Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defender1

Height of Summer Rugby?

409 posts in this topic

The RFL advertise that we have 250,000 people playing the game where are they?

No they didn't. 

almost 250,000 people currently involved as players, coaches, match officials or volunteers

That includes everyone who sells programmes on the gate, does a raffle or brings the water - they are all volunteers. There are 5-10 of these in many clubs.

I will answer your earlier post Defender1, but am supposed to be working :)

almost 250,000 people currently involved as players, coaches, match officials or volunteers

That includes everyone who sells programmes on the gate, does a raffle or brings the water - they are all volunteers. There are 5-10 of these in many clubs.

Sorry on the rolling caption it says 250,000 "playing rugby league" further down the same page it says as you say, which one is right you cannot have it both ways, their post not mine

Sorry on the rolling caption it says 250,000 "playing rugby league" further down the same page it says as you say, which one is right you cannot have it both ways, their post not mine

You are correct, someone has incorrectly paraphrased the truth to provide a better stat. Not the world's biggest crime to be fair but certainly there are nowhere near 250K players so they should remove that

You are correct, someone has incorrectly paraphrased the truth to provide a better stat. Not the world's biggest crime to be fair but certainly there are nowhere near 250K players so they should remove that

Thanks NEC that's all I was saying, and asking the question if there are this amount of players playing the game please tell us the break down of where they are, we all know there are not this amount of people playing especially in competitive leagues hence the amount of games called off, if we had 250,000 that would be fantastic!

Thanks NEC that's all I was saying, and asking the question if there are this amount of players playing the game please tell us the break down of where they are, we all know there are not this amount of people playing especially in competitive leagues hence the amount of games called off, if we had 250,000 that would be fantastic!

I would imagine it would be an all-time high for the sport as well

I bet most clubs have 3 at the most running around and many are run by a one man band fact.

I bet most clubs have 3 at the most running around and many are run by a one man band fact.

If you add up all the non-playing personnel that get involved on a matchday at most clubs (including juniors, school sides) then add on the people washing kit etc I'd imagine 250K is about right