Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOYALION

John Duffy Interview

32 posts in this topic

Apparently the coach gave an interview on Salford radio today. Anyone tune in and did he say anything of note?

Someone asked why the team had changed so much for the Workington game after the good win at Barrow.Duffys response was that Warrington had recalled O'Brien and Leigh had recalled their contingent .

Yes I listened and he gave a good account of himself, very complimentary to Ian Watson and keen to integrate with the schools and colleges in the area.

So leigh took their ball in.... Cheers.

Correct. This could have been confirmed sooner.

I thought we were to be kept informed by the club rather than just find out. That didnt last long!

Pathetic of a so called professional club to act in a spiteful manner. I'm sure the players are thrilled to no longer be playing regularly anymore. I just don't get some peoples attitudes.

There was no suggestion on the interview that anything had been done underhand just that Leigh had recalled them.

Curiouser and curiouser... At least aspinwall played today. And it looks like leigh are not having it all their own way at the moment, (though managing to keep winning).

Correct. This could have been confirmed sooner.

I thought we were to be kept informed by the club rather than just find out. That didnt last long!

What more can the club tell you other than they were recalled by Leigh.

Re my post above you will need to go to Number sat 15 Sportszone

I notice Leigh have released Matt Gardner and Michael Ostick from their contracts

What more can the club tell you other than they were recalled by Leigh.

But the club didn't Riggy, that's my point!

In response to speculation that the Leigh playets had been recalled, Marshy confirmed on this forum on 30 June that Leigh were entitled to do that.

In response to speculation that the Leigh playets had been recalled, Marshy confirmed on this forum on 30 June that Leigh were entitled to do that.

Which didnt exactly answer the question Steve, nor was is correct in the case of minimum loan periods ie Steve Maden.

As I said at the time, I simply wanted to know if Paul Rowley had taken his ball in?

Which didnt exactly answer the question Steve, nor was is correct in the case of minimum loan periods ie Steve Madden

As I said at the time, I simply wanted to know if Paul Rowley had taken his ball in?

Maybe one of those questions which you will have to ask Paul directly I am afraid - we would be only guessing the reason just like you. Once the players were recalled we had to focus on the team we had available and very quickly had to forget Leigh players.

Rest assured we do not plan to be in that position again!

Regards,

John

Looks like the position we are in is travel to Gloucester,Oxford and Coventry etc.

But is it a disaster ?

In my mind we were always at risk of relegation

The start of our season could not have been more chaotic

People wanted wattos head a long time ago

Then we win three

Then more chaos as watto leaves.

The sAme fans are aghast

Two games in Duffy should be sacked?

I see a pattern!

With the potential new investment we won't be down long.

One thing for certain... its never boring

Mark - I do understand all the points that are being made on the forum and I do not think anyone has been calling for Duffy's head. I am also sure that at present that Duffy and the board have the full support of the supporters and are all pulling for the same thing.

What does seem to have raised concerns is the rumours that have arisen and not quickly quelled by the club and that the feeling of openness brought to the club, which we all welcomed when the trust was appointed as directors, seems to be closing up at such an important time. 

I personally do not believe that this forum is the correct platform for "official" discussions/announcement/confirmations from the club but then I might just be out of date in the world of Twitter and the Dr Koukash (PR machine).

I was disappointed that Salford announced/leaked the news of Watto joining them but it would be even more worrying if that event forced Swinton's hands in making decisions.  I was also disappointed that we were not advised that Leigh had recalled their players on loan (and that they recalled them). Maybe we do not know why they were recalled but the facts of the recall could have been relayed on the official website.

And as for relying on your neighbours in the friendly game of Rugby League, I think you can bury that one as it contradicts the self interest of most clubs involved.

Everyman for himself ...sadly.

It is just information that people are crying out for and not the head of Duffy, and an area on which I believe the club can improve.

I think people have suggested that Duffy is not the ideal replacement or candidate.

I disagree

I agree that the sharing of information has been lacking and indeed I do believe I started that thread requesting more information on team news.

The childish removal of Leigh players is ridiculous

Maybe we were the bigger men in that situation by not raising our disbelief in public .

I also think that should we be relegated we will rise again swiftly and strongly

I agree with most of your points Mark and it makes a refreshing change to hear some optimism and positivity on the Lions forum. This is exactly what we need, as in adversity we all need to pull together and unite in securing a brighter future for our club. I do however think that the club, media ops and Trust are doing a sterling job in very difficult circumstances as to keeping us informed of the clubs goings on. To be fair the Watto/Salford/John Roddy/John Duffy story proved to be very difficult to handle due to its unique nature , political content and timing etc - hopefully never to be repeated. Great post tho Mark. onwards and upwards. the futures bright the future's royal blue!!! regards Ralph   

To respond from my own personal view but in full support of the board of management.

The decision made by Ian Watson was dropped on us immediately after the excellent victory against Rochdale a decision was made to seek a replacement as swiftly as possible in order to make use of the teams upsurge in form and I fully support that decision. We will never know if under Ian we would have stayed up but one thing for sure Swinton as a club couldn't have stood in his way and again we was as annoyed as anyone that a source at Salford leaked his departure.

Following my return from holiday I was told of the decision by Leigh to recall the loan players who I understand was told by Rowley to return to training at Leigh.... Any spectator myself included would have to direct the question to Leigh and Rowley for the correct answer so in my opinion it was difficult for the BOM to offer any explanation.

This season has seen our club become far more open with the fans than in many a year and long may that continue, fans can call on Steve, John, Dave and myself at any game to answer questions which will normally be met with response which you will be happy with. As with most organisations certain info has to remain confidential which I am sure everyone appreciates.

If we stop up or end up relegated one thing for certain is we will deal with it as a team right from the board, coaches, players and the most important people us the fans.