Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Ashton

AGM

86 posts in this topic

Congratulations Paul..im glad that people came out of the AGM happy..

I have not had the opportunity to review the accounts as I'm still overseas (7 weeks now!), however I hope they have been more honest than the last AGM we all walked away from happy. Before anyone has a go at me I really mean that!

I look at the history and think who predicted the downfall of the Des era..and the reality is...Neil Martin. Don't be too quick to shoot the messenger.

on that; no matter what FB and Rooster say I have no more comments to make other than I will see you all next season.

And your right Soss he was right in that instance. Unfortunately this time the Messanger seems to have got it wrong, but has continued to try and scare people and it has worked.

Let me start by saying i am happy for everyone who has come away positive about the future of the club as this is your club.

I may get criticized for reading between the lines and asking the questions that others think but don't ask but as I have said many times before my concerns has always been for the long term survival of the club.

Commitments have kept me away from attending games this year other than a couple of the early friendlies and doubt over attending next years games brings me to the conclusion to step back and no longer concern myself with the club.

On a final note I will sum up 2013

Previous AGM all came away feeling very positive for the future of the club

Followed by an announcement in the evening mail of a financial crisis at the club

A financial crisis meeting was held and all came away feeling positive for the future

Next was an announcement of a cash flow crisis

The clubs position was at all times predictable

So how did the club get out of the 2013 mess ? the accounts show that short term loans and a re mortgage of the ground got the club through followed by a disastrous season seeing the club relegated.

This is not a negative post but reality which no one appears to want to listen too.

Good luck to the club for the future and despite the digs from a few on here I have enjoyed the banter and hope everyone the best for the 2015 season.

If you'd of been there all would of been explained.

I honestly think you knew what was coming and after your months of drivel you didn't have the face to turn up and but put back in your place.

You get the digs as of the drivel you post nothing else.

You've tried your best to turn "fans" against the current bod some of which have listened.

Lee is right out club needs every fan onside now more than ever so help instead of hinder.

Peace out!

There is a full report of the AGM in tonight's Mail. Just to enlarge on the figures a little. They are printed correctly and as David Sharp said but to give some idea of the progress that has been made. The o/s debts at 2013 are £290,250. 2012 £377,521 2011 513,986. 2011 was the year that the Board changed and the debts were at their highest.

The regime of the Club changed in 2006 and the debts from then until 2010 were £441044, £537996, £503523, £508012 & 439,179. The figure at the end of the disastrous playing season in 2005 was £168,322. Hopefully from these figures can be seen that the Board are well on there way to getting back to the 2005 level.

I must mention that very few professional football or rugby clubs are free of debt and cash flow problems. These problems are therefore likely to continue. Prior to 2005 the club were obliged to sell 3 houses and obtain loans from some directors to obtain funding. For this reason all club expenditure (including players) must be very carefully budgeted and checked against income.

Before the AGM, because of what's happened this season, there has been a lot of gloom hovering over this site. Well, let's see. Up to now, 5864, yep, 5864 views and counting, on what happened at the AGM. Oh and 77 replies. I'll say it again, 5864. No interest? And people will be walking away from CP? Yer avin a giraffe.

Cheer up, it's not as if a storm is about to hit CP....oh, Sunday, yeah. See you there.

The figure of 5864 is made up of members, guests and anonymous. Only registered members can leave messages. This is only a small proportion of total readership. At he moment only 3 members are reading this together with 5 guests.

The figure of 5864 is made up of members, guests and anonymous. Only registered members can leave messages. This is only a small proportion of total readership. At he moment only 3 members are reading this together with 5 guests.

Correct I read this forum for years before coming a member to post.

It also counts multiple views and I've probably read this thread 20 times myself.

One of my points. You care. Lots do. Cheer up. We might be going to the Reccy again next season.

As regards this forum it has been as dull as dishwasher for long enough, thankfully numerous juicy topics like the agm, Goulding going, the club getting relegated, along with Neil & Mike posting again has breathed new life into it with a massive increase in traffic over the last few weeks, this forum when it is used properly is brilliant, far better than Facebook and Twitter imo lets hope it continues.

As regards this forum it has been as dull as dishwasher for long enough, thankfully numerous juicy topics like the agm, Goulding going, the club getting relegated, along with Neil & Mike posting again has breathed new life into it with a massive increase in traffic over the last few weeks, this forum when it is used properly is brilliant, far better than Facebook and Twitter imo lets hope it continues.

Couldn't agree more. I check it every day and missed commenting. I am now getting excited for next season, good AGM possibility of a great and popular local coach joining us and the bitterness seems to be receding; onwards and upwards...COME ON YOU RAIDERS! 

Couldn't agree more. I check it every day and missed commenting. I am now getting excited for next season, good AGM possibility of a great and popular local coach joining us and the bitterness seems to be receding; onwards and upwards...COME ON YOU RAIDERS! 

There's no need for bitterness, it's what drives fans away from posting, a few idiots spoil this forum.

At the end of the day we should have one common goal and that's the love of our great club, it's been a season to forget, but if the club get the right coach in asap the good times could easily be back.

I think we could all write a soap called "Craven Park", to compete with Corrie, we've certainly had enough words to do it, what we need now is action, the right coach would minimise the damage, and start to turn round this great club.