Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Basin

The run-in and the play-offs

183 posts in this topic

Same. Much rather play batley than keighley. I reckon batleys run in though is the toughest out of all the teams from 5th to 10th and can in all honesty see them getting relegated. Hope I'm wrong though but batleys run in is tough

Same. Much rather play batley than keighley. I reckon batleys run in though is the toughest out of all the teams from 5th to 10th and can in all honesty see them getting relegated. Hope I'm wrong though but batleys run in is tough. Sheffield have an easier run in as do Workington and Whitehaven. Only side who could go down instead are keighley. Keighley or batley will be fighting for the 9th spot from looking at the remaining matches.

Same. Much rather play batley than keighley. I reckon batleys run in though is the toughest out of all the teams from 5th to 10th and can in all honesty see them getting relegated. Hope I'm wrong though but batleys run in is tough. Sheffield have an easier run in as do Workington and Whitehaven. Only side who could go down instead are keighley. Keighley or batley will be fighting for the 9th spot from looking at the remaining matches.

Would rather play Hemel than the Doggies....

I suspect we will help them out by loosing at Mount Unpleasant, but get em relegated....Would love it....

That said I think they'll beat Sheffield..Much better record aganist them than we do

I agree about Batleys run in. Very tough and I can see them going down.

Yes, it would be funny, but we need them in our league for our own benefit.

Pragmatically we need Batley in the same league, provided that they finish below us on a more consistent basis. Any pleasure that some would gain from seeing them struggle must be tempered by the loss of two derby matches every season, each of which offers much more in terms of tension and anticipation than any other league game.

If they weren't in our league then we couldn't enjoy beating them (or vice versa) now could we?

Keighley or Whitehaven must be the favourites for the drop and injuries have a massive part to play at this stage of the season.

Pragmatically we need Batley in the same league, provided that they finish below us on a more consistent basis. Any pleasure that some would gain from seeing them struggle must be tempered by the loss of two derby matches every season, each of which offers much more in terms of tension and anticipation than any other league game.

If they weren't in our league then we couldn't enjoy beating them (or vice versa) now could we?

Keighley or Whitehaven must be the favourites for the drop and injuries have a massive part to play at this stage of the season.

Batley have loads of injuries and I hear that they need to bring in a few players before tomorrow's deadline!

I hope Batley stay up, always a good game and one of our better crowds of the season.

Would be a sad loss to lose 2 Derby matches

But be positive

We would gain a friendly ;)

See not all bad news is it :))

Would be a sad loss to lose 2 Derby matches

But be positive

We would gain a friendly ;)

See not all bad news is it :))

I seem to be alone, but nothing would give me greater pleasure than us staying up and the Doggies going down....Bring it on...  

we might even loose Piggie form the forum for a year...

It's the fact we lose 2 big derbys, a big crowd at the rams. 2k v batley at home is better than 800 v keighley haven or worky at home?? Plus bragging rights and all that. Plus batley could struggle to survive in champ 1, not sure they could survive as a club if relegation happend. We've been there and done it, and tbh got decent crowds coming back up due to the cheap season tickets but it's a league with pretty much zero away support. Not the greatest league financially

I seem to be alone, but nothing would give me greater pleasure than us staying up and the Doggies going down....Bring it on...  

deffo no singing at Workington then. lol

It's the fact we lose 2 big derbys, a big crowd at the rams. 2k v batley at home is better than 800 v keighley haven or worky at home?? Plus bragging rights and all that. Plus batley could struggle to survive in champ 1, not sure they could survive as a club if relegation happend. We've been there and done it, and tbh got decent crowds coming back up due to the cheap season tickets but it's a league with pretty much zero away support. Not the greatest league financially

However many times I read it

I still find it appealing for Batley ;)

Well we would lose Bradford

So maybe Batley could become our feeder team... Could help them out running our excess players in their team instead of a "A team"

And we can all go watch and chat about how fantastic oulton was, how brilliant Tomlinson was,how outstanding storey was

And how much we'll miss Batley

And in the other 9 minutes of the halftime interval can smile and be thankful it wasn't us

;)

:lol: you know that ain't going to happen Old Nick. All I'd do is come on here every week spouting how great Batley is going unbeaten in such a tough division and laugh at the hammering you'll get every week ;)

:lol: you know that ain't going to happen Old Nick. All I'd do is come on here every week spouting how great Batley is going unbeaten in such a tough division and laugh at the hammering you'll get every week ;)

Careful what you wish for

You might just get it

Fingers crossed

;)

As predicted by many people this league is starting to look very interesting (as the Chinese might say) and fingernails must be being consumed in many households. The struggle to avoid that dreaded 10th spot is intense and I'm sure a few predictions might now be being revised.

I still feel that 47 is realistic for us, although BP's might play their part but I also feel that this would omly secure 8th or 9th place. It would be quite worrying for us if the Workington match, as well as others on that same day, was critical to our survival in this division.

Who will stay up; who will succumb?

Was looking at Keighley for the drop before today but now changed that thought to Haven. Think we will be secure before the final game. We're probably 6 points from security and that could be in the bag within the fortnight. Next week is a massive game, win it and we can start to plan for the play offs I believe. Not a fabulous performance today but still won by a good margin. Spicer was outstanding in defence.

It's frightening that 44 or 45 might get relegated . How is that a bad season ! Very very cruel . Five down in a fourteen team league is ridiculous.

i1z6fa.jpg

Swinton  (H) - 3 points

Whitehaven (A) - 1 point

Crusaders (A) - 3 points

Barrow (H) 3 points

Halifax (A)

Rochdale (H)

Batley (A)

Keighley (H)

Workington (A)

Can only see 4 points out of the next five games for your lot. Say hello to Coventry for us will you.

4 points will be enough to keep us in front of the Dogs so why do we need to worry?

Can only see 4 points out of the next five games for your lot. Say hello to Coventry for us will you.

You think we'll only manage a bonus point against Rochdale ? :O

These are are the last 5 fixtures or in Sheffield's case 6, Us 5th 41pts,Halifax(a)Rochdale(h)Batley(a)Keighley(h)workington(a). Batley 6th 38pts, leigh(h)Whitehaven(a)Rams(h)Swinton(h)Doncaster(a) Workington 7th 38pts, Whitehaven(h)Doncaster(a)Barrow(h)Leigh(a)Rams(h) Sheffield 8th 36pts, Doncaster(a)Swinton(h)Whitehaven(h)Rochdale(h)Featherstone(a)Rochdale(a) Keighley 9th 35pts Swinton(a)Barrow(a)NWC(h)Rams(a)Featherstone(h) Whitehaven 10th 34pts, Workington(a)Batley(h)Sheffield(a)Rochdale(h)Swinton(a)

These are are the last 5 fixtures or in Sheffield's case 6, Us 5th 41pts,Halifax(a)Rochdale(h)Batley(a)Keighley(h)workington(a). Batley 6th 38pts, leigh(h)Whitehaven(a)Rams(h)Swinton(h)Doncaster(a) Workington 7th 38pts, Whitehaven(h)Doncaster(a)Barrow(h)Leigh(a)Rams(h) Sheffield 8th 36pts, Doncaster(a)Swinton(h)Whitehaven(h)Rochdale(h)Featherstone(a)Rochdale(a) Keighley 9th 35pts Swinton(a)Barrow(a)NWC(h)Rams(a)Featherstone(h) Whitehaven 10th 34pts, Workington(a)Batley(h)Sheffield(a)Rochdale(h)Swinton(a)

Going to the wire then....

The doggies appear to have the hardest run in, but who can tell? They just turned over the Eagles, albeit with the Giants second team...

The doggies appear to have the hardest run in, but who can tell? They just turned over the Eagles, albeit with the Giants second team...

It's really hard to predict isn't it? We've just lost Aizue which is a blow but it looks as if Batley have lost Black who had made a massive difference since returning from injury.

I still fancy Whitehaven for the drop but wouldn't even put PM's money on it, never mind my own.

that may very well be true, both of them!!! However at least we are only using DR when we have no one else, unlike some clubs that discard their own players while continuing to use DR players!