Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

cougars away-massive 3 pts up for grabs

73 posts in this topic

Looking at the table next weeks trip to cougar park seems to suddenly now have a lot more significance. We could, with a win , drag the cougars right back into the arm wrestle that is now apparent around the drop zone or aloss could allow them to make a bit of a gap between us. A good weeks preparation and there's no reason why the lads can't bring 3pts home and it feels a very big 3pts now even though theres lots of rugby still to be played yet.

Huge game for both our teams. Marchy is back and with a bit of luck Danny Jones also. It will be a very tense 80 mins

Huge game for both our teams. Marchy is back and with a bit of luck Danny Jones also. It will be a very tense 80 mins

well if you can't get up for beating 1 of the march brothers then you shouldn't be playing rugby. Hope his return gives our boys that added incentive to get a good win.

13 Jul KO:15:00ChampionshipRd: 19

Keighley Cougars v Workington Town

Cougar Park

Ref: T Roby

Touch J: J Lowery

Touch J: N Walker

Reserve: C McDonagh

M Com: D Milburn

13 Jul KO:15:00ChampionshipRd: 19

Keighley Cougars v Workington Town

Cougar Park

Ref: T Roby

Touch J: J Lowery

Touch J: N Walker

Reserve: C McDonagh

M Com: D Milburn

Interesting they have appointed a regular SL ref for this one - wonder if its got anything to do with March's return? hopefully should add to a decent fast game which should suit you 

I was thinking the same thing on the ref . He wasn't taking a verbal and body check off Mick Weyman lying down was he ?

Probably something in that

I was thinking the same thing on the ref . He wasn't taking a verbal and body check off Mick Weyman lying down was he ?

Probably something in that

Tim Roby is only in superleague due to the unwillingness of many better referees to go full time. Thomason and Leatherbarrow are better

He reffed Barrow Vs Whaven on sunday

Well , could be worse . Could be Phil Bentham . There are a few duds about . I agree about Leatherbarra , not so much ' holding down ' Thomason . May get pelters , but I'd put Hewer up there in our league to .

But the way of the world is they're fine when you win , and not so when you lose ! That's rugby , as seen by the letters pages

Well , could be worse . Could be Phil Bentham . There are a few duds about . I agree about Leatherbarra , not so much ' holding down ' Thomason . May get pelters , but I'd put Hewer up there in our league to .

But the way of the world is they're fine when you win , and not so when you lose ! That's rugby , as seen by the letters pages

totally agree on hewer. I would say he's the best ref we've had up here.

who would ever think them words would be written on here ha got to agree though..

One Wigan player we wont be getting - Gil Dudson banned for 3 games and fined £300 for a shoulder charge!!!!

I would guess that with Wigan being in France this wkend that it'll be sorted already who we are getting, same 3 as last week would be just fine.

And because he won't go full time he won't get to referee in superleague, so the lads in our league mainly have no upward progression and the superleague boys are safe irrespective of performance as there's no replacements. Then we as fans wonder why standards have dropped so dramatically!!!

Do you have to be full time ? I've seen guys from our league doing SL games . I thnk Thomason did one last week , and I think Hewer has to . It's poor if that's the criteria , a good ref is a good ref . Full time is a white elephant , it doesn't mean anything in terms of decision making . I don't think anyway .

One Wigan player we wont be getting - Gil Dudson banned for 3 games and fined £300 for a shoulder charge!!!!

i wouldn't swap one of our forwards anytime soon. And shacks is only a few weeks away.

I still think we good do with some fresh beef in the middle . Big Rowly has had a string of hard , hard games , and it's new territory for him . He looks a bit tired and maybe needs a spell . Olstrum and Rooney have been playing prop lately to , and even Coward isn't , in my opinion , tearing in like when on top form . I would like to see someone in to really bend the line, rough it up and play the ball quick . Like James did . Just to spell our lads , lighten the load and give us the grunt and yards we've lacked a fair bit this year in the middle third . The fringe guys are doing great stuff . The blokes have done the job ok , but just that bit extra we had last year ?

Thing is our pack at the moment is dominating all before them. And we had 2 very unlucky forwards in rooney and duerden who missed out on Sunday. Other than James the Wigan lads haven't shown me anything to want one over our lads. I would rather we just got manfredi,Murphy and tierney everyweek. Just my opinion though.

Oh and Joel Tompkins for a couple of games when fit.

I think our fringe forwards are dominating . But to me there's room for a bookend in that 17 . But there you go . PV said they talk about things Tuesday / Wednesday , so we'll see . The lads there are throwing themselves in , but I reckon it would be nice of Mr Wane to lend us a big lad to bend the line . Why he isn't already is an interesting one ?

shacks did a light session tonite on the field,19 training ,all local lads plus2 acadamy boys good to see

Do you have to be full time ? I've seen guys from our league doing SL games . I thnk Thomason did one last week , and I think Hewer has to . It's poor if that's the criteria , a good ref is a good ref . Full time is a white elephant , it doesn't mean anything in terms of decision making . I don't think anyway .

You don't have to be but its very rare to see the full time lads outside of superleague. Karl Kirkpatrick was forced out because he wouldn't go full time and he was a great referee. If your lot good enough full time won't make a difference just like with players.......

shacks did a light session tonite on the field,19 training ,all local lads plus2 acadamy boys good to see

Who were the academy boys?

You don't have to be but its very rare to see the full time lads outside of superleague. Karl Kirkpatrick was forced out because he wouldn't go full time and he was a great referee. If your lot good enough full time won't make a difference just like with players.......

Yeah , I agree . The raw material is there or it isnt