Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graham fisher

Warren Jowitt playing come back

49 posts in this topic

According to league express Warren could make a playing come back against us 27th July,he said he's got unfinished business at Dewsbury whatever that Is??

I have a great respect for warren as a determined and committed , not to mention skillful bloke both on and off the field but i sincerley hope for his sake that he is not playing again . The laws of nature determine that you cannot turn back the clock of time as my legs will testify .

It seems his unfinished business with Dewsbury is "personal"

Must be something in the water at Barrow, players long since retired making comebacks - like a scene from Cocoon.

Id hazard a guess that your forwards will have a field day targeting the old timer all afternoon and it could be slightly embarrassing for wozza the original ostrich.

Absolutely pathetic. Goulding is making a mockery of Barrow. What's to gain from Jowitt playing against Dewsbury? Nothing whatsoever, apart from the promise of exacting some sort of baseless, personal 'revenge'. I'd be alarmed if a coach was using my club in this manner.

Mick Murphy anyone?

:superman:

Wozza certainly looked the part smashing minors into the turf playing for moor with matthew walker a few years back

He will be lucky to last ten minutes. If Barrow are struggling for players I'm sure there are some good amateurs who would fancy a go at semi pro in Cumbria. They are all but relegated it's hardly forward looking.

What wonderful news. Can Batley season ticket holders still get in for a fiver ?

Bobby Goulding said 'Imagine how thier forwards will feel coming up against him' ? Reading between the lines can only be a threat of foul play as otherwise Jowett will last 10 minutes, do 3 drives and gain a total of 11 meters.  

Morons!

I had to check it wasn't April 1 . Personal eh ? What did you guys do to offend him so much ??!!!

To be fair to warren from what iv heard he's in decent shape and been playing union. Don't get why he feels he as something to prove though, did a good job as a player for the rams and did well as head coach apart from his final season when clearly a change was needed. I'm not going to slate warren because he did a lot good for the club but if he as some sort of revenge he wants against us as a club I'm shocked! I doubt makali aizue will be worried mind

Adds abit of spice to match but barrow are becoming abit laughable. Goulding, wazza.. Who next Gary schofield?

Absolutely laughable. What exactly does he expect to achieve by doing this?

What wonderful news. Can Batley season ticket holders still get in for a fiver ?

Bobby Goulding said 'Imagine how thier forwards will feel coming up against him' ? Reading between the lines can only be a threat of foul play as otherwise Jowett will last 10 minutes, do 3 drives and gain a total of 11 meters.  

Morons!

Bobby Goulding are making barrow a laughing stock!!! Can't imagine our forwards having any worries coming up against Warren. I'll not knock Warren for what he did for the club as a player and coach but the time came for a change,so I can't think why he's got some unfinished business!!

To be fair to warren from what iv heard he's in decent shape and been playing union. Don't get why he feels he as something to prove though, did a good job as a player for the rams and did well as head coach apart from his final season when clearly a change was needed. I'm not going to slate warren because he did a lot good for the club but if he as some sort of revenge he wants against us as a club I'm shocked! I doubt makali aizue will be worried mind

He's being playing vets rugby union, but that's a million miles from semi pro ruby league. The club could use it for publicity, might get a few more on the gate. But the only risk is he takes out one of our players.

Is there such things as

Publicity stunts in sport still???

;)

He's being playing vets rugby union, but that's a million miles from semi pro ruby league. The club could use it for publicity, might get a few more on the gate. But the only risk is he takes out one of our players.

Loved Warren as a player, but if he still feels fit enough to play, why did he retire in the first place. There were times during his tenure, that we cried out for a big aggresive forward in the pack, but I don't think he ever dusted off his boots for the good of the team. Once asked a mate, an ex Trojans prop known for his "no nonsense" approach to the game if he fancied coming out of retirement, and he said "nah - wouldn't last twenty". As an afterthought he added  "mind, I could do a lot of damage in twenty". Maybe that's Warrens mindset.

Loved Warren as a player, but if he still feels fit enough to play, why did he retire in the first place. There were times during his tenure, that we cried out for a big aggresive forward in the pack, but I don't think he ever dusted off his boots for the good of the team. Once asked a mate, an ex Trojans prop known for his "no nonsense" approach to the game if he fancied coming out of retirement, and he said "nah - wouldn't last twenty". As an afterthought he added  "mind, I could do a lot of damage in twenty". Maybe that's Warrens mindset.

It's a bit like you buying a motor bike GOR - living in the past.

(Scott Squirrels eh?)

Publicity stunt?? Might get a few more on the gate?? This is Warren Jowitt that we're talking about. Hardly Ellery Hanley, is he?

I can just envisage the excited conversations in the pubs of Barrow prior to the game; "Hey, Charlie! Some bloke who played for a few Super League clubs and was always injured is coming out of retirement to play for us today! Go get a taxi hailed right this minute! Wouldn't want to miss this one!".

It's a bit like you buying a motor bike GOR - living in the past.

(Scott Squirrels eh?)

Would already have one if it wasn't for the bag for life, BSJ. Always fancied a Norton Comando myselt, but the nearest I ever got was an "I'll do it up one day Velocette". Marriage put paid to all that nonsense. :(

as a Raiders fan I dispair ... its been a season to forget and it just gets worse !!

In Barrows predicament should Goulding be looking towards youth and building for their season in the bottom tier in the hope they can bounce back; Stupidity in the highest degree;

Scotty watches batley on a regular basis but he must spectate in awe as the game has changed dramatically.

Ps someone please tell fisher not to push in the scrum