Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Coates

Leigh 30 Dewsbury 22 - discussion, video highlights

87 posts in this topic

We were immense today, everyone. Should've and could've got more but they have a fantastic kicking game resulting in 3 tries.

I can only remember one try not being in the corner which says a lot for our defense. Thought the one near the end from Penky was forward too.

Hope Morton does feel too bad as his mistakes lead to final 2 tries but up to that point was fantastic. Thought MadMorros got the team and tactics spot on today.

Brown, Spicer, Wagga, Grayston and Schofield all there cheering the boys on.

A lot of Leigh fans commented that we are best team they've played at LSV this season. Little consolation but well done boys, you should be proud.

Bring in Swinton, start if a run of winnable games

A great BP by the sounds of it.

Well done to the coaching staff and all of the players.

Indeed. I got a bit greedy at 22 all, but would have taken this score at 3pm. Wel done all. Just need to keep our concentration for Friday.....

A very good performance from your lads today and could quite easily have gone either way...

Karl Pryce could've/ should've been a world beater but looking at the effort and tenacity put in from your other players I wouldn't have anywhere near the 1st team. Now I know that's only based on todays performance but he just seems disinterested.

Good luck fot the rest of the season.

glad i went today good performance ive seen leigh twice now against us and honestly dont think thers much between us! well done boys

Well a tough game that could have gone either way, such a pity so few of you bothered to make the journey as your boys deserved a better backing away from home and performing with such guts. Your chairman is a credit to RL

Good luck for the rest of the season and another 3 for us

I was congratulated after they game by a number of Leigh supporters who thought we were the best visiting team to go to LSV and didn't deserve to lose. That's true we didn't and had Morton collected safely, the kick return after our last try, I am sure they would not have scored again. Unfortunately Morton spilled the ball and they scored from the resultant scrum and he then had the ball taken as he collected a kick.

Grady's first try was from a mistake from Leigh with their fast passing coming adrift and he raced unopposed for around 50 metres for the try. Hale's try was also scored on their left flank and nobody was going to catch him either from about 30 out. When Morton scored on their right flank, there was nobody near him either. He just collected and dived over. I hadn't a clue how, or who scored our last try until I heard it on a Radio Leeds feed because the PA at Leigh is as bad as Batley's was!

Leigh of course had a player sin-binned again. Someone should inform them that it's not obligatory for this to happen.

I went this afternoon expecting (as per my prediction) to be on the end of a trouncing. I came away disappointed that we hadn't won, but not disappointed with the lads' performance; in fact I was delighted and no complaints about Joe Cobb's refereeing either.

I was congratulated after they game by a number of Leigh supporters who thought we were the best visiting team to go to LSV and didn't deserve to lose. That's true we didn't and had Morton collected safely, the kick return after our last try, I am sure they would not have scored again. Unfortunately Morton spilled the ball and they scored from the resultant scrum and he then had the ball taken as he collected a kick.

Grady's first try was from a mistake from Leigh with their fast passing coming adrift and he raced unopposed for around 50 metres for the try. Hale's try was also scored on their left flank and nobody was going to catch him either from about 30 out. When Morton scored on their right flank, there was nobody near him either. He just collected and dived over. I hadn't a clue how, or who scored our last try until I heard it on a Radio Leeds feed because the PA at Leigh is as bad as Batley's was!

Leigh of course had a player sin-binned again. Someone should inform them that it's not obligatory for this to happen.

I went this afternoon expecting (as per my prediction) to be on the end of a trouncing. I came away disappointment that we hadn't won, but not disappointed with the lads' performance; in fact I was delighted and no complaints about Joe Cobb's refereeing either.

You were doing quite well until the 'Leigh of course had a a player sin-binned' ... Did you not benefit from the player advantage?... The offence which rightly deserved a SB for obstruction was awarded but the 'obligatory' remark is infantile!

You were doing quite well until the 'Leigh of course had a a player sin-binned' ... Did you not benefit from the player advantage?... The offence which rightly deserved a SB for obstruction was awarded but the 'obligatory' remark is infantile!

There you go Crown Flatter - a Leigh fan telling you how to behave on forums.

Whatever next?

:angel:

Footage here guys:

Well done the Rams - to get a BP from an unbeaten and potential SL team is arguably our best performance to date. Can't believe we didn't get the ball down for the first disallowed try - we really should have gone in there. Now the lads just have to remember that that performance doesn't mean that the rest of the games will be a formality - no gimme's in this division. Hope we can hang on to Briggs - he is starting to look an excellent acquisition. Grady starting to look like Keith Senior in more ways than one. ;)

Grady looks a class act and could be difficult to hang-on to for next season.

Really hoping we can keep hold of Grady and Briggs for 2015, might be one or two teams looking at Grady already

we played really well.

their first two tries came from very well executed kicks that any side would have struggled to defend against, and a third try from a kick should have probably been palmed dead by dale - but he backed himself to catch it. he also backed himself to catch the kick-off following our equalising score and back-pedalled some distance to try and reach it, when briggs was probably in a better position. nobody to be blamed really and it's good that dale's confident. aside from those two errors he had a great game so i hope he keeps his head up.

we made a terrible start to the second half, which also cost us, knocking on in our first set, conceding a penalty and then a try, so it's unfair to pin the blame on morton.

we were really unlucky with the restart after that try too.

we were a touch lucky with our first try but grady finished it fantastically well. he's an absolute class act who we'll be lucky to keep hold of. a complete player who does everything right.

murphy grounded the ball looking at the footage and the rams players around him certainly felt he did as well. think we were unlucky to have that disallowed.

murphy looked pretty useful throughout. he has a very combative running style and seems determined to win every collision. more of that please!

leigh looked very good when they got a roll on, but we put a lot of pressure on them and really stopped them playing. but i think they were as guilty as us of slowing the game down at times, because when we got a roll on they were really struggling to contain us. and old man makka made their young talents in the pack look foolish at times!

cobb had an ok game, but was frustrated to see him tell leigh players three times within two minutes to get up and play the ball when they were pleading for a penalty. if they continue to try and fool the ref after being warned then they should be penalised. mcnally succeeded in milking one off thackeray, which you can see on the video.

the game was there for the taking, which is pretty frustrating as we were wasteful with the ball in their half. you could see thacks getting really p***ed off when the ball kept going to ground. in the second half it seemed that we either scored or knocked on! if there's one area to improve on yesterday then it's learning to build pressure in advantageous positions and work to a kick on the last, rather than going for glory on tackle one and two.

and to think we did what we did without godwin, brown, spicer and scott - who for me are automatic picks in the starting 13. austin in particular was pretty hot and cold - scott's much more reliable and gives us more momentum going forward, even if austin's more experienced at this level.

if we play like that on friday we'll tear swinton apart and won't lose again this year. big 'if' though!! 

Fantastic game yesterday and would have taken the BP before the game. Well done to Glenn and the boys for a great effort.

One thing though that needs improving is our passing game. I lost count of how many times we passed to the ankles.

One thing though that needs improving is our passing game. I lost count of how many times we passed to the ankles.

Perhaps you need shorter players?

we played really well.

their first two tries came from very well executed kicks that any side would have struggled to defend against, and a third try from a kick should have probably been palmed dead by dale - but he backed himself to catch it. he also backed himself to catch the kick-off following our equalising score and back-pedalled some distance to try and reach it, when briggs was probably in a better position. nobody to be blamed really and it's good that dale's confident. aside from those two errors he had a great game so i hope he keeps his head up.

we made a terrible start to the second half, which also cost us, knocking on in our first set, conceding a penalty and then a try, so it's unfair to pin the blame on morton.

we were really unlucky with the restart after that try too.

we were a touch lucky with our first try but grady finished it fantastically well. he's an absolute class act who we'll be lucky to keep hold of. a complete player who does everything right.

murphy grounded the ball looking at the footage and the rams players around him certainly felt he did as well. think we were unlucky to have that disallowed.

murphy looked pretty useful throughout. he has a very combative running style and seems determined to win every collision. more of that please!

leigh looked very good when they got a roll on, but we put a lot of pressure on them and really stopped them playing. but i think they were as guilty as us of slowing the game down at times, because when we got a roll on they were really struggling to contain us. and old man makka made their young talents in the pack look foolish at times!

cobb had an ok game, but was frustrated to see him tell leigh players three times within two minutes to get up and play the ball when they were pleading for a penalty. if they continue to try and fool the ref after being warned then they should be penalised. mcnally succeeded in milking one off thackeray, which you can see on the video.

the game was there for the taking, which is pretty frustrating as we were wasteful with the ball in their half. you could see thacks getting really p***ed off when the ball kept going to ground. in the second half it seemed that we either scored or knocked on! if there's one area to improve on yesterday then it's learning to build pressure in advantageous positions and work to a kick on the last, rather than going for glory on tackle one and two.

and to think we did what we did without godwin, brown, spicer and scott - who for me are automatic picks in the starting 13. austin in particular was pretty hot and cold - scott's much more reliable and gives us more momentum going forward, even if austin's more experienced at this level.

if we play like that on friday we'll tear swinton apart and won't lose again this year. big 'if' though!! 

Maybe we should play Jordan Grayston on the wing. Can't see why the lad is not being picked TBH

Really hoping we can keep hold of Grady and Briggs for 2015, might be one or two teams looking at Grady already

Briggs might well return to Fev, and Grady definitely won't go there - the money's just run out!

It was 'tongue in cheek' Barty, but do check some if your players' antics this season.

Fantastic game yesterday and would have taken the BP before the game. Well done to Glenn and the boys for a great effort.

We also need to tackle better; on too many occasions we allow the opposition to progress because we fail to get the legs.

Remember lads, it's Legs, Dews, legs! How many times do I have to shout it before we do it?

grady is contracted for next season already .

If that's correct it's brilliant news,I thought when we signed him it was just for this season?