fax game would be a bonus to be honest.

If we can remain relatively injury free then a professional performance would be all that is needed to beat Rochdale.

Seven points from those would make us comfortable and nine would induce sufficient relaxation for occasional bursts of laughter to break out in the South Stand.

Hey BSJ. Not sure I can agree ...for the second time in memory. The way things are going I believe nine are needed to make us comfortable and 12 might, just might induce the occasional burst of laughter.... 

Three points on Sunday would be a good start, but no idea whether our winning or mistake ridden team is turning up...

It's not really been a league for predicting ! They'll be a few twists n turns yet as well . It's been an entertaining, hard , and ever more competitive league this year as some of the 'old' forces come back to the pack a bit , and other teams improve ... So naturally you rip it up and get rid of it . Good old RFL

Swinton  (H) - 3 points

Whitehaven (A) - 1 point

Crusaders (A) - 3 points

Barrow (H)

Halifax (A)

Rochdale (H)

Batley (A)

Keighley (H)

Workington (A)

Swinton  (H) - 3 points

Whitehaven (A) - 1 point

Crusaders (A) - 3 points

Barrow (H)

Halifax (A)

Rochdale (H)

Batley (A)

Keighley (H)

Workington (A)

The last three games all against teams that will be in the mix.  Should be fascinating....With luck we could send our bestest friends down....

The last three games all against teams that will be in the mix.  Should be fascinating....With luck we could send our bestest friends down....

Not sure we want to lose our most lucrative fixture Nick, wouldn't be the same without them - hope they escape - JUST (not at our expense though).