Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boxhead

Todd Carney has been sacked.

138 posts in this topic

Sex isn't normal then? Oh. Here was me thinking it was. Oops!

(Perhaps he'd just had a shower? Ewww ... )

Was that sex?

Isn't peeing on someone a sex act? Maybe he was practicing...

The guy is a deadset moron, granted, but who are we to judge? Sometimes you can't help being stupid. He gets paid for playing the game and he is very good at it though. Like I said, I'd love to see him at Leeds and as stupid as peeing in your own mouth is, it's not illegal or even morally wrong. He hasn't harmed anyone else in this instance. He's just been a grade A d••• to himself.

Was that sex?

Well ... I don't think this is the right forum to get into a discussion about sex, do you?  So I will leave your first question unanswered.

As to your second, I assume you studied biology at school?

The guy is a deadset moron, granted, but who are we to judge? Sometimes you can't help being stupid. He gets paid for playing the game and he is very good at it though. Like I said, I'd love to see him at Leeds and as stupid as peeing in your own mouth is, it's not illegal or even morally wrong. He hasn't harmed anyone else in this instance. He's just been a grade A d••• to himself.

He has harmed himself, the image of his club and the image of the sport.  Nothing is without consequence and everything has a moral value.  And I don't see anything wrong in him being judged when there are diverse people in the fanbase and at the sponsors' table who may not share his prediliction or his wish for it to be shared with the rest of the world.

Was that sex?

I wonder if he could taste the bubbles.

Well ... I don't think this is the right forum to get into a discussion about sex, do you? So I will leave your first question unanswered.

if you are taking that stance, id be stunned if Kirkmond's act was in any school biology books!!!

Except that was PRETEND. He didn't actually give a dog a bj/get a bj off a dog (I can't remember which it was!). Had he done so then the same would apply.

Ah, pretend. Righty ho. Wonder if the dog knew.

I think the fact that you can't remember it probably says a lot. Once seen not forgotten.

Mognahan and Carney both acts of the same order.

He has harmed himself, the image of his club and the image of the sport. Nothing is without consequence and everything has a moral value. And I don't see anything wrong in him being judged when there are diverse people in the fanbase and at the sponsors' table who may not share his prediliction or his wish for it to be shared with the rest of the world.

Hold up, you're saying he wanted this sharing with the world? Over here there seems to be more hate towards the guy who leaked the pic than towards Carney himself.

As for judgement, I don't judge anyone because everyone is different and if someone wants to do something let them. One mans dustbin is another mans empire. If he had done something illegal that could have had him prosecuted then fair enough, the sacking would be just. As it is, he hasn't so in this situation I feel sorry for him. Like I said originally though, I can see why the club have sacked him but I doubt many other clubs would have in this situation.

Also, if you're worried that your kids are going to copy this because of a picture on twitter you have failed as a parent. Most kids would laugh at it and think it's stupid. The ones who would try it are the ones who are at the bottom of the food chain anyway when it comes to brains, just like Todd Carney.

if you are taking that stance, id be stunned if Kirkmond's act was in any school biology books!!!

Jeez, were ANY sex acts in school biology books?!   :O  I missed that lesson!!! 

I think the fact that you can't remember it probably says a lot. Once seen not forgotten.

Monaghan's was far worse IMO.

You're right though. How can you forget that image?! :lol:

Hold up, you're saying he wanted this sharing with the world? Over here there seems to be more hate towards the guy who leaked the pic than towards Carney himself.

He shouldn't have done it in a public loo then should he?  Serves him right!  It's not like he hasn't done this kind of thing before is it? 

As for judgement, I don't judge anyone because everyone is different and if someone wants to do something let them. One mans dustbin is another mans empire. If he had done something illegal that could have had him prosecuted then fair enough, the sacking would be just. As it is, he hasn't so in this situation I feel sorry for him. Like I said originally though, I can see why the club have sacked him but I doubt many other clubs would have in this situation.

What tosh.  Everyone judges.  And in fact you have just done so in your post because you'd think his sacking would be fair enough if he'd done something illegal. 

Also, if you're worried that your kids are going to copy this because of a picture on twitter you have failed as a parent. Most kids would laugh at it and think it's stupid. The ones who would try it are the ones who are at the bottom of the food chain anyway when it comes to brains, just like Todd Carney.

And if this isn't judgmental I don't know what is!  'Bottom of the food chain' eh?  Gosh. 

So long as Carney doesn't end up playing in England I couldn't care less.  Keep your weirdos to yourself please as we have enough of our own to contend with.

Rubbish.

Monaghan didn't touch the dog.  Like I say he was pretending.  Do you know what the word pretend means?

He shouldn't have done it in a public loo then should he? Serves him right! It's not like he hasn't done this kind of thing before is it?

What tosh. Everyone judges. And in fact you have just done so in your post because you'd think his sacking would be fair enough if he'd done something illegal.

And if this isn't judgmental I don't know what is! 'Bottom of the food chain' eh? Gosh.

So long as Carney doesn't end up playing in England I couldn't care less. Keep your weirdos to yourself please as we have enough of our own to contend with.

That's just plain facts :lol:

I don't judge people on their actions. Each to their own. I still know an idiot when I see one though but they can do what they like.

And again, I wasn't judging saying if he had done something illegal it would be fair enough that he would be sacked. I was stating that an illegal act would mean his sacking would be a consequence.

The fact you defend Monaghan and blast Carney so much suggests to me that you just don't like him anyway.

Regardless of whether Monaghan's was real or not he still put himself in the situation where he had a picture taken with a dog in his crotch.

Rubbish.

Monaghan didn't touch the dog. Like I say he was pretending. Do you know what the word pretend means?

I just had to check the picture as my recollection was totally different to yours. He's holding the damn dogs head as the dog licks his area!! How's that pretend?

Would you like your child to follow Wigan?

Yes. Yes, I would. But not yours.

Well, that's my point really! If we don't want our children turning into Bear Grylls then we don't let them watch him do we? And we don't advocate what he does, etc, etc. Likewise for rugby league players and children who look up to them.

Not saying that watching Bear Grylls would automatically turn children into him! But I'm just saying parents make those choices about what influences their children are to be open to.

So why can't we as parents make a choice to not let our child see the Todd Carney incident.

Rubbish.

Monaghan didn't touch the dog.  Like I say he was pretending.  Do you know what the word pretend means?

You can continue to brazen it out as much as you like, but you're just plain wrong.

ha, that is sooo funny?  :D  :D  pretty disgusting though, but funny. typical lads thing to do. sure we have seen pretty messed up things in our time, its just another one to add to that list. imo harsh to sack him, but kinda see why they have. 

Well ... I don't think this is the right forum to get into a discussion about sex, do you? So I will leave your first question unanswered.

So you'll dodge the question aimed at you but ask one yourself in the same area?

Nowhere in biology have I read that licking someone's anus is part of having sex. You've said that act was normal because sex is normal. If you can say that, then the "golden shower" is also "normal" in the same context.

So far, your only justification that what he did was morally wrong is that "you wouldn't want your kids doing it". Unfortunately, it's not up to you to decide for the world what is morally wrong. I wouldn't want my kids having tattoos on their forearms, or piercings on their face. That doesn't mean I think they're morally wrong.

I'm still waiting for these outraged people to give just one justifiable reason why what he did deserved sacking. Just one.

Peeing in your own mouth is pretting disgusting yes and contrary to what callig in their post said, this WAS in public, as he was in a nightclub urinals at the time, so his contract applies.  If he can't take the heat then he needs to stay out of the kitchen.  Or be kept out, whichever. 

As for your point about Danny Kirmond, I don't actually know anything about the incident you mentioned, so if you could be more specific then I'll happily answer your question.

I don't disagree that he was in a public place.  I just thought the decision to sack him was very quick for what is not for me a cut and dry case.  Firstly I think that if the evidence was obtained illegally there's mitigating circumstances there (I don't know if it is or isn't but I wouldn't find acceptable someone snapping photos of me in a nightclub toilet).

Also the question of what is publicly acceptable is a very grey area in itself.  I'm pretty sure that 'don't urinate in your own mouth' was not a specific clause in his contract.  And how far do you go with telling people what they can and cannot do.  Is going to a strip club acceptable behaviour for a football player?  Is that worse than physically assaulting someone on the field of player?

The decision seemed to be made really quickly when potentially your setting quite a big precedent.  

I don't disagree that he was in a public place.  I just thought the decision to sack him was very quick for what is not for me a cut and dry case.  Firstly I think that if the evidence was obtained illegally there's mitigating circumstances there (I don't know if it is or isn't but I wouldn't find acceptable someone snapping photos of me in a nightclub toilet).

Also the question of what is publicly acceptable is a very grey area in itself.  I'm pretty sure that 'don't urinate in your own mouth' was not a specific clause in his contract.  And how far do you go with telling people what they can and cannot do.  Is going to a strip club acceptable behaviour for a football player?  Is that worse than physically assaulting someone on the field of player?

The decision seemed to be made really quickly when potentially your setting quite a big precedent.  

According to the report I read the decision was made after discussion among the board of the club and with the NRL.  It's not like he's a kid or has a squeeky clean record is it?  He's pee'd on someone else, who didn't ask him to, in a nightclub, he's set fire to someone's pants causing them actual injury, he's got done for drink driving and other (non-specified) drink related incidents and this is, what, the third club that has sacked him?  I don't think this has set a precedent; the precedent was set a while back and he hasn't stopped behaving badly in spite of being given chances.  There must come a time when the chances run out. 

As I said, I don't care about Carney so long as he doesn't come over here to embarrass our game.  We struggle enough for coverage over here that the last thing we need is a braindead idiot making things worse for us.

So you'll dodge the question aimed at you but ask one yourself in the same area?

Nowhere in biology have I read that licking someone's anus is part of having sex. You've said that act was normal because sex is normal. If you can say that, then the "golden shower" is also "normal" in the same context.

So far, your only justification that what he did was morally wrong is that "you wouldn't want your kids doing it". Unfortunately, it's not up to you to decide for the world what is morally wrong. I wouldn't want my kids having tattoos on their forearms, or piercings on their face. That doesn't mean I think they're morally wrong.

I'm still waiting for these outraged people to give just one justifiable reason why what he did deserved sacking. Just one.

I think it is fair enough to refuse to discuss sex on a rugby league forum.  This isn't even the 'Any Other Business' section.  I am not going to be drawn into a discussion about sex on here.

As for biology books, all they contained when I was at school - and I'm in my 40s btw - were drawings of the inner workings of the body and an explanation as to how women got pregnant!  We didn't have sex ed at my school.  So if you're basing your argument on what was NOT in school biology books then people wouldn't even be kissing based on what was not in the ones at my school!

You can continue to brazen it out as much as you like, but you're just plain wrong.

Then we saw different pictures!

So why can't we as parents make a choice to not let our child see the Todd Carney incident.

It's whether you want your children to look up to a man who has done what he has, and not just peeing in his own mouth since he has done worse things than that.  I wouldn't want any child of mine to look up to a man like that.  And this guy is 30.  Not that some men can't act like dogs whatever their age but personally I'd prefer my kids to have better role models than that.