Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

27/06/14 - Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Draw
    • St Helens

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

129 posts in this topic

Discuss Wigan Warriors v St Helens here.

It depends whether our team bears any resemblance to the 19 we named. No Lockers and we'll struggle. With him we should be fine. We'll be pumped that much is known.

At the risk of being told again that I am the most negative person in the world ever, I will say that the capacity of Saints to win this match depends upon which Saints team turn up, regardless of the team Wane plays.  We have a decent record in the second half of the season against Wigan at the DW - I think we have won 8 out of the last 12 played there.  So whether we win this time will largely depend on whether our forwards want to work hard (and that isn't guaranteed with Saints pack), whether the whole team is prepared to tackle hard and whether we are capable of holding on to the ball.  None of the above has been guaranteed within the Saints team at any time this season.

The only reason you are told that you are negative,is because you are negative,simples.

Wigan by 10

Saints by 10. Shaun Whine to moan about poor decisions by officials (again) and anything else that goes against them(again). He gets more like Alex Ferguson on every interview.

Saints by 10. Shaun Whine to moan about poor decisions by officials (again) and anything else that goes against them(again). He gets more like Alex Ferguson on every interview.

You think? Can't say I have spotted that, tbh. He has always seemed to be fair in his congratulations of the other side to me, but my glasses are pie tinted.

After Good Friday I consider us to be underdogs for this one regardless of who Wigan have out. They seem to cope very well with injuries anyway.

I'm not going to make any predictions, all I want to see is a lot of passion, aggression and determination from our guys. If they put up a good fight then I'll be happy enough.

The loss of Micky Mac makes Wigan stronger so go for them.

You don't watch Wigan much do you? :rolleyes:

Saints did well to hold Wigan for as long as they did. A bit more possession and a few less penalties might see it evened up a bit.

A bit of biff just round the corner, I reckon.

Good grief, the master of the late, off the ball hit gets a penalty for just the same.

Im enjoying this. Hard-hitting. Big blow losing Walsh for Saints. Usual guff from Clarke when Wigan are on TV.

Good first half, although we'll have a tough time scoring points without Walsh.

It was pretty even at half time on Good Friday and Wigan hit us quickly after the break so we'll need to be fully alert from the off here. Pleased so far though, and I'm glad to see Masoe finally showing some aggression.

I can't watch unfortunately, early flight tomorrow. Can scores be updated please

I'd have gone for two there, this could be really tight.

Yes, so would I and probably everybody else bar Wigan fans!  But Captain Wellens thought he was in the 2006 title winning team rather than the team that has just lost its only play maker!  Even Makinson could have slotted one over from there.  Silly error in such a tight game.

Hopefully Saints will keep this up in the second half.  Without Walsh we are going to need to be on our mettle in every respect as we will struggle to score should we get the chance.

Good first half, although we'll have a tough time scoring points without Walsh.

It was pretty even at half time on Good Friday and Wigan hit us quickly after the break so we'll need to be fully alert from the off here. Pleased so far though, and I'm glad to see Masoe finally showing some aggression.

The difference he makes is massive isn't it?  Could see it straight away.  I hope he hasn't done anything serious.

I can't watch unfortunately, early flight tomorrow. Can scores be updated please

Sure :)

4-4 so far btw.