Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

28/06/14 - London Broncos v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm

Who will win?   9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Draw
    • Widnes Vikings

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 posts in this topic

Discuss London Broncos v Widnes Vikings here.

Hopefully we won't slip up on this potential Banana skin, and give London their first win! 

Widnes by 18.

I think this could be the game for London to break the duck. 

It was great to have Til Vea and Nesi Mataitonga down at training with Newham Dockers under 15s last night, and their enthusiasm has  rubbed off on me: London to win 24 -18.

London to win - I suspect Widnes will be v distracted by the semi over the next few weeks (as I think Cas have been/will be) as that is the biggest game for the club for a decade.

Widnes don't turn up and we win by 2pts, while the rain stays away so we enjoy the BBQ afterwards. Just not that confident.

For the first time this season I can sense a London win. 24-16 in a sloppy game. 

Where have you gone Bomb Jack mate?

20-42 at the mo.

24-42, final score.

Where have you gone Bomb Jack mate?

20-42 at the mo.

At work unfortunately, on overtime! 

I'm happy with the result obviously, as I didn't want to be the first team to get beaten by them (plus we've lost 4 and drawn 1 out of our last 5 games!)

London were much poorer than I had hoped or expected.  In attack they played predictable one out rugby, whilst their defence on their left hand side was shocking - it seemed that in the second half, every time Widnes moved the ball right, they got a 2 or 3 v 1.  Duckworth was terrible in attack and defence; he doesn't look either fit or committed.

I wish I had not parted with £ 20 to Barnet FC. I knew London Broncos  were not fit for Super League but I have to make the call now that this mob wil not win a game all season letting the club dissapear in ignomy.

The gate of 1,422 IIRC was die to a large Widnes travelling contingent and about 200 free tickets give to school kids who paraded round the ground representing various countries - Wales with Puff the Magic Dragon by the look of it..

In truth Widnes never got out of second gear and London conceded soft try after soft try after soft try. when not knocking on or firing ther ball into the touchline, Credit to the Chemics who can only beat what's in front of them but those who thought Joe Grima was an improvement on Tony Rea :O

The Broncos only seem to do well when play becomes unstructured a bit like "when wide to "west" becomes the game plan. Maybe it is the gameplan. A case in point being Denny Solomonas outpacing of the Widnes defence to touch down from a kick through in the right hand corner on the stroke of half time.

People crack on about London's crowds but given the fare on offer - and I would not call this entertainment by any means - and the fact this has gone on for five years now of much the same, I think it's a minor miracle there is still a hard core of around 700 buying replica shrts is tribute to blind optimism that should be applauded. That said I will not be back until Hull KR, I could go next week against Wigan but although there will be one good team,on the pitch it will not be the one I am barracking for.... :crying:

I get on the tube at Canons Park at 4.51pm and there on the platform is Barwick in mufti or at least his doppelganger, he started at me, I at him, I wondered was it him, surely such a highly paid consultant with Daily Mail soccer column and FA payoff not to mention the RFL gold

he is getting, could have better dress sense thatn to turn up looking casual but by no means smart. If it truly was the highly remunerated Twickenham resident. Then I missed the opportunity to beg that the Broncos be granted euthanasia for as things stan Hughes may want a next season but who will be watching.

Easier said than done, but Broncos fans need to keep the faith. OK they will be playing in the championship next season, but with Joe Grima in charge and a good pre season they will be in for a great season next year.

A couple of things I forgot to add. Marketing seems to involve a mature gentleman pulling an advert trolley down Edgware High Street causing an obstructtion for the bemused multi-cultural residents trying to do their shopping and in the club shop the training gear is nwo on sale. While the First team kit is gash. I do like the training kit and would have got a polo shirt save for the fact that none of the clothing actually had a price on it.  

This is the kind of thing that Gus Mackay would have been publicly scourged for on cerrtain messageboards... but now we are a Gus free zone, it appears the club gets a free pass.

I do hope the Barbecue for the Members went well post game in the damp and gloom. Might have been a few club employees missing though because  they were standing with me at Baker Street trying to get on the Bakerloo line when this was taking place....

With Leigh, Fev and Fax next year London will find it anything but easy in the Championship.

With Leigh, Fev and Fax next year London will find it anything but easy in the Championship.

True, but they will be in the mix at the end.

A couple of things I forgot to add. Marketing seems to involve a mature gentleman pulling an advert trolley down Edgware High Street causing an obstructtion for the bemused multi-cultural residents trying to do their shopping and in the club shop the training gear is nwo on sale. While the First team kit is gash. I do like the training kit and would have got a polo shirt save for the fact that none of the clothing actually had a price on it.

This is the kind of thing that Gus Mackay would have been publicly scourged for on cerrtain messageboards... but now we are a Gus free zone, it appears the club gets a free pass.

I do hope the Barbecue for the Members went well post game in the damp and gloom. Might have been a few club employees missing though because they were standing with me at Baker Street trying to get on the Bakerloo line when this was taking place....

The bbq was cancelled.

The bbq was cancelled.

The bbq DID take place. It was announced several times over the tannoy that it was going ahead. It was very good and the atmosphere the same.

Its a shame that Broncos fans come on here spouting inaccuracies.