Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

The Commonwealth Games

182 posts in this topic

Watching the closing ceremony at present. Cut the speechifying and get Lulu back on!

Watching the closing ceremony at present. Cut the speechifying and get Lulu back on!

Speeches dragging on, but all of them put together are still shorter than the introduction to the first speech in Delhi last time 'round.

I thought the Gold Coast presentation was first class.

Any chance with the next games being in The Gold Coast, an RL area RL 9s could be an official sport?

The men's road race today was grim and gruelling to say the least. Glad England got a bronze, so close for the silver (darn Kiwi!) but really pleased for Thomas winning the gold.

Very happy too for Lizzie with her gold in the women's race.

Agreed. That wheel change seemed to take an eternity. For once I was pleased that they didn't have race radios as the chasers did not know Thomas had punctured. Something like 140 riders started the race and only 20 or so finished, it was that grim.

That was an astonishingly bad closing ceremony. Not one single redeemable feature, although the Gold Coast's segment was by far the worst. Shame, because it was a great 11 days.

Any chance with the next games being in The Gold Coast, an RL area RL 9s could be an official sport?

Unfortunately not...I believe the official sports are already in place and RL was not in the right 'tier' to be one of them. There's going to be another RL event like this year's though, I think.