Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mark richardson

Ian Mort

19 posts in this topic

Not some twaddle heard over a garden fence or pub bogs

Morty has left Barrow to spend more time at home with his wife who's about to give birth

I'd like to see him back. As long as Leigh fans say its ok...would anyone else?

I think with Watto going the ideal replacement at scrum half is Jordan Burke leaving a space on the wing for Mort. The other option being Atkin at scrum half meaning Richie on the other wing moving back to full back which would leave a space on the other wing for Mort!!

There you go ....simple!

I would like to see Mort back as I rated him as a try scorer, goal kicker and good organising full back

The mort (sic) the merrier I say.

I think with Watto going the ideal replacement at scrum half is Jordan Burke leaving a space on the wing for Mort. The other option being Atkin at scrum half meaning Richie on the other wing moving back to full back which would leave a space on the other wing for Mort!!

There you go ....simple!

clutching at straws!

Watching Ian Mort at Barrow on Sunday he didn't look half the player he was for us before his trip to Australia.  Perhaps a change of scene would do him good and hopefully he would regain some of that panache he had.  I'd be happy to see him back and I'm sure some club will snap him up if he wants to play.

I also watched him play last Sunday.I thought he was poor,(just my opinion.) But it's squeaky bum time for the Iions and we need players on the pitch with fight and passion in them! ! I'm sorry but Mort doesn't fit the bill for me! !! If he's not good enough for Barrow,he's not good enough for us! I apologize,if my opinion upsets anyone.

Hey, it's an opinion and it's all yours. We all have them and they're all open to discussion. It's when opinion is portrayed as fact that we have problems!

Ya dat is so

Ancient idiot language

Been up since 0400

Cider with my tea

I meant fair do's on the opinions... I was not there to witness Mortys mediocrity

You'd be better putting milk in your tea, or is cider a new age sugar substitute!

I'd love to see Morty back at the Lions. He won us games with his kicking alone in 2011 and 2012. Get him back playing for a local club and I'm sure he'll be back to his best.