Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckn

Rant of the day - bills

55 posts in this topic

Not much fun as a passenger in the back of one though. After many trips up a long farm track in the back of them I realise that the designer were evil sadists. The exposed metal ridges are exactly at head height so you smash your head on them as the car hits every pothole. 

I had my own lovely arctic'ed 110 (window hot air curtains, etc. ahh what a lovely wagon that was) that I used as a mobile base station before using my motorbike to get into even more inaccessible areas.  One exercise I was flagged down by the Regimental Sergeant Major who wanted a lift as his motorbike had broken down, we got his bike on the trailer next to mine and he told me where he wanted to go.  I started off on a minor detour along some country roads but he started ranting about it being a bloody off-road vehicle for a reason and that I should take the more direct route in a tone that made it clear it wasn't a suggestion.  The main reason I intended to take a detour is that the RSM had a flask cup of coffee he'd just poured himself and I knew the countryside on the route was like corrugated iron with lots of peaks and troughs.  He'd annoyed me severely though and obviously didn't know the countryside, he didn't even bother with his seatbelt.

So... I decided to go a wee bit faster than normal over the countryside, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy RSM, he hit his head a few times, good job he had his helmet on, and his leg ended up across the windscreen with his coffee nicely soaked into his chest along with lots of swearing.  He knew I'd been a bit of a dick to him but he also knew he was the dick to start with and was generally a reasonable bloke: "let's just leave it at that then shall we Bombardier, why not just drop me off by the REME station there and they'll get me going again"

I had my own lovely arctic'ed 110 (window hot air curtains, etc. ahh what a lovely wagon that was) that I used as a mobile base station before using my motorbike to get into even more inaccessible areas.  One exercise I was flagged down by the Regimental Sergeant Major who wanted a lift as his motorbike had broken down, we got his bike on the trailer next to mine and he told me where he wanted to go.  I started off on a minor detour along some country roads but he started ranting about it being a bloody off-road vehicle for a reason and that I should take the more direct route in a tone that made it clear it wasn't a suggestion.  The main reason I intended to take a detour is that the RSM had a flask cup of coffee he'd just poured himself and I knew the countryside on the route was like corrugated iron with lots of peaks and troughs.  He'd annoyed me severely though and obviously didn't know the countryside, he didn't even bother with his seatbelt.

So... I decided to go a wee bit faster than normal over the countryside, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy RSM, he hit his head a few times, good job he had his helmet on, and his leg ended up across the windscreen with his coffee nicely soaked into his chest along with lots of swearing.  He knew I'd been a bit of a dick to him but he also knew he was the dick to start with and was generally a reasonable bloke: "let's just leave it at that then shall we Bombardier, why not just drop me off by the REME station there and they'll get me going again"

Some people just insist on learning the hard way. I would guess he still holds the role of RSM...unless he's managed to get himself demoted.

The next installment of the saga...  A beautiful looking Audi A6, immaculate pics, "trade seller" but only a mobile phone number as contact.  Despite that I gave him a call, no answer.  Called back later, his son answered and said "call back later".  I did, same answer "call back later".  So I sent a text saying call me back when you can.  He did but was so cagey that it was silly, I asked a few basic questions and he was quite evasive so I pushed a bit harder asking if he was a proper trade seller then could he give his company name, he replied by shouting "YOU'RE A TAXMAN AREN'T YOU?!" and hanging up

Have a look a Fords of Winsford. http://www.fow.co.uk/  One of the very first car supermarkets, been going years,  good reputation. The co my son works for sources all its vehicles from there(except the owner's car, which is always bought new.) and has done for many years. 

or here: ex Motability cars mainly: http://www.johnpeatmotors.co.uk/

or better still try here