Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shaun mc

Tour De France - Yorkshire

244 posts in this topic

It's a circuit course, reportedly with a bit of climbing and a steep descent.

John Degenkolb must have a good chance, he's nominated as the leader of the German team.

Come on Geraint !!!

It's a circuit course, reportedly with a bit of climbing and a steep descent.

John Degenkolb must have a good chance, he's nominated as the leader of the German team.

Come on Geraint !!!

I think it will be too hilly for the out and out sprinters hence my prediction of Matthews. I would usually say Sagan for this parkour but he's a marked man and won't have much support.

Sagan isnt a bad bet. Is good over the hills and has shown he can latch onto the back of another teams train

Ben Swift.

Unfortunately, Ben Swift seems to fall between all the stools.

Nearly a really good sprinter

Rugged enough to get over climbs to be in with a shout at the finish.

Not brilliant tactically when in a breakaway group.

Hugh Porter reckons he's going to be a future star, so now would be a good time to start. His chances depend on the team orders for who gets protected status. After the Commonwealth Games gold, I reckon it will be Geraint.

Sagan isnt a bad bet. Is good over the hills and has shown he can latch onto the back of another teams train

The problem for Sagan is that for a hilly route, none of the other riders will work with him because they know he'll just beat them in the sprint. This is what happened at the Tour this year.

Of course I may be made to eat my words. 

Froome and Adam Yates have abandoned the world road race championship. Tony Martin currently has a 23 second lead over the first chasing group that contains Pete Kennaugh with 47 km to go. The Aussies are riding at the front of the peloton.

Looks cool and wet. Should suit somebody with Tom Boonen's pedigree in those conditions.

Ben Swift's lack of tactical nous let him down again.

Kwiatkowski made his move early and the favourites refused to bury themselves in a full-on chase until it was (just)  too late.

Big up to Phillipe Gilbert; he worked his heart out when the chase got going.

Ben Swift's lack of tactical nous let him down again.

More lack of teammates really. There was no GB train to chase down Kwiatowski. 12th is by no means a disgrace.

He should have gone after Kwiatowski himself and hoped the two of them could stay away because he's much the better sprinter of the two.

if he stayed with the pure sprinters, even if the group had caught Kwiatowski, he wouldn't have finished on the podium.