Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

28/06/14 - Castleford Tigers v Salford Red Devils KO 7pm

Who will win?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Draw
    • Salford Red Devils

Sometimes you've got to win ugly but it sounded like we were very lucky there.

2 points and we keep going.

On a side note the five towns radio commentary really wasn't good.

When I can't travel to a game the local radio commentaries are invaluable but tonight's effort wasn't easy on the lugs.

Also hearing Sneyd could be confirmed for next season, next week

Would be great

Sounds like the Doc has made enough noise to save face on it.

What's your view on other ins & outs?

What's that got to do with adding the best part of 10 minutes on at the end?

The leagues time commissioner Gerry Kershaw was there, take it up with him. Marwan will be along on twitter soon no doubt

Would be great

Sounds like the Doc has made enough noise to save face on it.

What's your view on other ins & outs?

Clark is a massive loss, Huby too when confirmed.

Moore I'm not impressed with although not confirmed.

Heard outbid by Fev for Robinson from Giants, his choice.

Need to just trust Powell though, still think he stalled momentum with the Wigan league changes after the cup. But he's the boss

The leagues time commissioner Gerry Kershaw was there, take it up with him. Marwan will be along on twitter soon no doubt[/quote

Whoever is in charge of the time commissioner should examine a tape of the match and check if there was any error in the timekeeping just as they check up on other incidents each week.

Do they have the usual clock that is stopped at the referees signal at Castleford?

Clark is a massive loss, Huby too when confirmed.

Moore I'm not impressed with although not confirmed.

Heard outbid by Fev for Robinson from Giants, his choice.

Need to just trust Powell though, still think he stalled momentum with the Wigan league changes after the cup. But he's the boss

Seems like we could have a weaker squad on paper next term which will frustrating for all after this season.

Losing born & bred Cas lads is a blow

When is our luck going to change?

When you start earning your yards rather than being piggy backed up the field I would imagine

s for complaining about "added time" - the same process at Cas is exactly the same as every single game in the league. the clock is on show so everybody can see when it is stopped.

Salford should have defended the play so complaints there, but there are independent commentators who have asked the same questions about an extra 7 minutes.

I'm not taking the bait. I like Cas, I really do. I hope they win the cup and it's great to see an 'unfashionable' club, like ourselves, doing so well. But I do wonder why there was so much added time. Even the commentators on 'tiger radio' or whatever it's called, (very good commentary by the way) were saying time was up a good two minutes before the hooter went.

Time keeping became the RFL's responsibility a few years back didn't it?  I'm sure they allocate an official time keeper centrally rather than rely upon individual clubs to employ their own, as in the past.