Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DemonUK

Nahaboo

253 posts in this topic

The major problem would be that as leaseholder the club would have a whole range of obligations towards the upkeep of all properties, and that the money from such leases generally isn't that much. I honestly thought lease-holdings were much more common in central london on properties built on the price of Wales or Duke of Gloucester's land with 100 year renerwable leases to home owners. It's an archairc system which more or less works there, but Im sceptical how the club would make that work for new-build property in Fev.

Selling without planning on land that emminently could have planning would be a very poor piece of business, but again I don't really see how or why the club would particularly decide to do that now.

If the land really is worth 15 million and planning is easy peasy, why don't we sell? No need of outside investment. Take a look at the club's accounts. These are certified annually updated documents listing the club's assets. Whilst I appreciate the huge difference in value between brownbelt and urban land, surely the accounts would reflect this potential value to some extent. The accounts show that the club and all it owns really isn't worth that much money at all.

There are also around 400,000 pounds worth of the original share issue of the club left unsold.  Room for manouvre in terms of who controls power if there really is money to be made by someone.

Sorry Mark didn't reply fully. With regard to Leasehold I was meaning leasing it to b uliders, not tenants. THEY would have responsibility for any buildings they put up. It all depends on the terms of the lease. Returns for leased land can be very lucrative. With regard to the other points it is all down to what the 'A' shareholders wish when answering the boards proposals. Something is happening, we may well find out next Wednesday. Cheers.

Sorry Mark didn't reply fully. With regard to Leasehold I was meaning leasing it to b uliders, not tenants. THEY would have responsibility for any buildings they put up. It all depends on the terms of the lease. Returns for leased land can be very lucrative. With regard to the other points it is all down to what the 'A' shareholders wish when answering the boards proposals. Something is happening, we may well find out next Wednesday. Cheers.

Your other point was covered earlier. The value of the land as it stands now is not reflected in the accounts.

Much as I can't get enough of lease holders, land, profits, returns and b stakeholders on a Rugby forum there is a feeling deep in my urethra that the talk may be academic, shame really as it is really stimulating.

Your other point was covered earlier. The value of the land as it stands now is not reflected in the accounts.

Well, the value of the land IS reflected in the accounts. Its real value today. What's not reflected is its potential value in the future if it was reclassified. It would be an astonishing jump to anywhere near 15m.

Now Im confused. What is your plan? Lease the land to a construction company? Surely you're talking about the club becoming a property developer? If the club retains leasehold on the land, when the construction company sells the houses to the public, it is the club that is then resposnible for upkeep and maintenance, not the constructor. There are big companies dedicated solely to this type of thing, and is far from a simple sideline for a rugby club to run, regardless of the possible income. Leasehold properties are of course much less attractive than freehold for the buying public.

Or are you suggesting the club pays for all the houses to be built then rents them out? Massive unworkable task.

If, and it's still a huge if for me, the land can be reclassified as buildable, get that done and get it sold to the highest bidder, using the income to safeguard the medium/long term future of the club.

My apologies for the poor typing. Still recovering from the eye op.

Colin 2 points here and both are serious points not meant at all to be flippant;

1) You apologised for poor typing. I for one wish that my written english was half as good as yours. I know your one of the senior custodians now but it shows how much education was better when you were at school.

2) I am with you, with the caution and think that you have been very prophetic from the outset.

Obviously You knew my mam and dad, one thing my dad said was when it comes to financial matters Colin is the shrewdest, so I'm going with you.

Regards AV.

Thanks Andrew,

On another posting it says FN has gone. This leaves us with contracts and debts. The board majority was made up of 'investors',. Are we now going to be told that the investment money will not now be continued and our only avenue of escape is to sell the the land at a discount? Time will tell but we are now in the mire. These guys are anonymous so their intent is for profit only, then b ack to QATAR. I was told last season in no uncertain terms to SHUT UP when I mooted this question. We will probably get some answers on Wednesday but it is looking messy.

People on here need to start supporting the team and let the people in charge run the club

We will know on Wednesday but one thing that will probably get repeated is that they are not after the land like has been said on many occasions and it will sit there making no money like it has done for years ( Good Business )

Think we should go back 7 -8 years drop a league let the people investing leave then a lot of supporters will stop turning up like they do and there will be less stories made up about what's happening at Fev Normally I say roll on Sunday but I will be more happy when it's Thursday as all this rubbish might stop and people will get bsck to supporting the club like they should do

If it's true, I think we can all be releived that FN has gone. Things were just not being done right. I think Mark Campbell enjoys the faith and support of many fans for what he's done, and if the club's future is in his hands, then we can work it out and move forward. Up the Rovers.

If it's true, I think we can all be releived that FN has gone. Things were just not being done right. I think Mark Campbell enjoys the faith and support of many fans for what he's done, and if the club's future is in his hands, then we can work it out and move forward. Up the Rovers.

I have kept my counsel on this but am so relieved if this news is true. It has to be better that this sorry episode ends now and not in 2 years time with Rovers in massive debt and 3 coaches down the line. Please, draw a line in the sand, remember what fantastic work we were doing 12-18 months ago and continue with that full steam ahead. If it takes a little bit longer to be pushing towards the very top then so be it. What has happened recently was not the club many of us recognise and love.

you lot had been doing excellent without him in the last few years so wouldn,t worry too much about it

It will take alot longer now. You need money men at a club to be in S/L If we don't get them in we will not get there

Nahaboo has left Fev, confirmed on his own twitter account.

Will Craig Poskitt be next to leave ?

Will Craig Poskitt be next to leave ?

He has gone today Just hope people know what they are doing

Lets get back to being FEATHERSTONE ROVERS;

totally agree Phil,I think you've lost your identity this last few weeks since that guy came in promising this that & the other,you've worked hard to get to were you are,yes you maybe made a mistake appointing Bastian as head coach!! I'm a rams fan but also a rugby fan so to see a bloke who knows Jack about the game come in & tear the club apart is a shame,but your lucky you've got Mark Campbell at the helm who's done a cracking job,anyway good luck today & rest of season

totally agree Phil,I think you've lost your identity this last few weeks since that guy came in promising this that & the other,you've worked hard to get to were you are,yes you maybe made a mistake appointing Bastian as head coach!! I'm a rams fan but also a rugby fan so to see a bloke who knows Jack ###### about the game come in & tear the club apart is a shame,but your lucky you've got Mark Campbell at the helm who's done a cracking job,anyway good luck today & rest of season

Thanks Graham and a big thank you to Mark Campbell for keeping the wolfs away, we was doing well before the false promises and the paper money came in and we still will move forward and upward.come on the lads.our ground our team our fev 

Lets get back to being FEATHERSTONE ROVERS;

Hear,hear Phil. I say, lets now forget about SL for the immediate future, get the club straightened out and back on an even keel. I believe that with all the unrest and upheaval, we can almost certainly write this season off. We have been suckered in with promises, promises. Having spoken to officials of another club, not a million miles away,everyone is questioning the situation and we are obviously becoming a laughing stock.

They quote," how can a club scoop players from a club and then within a few weeks shuffle them all back?" and what a great time for Faisal to announce his departure, just prior to a game.. 

He has gone today Just hope people know what they are doing

Bradford, Wakefield, Broncos, the worlds his oyster.

Im glad they have gone! We have never been the same since they came here! AND JAMES COLIN WAS RIGHT! Good old Mark Campbell is now majority shareholder. Rovers is back in our control now GOOD!

We were doing alright until FN and CP came along. Look what happened to cas when they were there. Exactly.

COME ON ROVERS!

Has MC bought FN shares back then because if not he is still major share holder

Hear,hear Phil. I say, lets now forget about SL for the immediate future, get the club straightened out and back on an even keel. I believe that with all the unrest and upheaval, we can almost certainly write this season off. We have been suckered in with promises, promises. Having spoken to officials of another club, not a million miles away,everyone is questioning the situation and we are obviously becoming a laughing stock.

They quote," how can a club scoop players from a club and then within a few weeks shuffle them all back?" and what a great time for Faisal to announce his departure, just prior to a game.. 

Think this will be good for Fev TBH...........let Mr Campbell sort the club out from top to bottom and get your club back to its best - seemed a bit silly to me bringing players in mid season as I`m sure (could be wrong) that loan/DR players have to have played at least 50% of games or cant be used in play-off games.

Good luck for rest of season (except when you play the Leythers that is).

Jay