Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir Jekyll Stocking

Josh to Salford

43 posts in this topic

No idea to be honest DD, apparently it was on the Hunslet website though. I'm guessing only a recent move perhaps.

That probably means have seen the end of both. And why did we need a scrum half when we lost a centre? I realise that with Leek injured there's little cover in the halves, but both Ben and Scott are on top form at the moment, and Scott has now become main goalkicker so who wasn't going to play to let the French guy play, as he wouldn't have come all that way not to? I'm really confused as to the selection at the moment, being down to a bare squad, letting guys go elsewhere then trying to bring in a guy we didn't need, plus the DR farce with Huddersfield. That said, we're on top form just now and a win on Sunday should take us up to 5th as doubt the Rams will beat Leigh, but let's keep hoping a) confidence stays high and B) we don't pick up any injuries.

That probably means have seen the end of both. And why did we need a scrum half when we lost a centre? I realise that with Leek injured there's little cover in the halves, but both Ben and Scott are on top form at the moment, and Scott has now become main goalkicker so who wasn't going to play to let the French guy play, as he wouldn't have come all that way not to? I'm really confused as to the selection at the moment, being down to a bare squad, letting guys go elsewhere then trying to bring in a guy we didn't need, plus the DR farce with Huddersfield. That said, we're on top form just now and a win on Sunday should take us up to 5th as doubt the Rams will beat Leigh, but let's keep hoping a) confidence stays high and B) we don't pick up any injuries.

The Press have got their story wrong. It wasn't William Barthau. The player concerned would have been a direct replacement for Griffin.

Alright chaps, quick question please, does anyone know what the score is with Byron ?. The rumours were fax had signed him but nothing for a week or so.

Alright chaps, quick question please, does anyone know what the score is with Byron ?. The rumours were fax had signed him but nothing for a week or so.

Load of absolute drivel sparked by a rather odd post on this forum.

Cheers pal, was on our forum too, he's done his fair stint with the dogs, Batley through and through as long as you want him I would think.

The Press have got their story wrong. It wasn't William Barthau. The player concerned would have been a direct replacement for Griffin.

The story was correct.

I noticed that Josh Griffin played for Salford against Castleford this weekend according to the Sky score centre. Walton looks to have been used as a sub forward.

I noticed that Josh Griffin played for Salford against Castleford this weekend according to the Sky score centre. Walton looks to have been used as a sub forward.

Walton came on after about 8 minutes when Hock went off injured and played the rest of the game, played in the second row.

Griffin played on the left wing.

Sure I saw Walton at the game today

Walton was there. And Griffin.

When I saw that Griffin had been picked on the wing at Salford rather than what I assume to be his strongest position (centre) I thought that maybe we would see him back on loan at Batley.  Further proof of how little I know is that he won MOM for Salford against Hull playing on the wing.  He scored a try, kicked some goals and apparently made two try saving tackles.  Strange to think that both Salford wingers have been playing for Batley in the last 12 months.

Josh got another 2 tries and kicked 5 from 6 goals this weekend. Greg Johnson also got a try.

Jason Walton and Greg Johnson have signed new deals until 2017.

It's good to see ex Batley players doing well.