Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mrbus

jack lee...

45 posts in this topic

Won't be with you next year

'Understand' that statement - any more info??

Won't be with you next year

Have you told Jack ?

Mr Bus up to his old tricks again ? Mischief maker

So what happens if we play Hunslet in the Grand Final?...massive conflict of interests. Very poorly timed in my opinion.

So what happens if we play Hunslet in the Grand Final?...massive conflict of interests. Very poorly timed in my opinion.

Why do you think Hunslet have announced it now?

Gutted - and agree with the above - think Jack has always given 100% to the Knights, is a class player & a class lad & I can only thank him for what he has done for us down here - shown more loyalty to our club than most players in our short history, but this situation is now really difficult all round

If we get to the Grand Final against Hunslet, what do we do. Trust Jack to play for us or play two excellent hookers in Carter and Brining? A few more selection headaches for Thornton now.

Can understand jacks decision in wanting to move clubs, he has just become a new father and wanting to spend more time at home.

But jack you deserve to play for a better club, eg. Fax, Batley or even back to fev, but Hunslet what a come down.

Anyway it's done now, perhaps we should concentrate more on signing on what everyone concerned with the club says are a great young set of lads than talking about the new stadium that most fans say will not happen.

It's no good having a new stadium and no team to play in it.

This just takes us back to 2005/6 season. When we got promotion and hadn't a decent enough side to stay there.

TIME TO START SIGNING PLAYERS NOW.

Money always talks, not one player will stay because he "likes York" or the fans. It's a job and they will go where they are paid the most to do it.

Anyway Carter and Brining would be in the team  for the rest of the season if I was picking it, Lee may as well go to Hunslet now the announcement has been made.

Lee may as well go to Hunslet now the announcement has been made.

Would keep him at the club but  not play him, wouldn't be happy if he scored the winning try against us for Hunslet in the GF

Says in the Press that York didn't offer him a new deal until after he had already accepted Hunslets offer..

Would keep him at the club but  not play him, wouldn't be happy if he scored the winning try against us for Hunslet in the GF

Pathetic sportsman ship???? Jack has been a great player for York, very loyal...good luck to him...  

Money always talks, not one player will stay because he "likes York" or the fans. It's a job and they will go where they are paid the most to do it.

Anyway Carter and Brining would be in the team  for the rest of the season if I was picking it, Lee may as well go to Hunslet now the announcement has been made.

Just as well you havnt been picking it then? do you watch the same games as me? Jack is pure hooking class!!!!!! 

I cannot believe the attitude of some of the so called fans. Jack is a great player and a sound lad... You cannot

blame him going for more money its a short career....

Knowing Jack as I do, he will do is up most to assist York to win the GF...

Jack Lee has been a fantastic servant to the club. Good luck to him, at the end of the day we missed the boat, the Hawks jumped in so who's the fool ? Not Jack or the Hawks.

On the playing front, I don't know what is the best outcome here, do you go with Carter and Kris now or keep Jack in the side.

Good luck Jack, don't blame you but the timing is totally terrible from a fans and a Knights view.

Mr Bus up to his old tricks again ? Mischief maker

its not often I'm wrong ;)

Initially I thought we can’t play him but after reading the article in the press it sounds like he remains focused on the job in hand. Now I'm not naïve enough to say that this is just paper talk but he didn't have to say anything or do an interview and unlike the footballers who generally won’t bother I think Jack Lee will do his best to see York to ultimate glory as he comes across a very proud and determined player

Why wouldn't he not do his best, he's a York player and professional athlete, he will be 110% committed to York until the end of the season.

I personally think that the rules the RFL have put in place around players being able to negotiate contracts for next season from May allows for this situation to happen, you could essentially have half your squad signed up for other clubs next year half way through the current season, just seems crazy to me!

What can you say to this,

Firstly Well done to the Hawks club, showing real ambition for next season signing the best hooker outside SL regardless of wherever they end up, and I don't blame Jack for taking the money, or his honesty about reasoning and family committments, although travel time Cas to HS or Cas to SLS very little difference, I have an office in Cas so know the journey times. It's money that talks.

Like others I am very very very surprised where he is going though as this season more than others he has been simply outstanding and at times a real game changer and was basically expecting to lose him to be tapped up by one of the top Championship clubs.

JACK ONLY MY OPINION BUT YOU HAVE SOLD YOURSELF TOO EARLY AND WELL SHORT BUT THANKS FOR THE COMMITTMENT YOU HAVE GIVEN THE CLUB AND OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES WITH SOME REAL GAME CHANGING SHOWS AT TIMES.

Right, even more frustration for the YCK fans and the club, Yet again the Knights appear to be well behind the curve on planning and how many more players will we lose from this very good squad because we simply don't act and have to wait til the end of the season before talks start with next seasons proposed squad. I agree we have several great young prospects coming through and playing 1st team rugby at this level but move them up a tier and we will be woefully short of competing IF we manage to be promoted. Last time we won't GF it was fantastic on the day then the reality of losing some great players and the obviously weak squad we ended up with really tested fans commitment. We cannot afford to be in that situation again,,sadly we may be heading exactly there. Even the coach is in limbo, get Thornton and the 'must keep' players signed up now on min 2 year deals to get some momentum going, they deserve it.

Timing awful for our club but a real coup for the Hawks and clearly announced now to try and upset our apple cart. Would I continue to play Jack for the remaining games, yes but not in games against Hunslet, why? Because IF he was to have a stinker, drop a crucial pass etc then what would people be saying and honestly can any player really stay 100% true to the Knights cause in a GF ( if we get there) against a side he is committed to for next 2 seasons and who will be providing heavily to his income? Or does he care ? as he says the money is the same for him regardless of what level Hunlset play in? Difficult one and no doubt will cause mixed opinion.

Nothing surprises me these days in RL, the sport is just not in a good shape regardless of what the RL big wigs try and tell us and the media.

Seen the paper today, sounds like Jack is on the same deal next year whatever division they are in, not suprising if you think how much harder Championship 1 will be next year

Anyway having thought about it I would definately play Jack in all the remaining games, he has put pressure on himself by signing so its now up to him to not let his team mates, coaching staff & us fans down from now on and I think he will give 100% whatever - he's just that type of lad

A lot been said about signing our young lads up for next year & I totally agree, but we will need some class & experience to replace Jack & also Fordy as this will be his last playing season