Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckn

Cricket - England v India

82 posts in this topic

England don't really seem to like finishing off their opponents.

Can you imagine any other test nation where the local club's groundsman would be allowed to prepare a dead pitch to keep the money-men happy in a 5 day test?

Surely Nottinghamshire will get fined for the pitch. On the other hand both sides have to play on it

and India have already claimed the wicket of Cook

Last wicket, and Root has a century while Anderson has scored his first ever 50.

If I were running the ECB I'd be telling Trent Bridge that that's it for a few years, no more test matches unless they can step up their game in pitch management.  If the number 10 and 11 of India and number 11 of England can completely blow away their personal bests then it's a dead pitch.  Even Alastair Cook managed to get 5 runs!

:biggrin:

England don't really seem to like finishing off their opponents.

Groundhog day!

England aren't much good at this cricket lark these days are they?

....and the wickets continue to tumble. Should be all over before my 3pm meeting.

All done with 10 minutes to spare before my next meeting. 

Time for a tea break to recover from the 'excitement'...

Bye bye Bell

Bye bye Prior

Au Revoir Cook

Stokes first I would have thought!

His pair was a grand contribution to the defeat.

Seeing as there's an outbreak of norovirus at the Commonwealth Games athletes' village, we could send the England Cricket team there - they seem to be immune to the runs.

I think Anderson will be banned and Stokes bowled well enough to keep his place. It's presumably between him and Woakes.

And Woakes' dad never played rugby league.

;)

Matt Prior has stepped down

Goodbye Matt, and thanks for everything.

Come back for Sussex as a pure opening batsman and your England career could be resurrected.

Jesus wept Cooky, do yourself a favour man and step down. This has been awful for about a year now (including last summer's ashes).

I am very surprised that Cook is still the captain of the side; that said, who actually has the quality to step up and takeover?

There is nobody at the minute that is why cook is still there.

There is nobody at the minute that is why cook is still there.

There's nobody really filling one of the opener slots and the captaincy slot on the teamsheet as it stands.  They could have any living ex-captain come out of retirement, waddle between the wickets and still do both roles better than Cook at present.  Seriously, even if they gave the captaincy to Joe Root and he ballsed it up completely, how could he be doing a poorer job than Cook is now?

Seriously, even if they gave the captaincy to Joe Root and he ballsed it up completely, how could he be doing a poorer job than Cook is now?

Whilst I get your point, Root has barely cemented his place in the side... hence why Ramite's comment is probably quite true.

Whilst I get your point, Root has barely cemented his place in the side... hence why Ramite's comment is probably quite true.

I'd disagree, I think Root is probably the only batsman who is genuinely undroppable right now.

You could possibly add Ballance to that as well. As for making him captain I wouldn't want to see that , it would effect his batting. We have enough batsman out of form.

I know the there's-no-one-else argument and it's a perfectly valid reason why Cook wasn't sacked on the spot after the aussie tour, one of the most disgraceful efforts of recent decades, which is saying something.

But now it's got to the point where simply anyone will do. Carberry, Compton, Lees, Boycott's Mother would all get more runs and literally anyone could skipper the side better.

Make Bell the fall guy for the rest of the summer, he's senior player and doing sod all to justify his place anyway.

I know the there's-no-one-else argument and it's a perfectly valid reason why Cook wasn't sacked on the spot after the aussie tour, one of the most disgraceful efforts of recent decades, which is saying something.

But now it's got to the point where simply anyone will do. Carberry, Compton, Lees, Boycott's Mother would all get more runs and literally anyone could skipper the side better.

Make Bell the fall guy for the rest of the summer, he's senior player and doing sod all to justify his place anyway.

Boycott's Stick of Rhubarb could do a better job.

I hardly dare tempt fate, but Cook's on 67!