Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Basin

The run-in and the play-offs

183 posts in this topic

How do you work that out. either way it looks likely to be Keighley or Workington at home imo

I think we will just hold off Sheffield to finish 5th, but either way we "should" be able to beat either of these at home so maybe it doesnt matter that much if we finish 5th /6th.  Main thing is NOT playing Sheffield..which would seem highly unlikely

The format has change then since the beginning of the season, not a surprise.

I think we will finish 6th - put my house on it (don't own one).

The format has change then since the beginning of the season, not a surprise.

I think we will finish 6th - put my house on it (don't own one).

Errm, no it hasn't. It's probably changed from the one that a mate of yours told you it was, however.

:onthequiet:

It looks like it will be town away to the rams I would say. I think well be a much harder team to beat than keighley or haven but our small squad looks a little tired. I fancy us to beat you up at derwent park on the last game of the season and the rams to avenge it in the play off game. Either way I couldn't give two hoots about the playoffs, were safe and that's all I care about and some of that's down to you's beating batley. So cheers for that.

Swinton (H) - 3 points
Whitehaven (A) - 1 point
Crusaders (A) - 3 points
Barrow (H) - 3 points

Halifax (A) - 1 point

Rochdale (H) - 3 points
Batley (A) - 3 points
Keighley (H) - 3 points
Workington (A)

table.jpg

Dewsbury

Workington (A)

Sheffield
Rochdale (A)

Workington
Dewsbury (H)

Keighley
Featherstone (H)

Whitehaven
Swinton (A)

Batley
Doncaster (A)

There's no S in Dewsbury

What on earth do they

Learn you at primary school

Are you doing text speak

When you go back after the holidays young man ;)

You also missed the following letters out of batley

H.T.I.S.

You can put them in a applicable order

Might be a idea for a competition

;)

That 10th spot could come down to points difference. Real squeaky bum time!!

That 10th spot could come down to points difference. Real squeaky bum time!!

Luckily Doncaster now have quite a lot to play for.  Worth a few more bob that second spot....Come on you Dons....

Last match of the season coming up and unless there is a major shock guaranteed a home match.Considering the injuries we suffered to key players been a good  season so far lets hope we can do a decent play off run.Although when you look at our form against the so called top guns.Apart from Leigh and that was due to the very nice gentleman in the middle,Once we get a ruthless streak and treat the bottom four like the top,we should be alright.QUESTION does the winner of our match which i think is 6 v 7.Do we play the losers of 4 v 1 or 2 v 3

I actualy believe we've an outside chance of making the grandfinal.. 6th v 7th so likely to play Workington at home first up . We certainly don't fear anybody, not even Leigh as wev proved. Wane Godwin makali auizue and Ewan dowes to return for playoffs too. Hope we rest thacks Grady and prycey at Workington for Buchanan sherriff and schofield

Win our playoff home match and wel most likely play Halifax fev or donny away in next match away from home for the chance to play Leigh at Leigh for a place in grandfinal

Win our playoff home match and wel most likely play Halifax fev or donny away in next match away from home for the chance to play Leigh at Leigh for a place in grandfinal

Lets hope its Donny.  We seem to be to them what Sheffield are to us...

Easy peasy then :lol:

I actualy believe we've an outside chance of making the grandfinal.. 6th v 7th so likely to play Workington at home first up . We certainly don't fear anybody, not even Leigh as wev proved. Wane Godwin makali auizue and Ewan dowes to return for playoffs too. Hope we rest thacks Grady and prycey at Workington for Buchanan sherriff and schofield

Would you like a bet chris

No chance of the final

Away from nowhere near good enough

Excluding Doncaster we didn't beat away any of the top 5..

Yeah might have run them close

But knockout rugby is a different game..and we don't have the consistency of a grand final team

I'll have £20 with you

And I'll say we won't make the finals

Up too you mate ;)

Here's what I expect. If on Sunday, we lose to Workington, donny beat batley and fev beat keighley away we meet Workington at home in playoffs. If we beat Workington at home in first round of playoffs, would you fancy us to beat donny away coolie because that's likely who we will meet if results go to form and donny lose to fev in there playoff at post office road. If we then beat Doncaster away it's a trip to Leigh for a place in the grandfinal( presuming they beat Halifax at home in there first playoff match). If we somehow beat Leigh away then it's a final appearance at headingley against Sheffield Halifax or fev. The Leigh away match is the hurdle if results go to form but having seen us play the top 4 home and away I honestly believe wev an outside chance

And If my grandma would have had testicle's

She would have been my grandad

One thing only matters Sunday

Doncaster winning by more that 12 points ;)

Here's what I expect. If on Sunday, we lose to Workington, donny beat batley and fev beat keighley away we meet Workington at home in playoffs. If we beat Workington at home in first round of playoffs, would you fancy us to beat donny away coolie because that's likely who we will meet if results go to form and donny lose to fev in there playoff at post office road. If we then beat Doncaster away it's a trip to Leigh for a place in the grandfinal( presuming they beat Halifax at home in there first playoff match). If we somehow beat Leigh away then it's a final appearance at headingley against Sheffield Halifax or fev. The Leigh away match is the hurdle if results go to form but having seen us play the top 4 home and away I honestly believe wev an outside chance

Chris there was 6 IF'S in that little outburst

Let me use the same amount of

"IF'S"

If (1) I was bill Gates love child I would be worth billions of pounds, if (2) I was a international playboy I would have gorgeous women you only fantasise about hanging on my arm.if (3) I was called buck rogers I could fly around the galaxy shooting aliens.if(4) I had long hair I would have dreadlocks.if (5) batley was on fire..I still wouldn't pizz on them.if (6) the biggest word in the dictionary

;)

why not be optimistic coolie? i also think we,ve a decent chance! on our day we can beat any1 in this league. in my opinion we,ve been unlucky against leigh twice once referee spoilt it by sending matt haggerty off when we were 8-0 up at half time and away when dale morton knocked on from kick off when 24-24 with 2mins t go

Well the £20 is on the table for you too

Don't confuse optimism with realism

One may not happen

The other

Will not happen ;)