Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith T

Who will be the unlucky 10th?

54 posts in this topic

After coming out of that awful league it's gonna be a hell of a shock for the promoted team next year . Every single week.

Predictions time :-   Using crystal balls and some logic I predict the finishing positions and points will be :-

5th - Dewsbury - 50points

6th - Sheffield   - 50 points

7th - Batley       - 48 points

8th - Town        - 48 points

9th - Haven      - 46 points

10th - Keighley - 42 points

Let's see who gets closest at the end!!!!

Predictions time :-   Using crystal balls and some logic I predict the finishing positions and points will be :-

5th - Dewsbury - 50points

6th - Sheffield   - 50 points

7th - Batley       - 48 points

8th - Town        - 48 points

9th - Haven      - 46 points

10th - Keighley - 42 points

Let's see who gets closest at the end!!!!

I see my posts have been copied word for word on the Haven forum.

They aren't anti-Haven, just an assessment of my views looking at the games remaining........I don't mind repeating that they have 5 tough games out of 7, and so have Keighley

Sad people really.......

I see my posts have been copied word for word on the Haven forum.

They aren't anti-Haven, just an assessment of my views looking at the games remaining........I don't mind repeating that they have 5 tough games out of 7, and so have Keighley

Sad people really.......

All six teams have seven tough games left, they will become even tougher as teams get more desperate to clinch 9th or above. I think it a bit arrogant of people to single other teams out as having "tougher" fixtures than their own team.

Some games are tougher on paper than others . That's a fact .

All six teams have seven tough games left, they will become even tougher as teams get more desperate to clinch 9th or above. I think it a bit arrogant of people to single other teams out as having "tougher" fixtures than their own team.

its called opinions and everyone has one. Is Leigh away harder than north wales? Of course it is, is fax away more difficult than Rochdale at home? Yep. So there's no arrogance from anyone just opinions and observations.

Deffo not arrogance marra, just opinions as others have said. You can't predict anything in this league, we could easily lose at home on Sunday and haven win at fax, it wouldn't be a suprise. Anyhow if the Fax players read Woods bit in the N&S last night they will be quaking in their boots........be afraid, be very very afraid. ;)

Someone needs to read the definition of arrogance

There have been many unusual and one-off results and reversals of form this season and it will still happen over the next 7 games

Whether 1 team has a harder fixture list than others is opinion and only that. I think Haven and Keighley have 5 hard games out of 7 to come - my opinion. Others may think its only 2 hard games - who knows.

The Championship table is the best guide to overall season form and would suggets that it will be nearer 5 hard games than 2 for those 2 teams

However, Town seem to be generating a bit of a roll with some good form that would reverse some of the league placings if it happened all season - long may it continue

Of course it's only individuals opinions.    Are fans on the Haven forum being arrogant every week when they predict what score Haven's next match will be?    No they are not, they are merely giving their opinion.

We have had all sorts of rubbish thrown at us about BP's over the season but IF Haven win 3 of their last 7 matches and pick up a bonus point in each of the other 4 they will have a record of 13 unbeaten games (13 wins) plus 7 bonus points.   IF Town win 5 of their remaining matches and pick up just 1 BP then they will have a record of 13 unbeaten matches (12 wins and a draw) and 10 bonus points, showing the value of our good defence over the season.   These are of course only my personal opinions of how I see the games going just as fans on the Haven forum do with theirs.

It is difficult to predict what will happen as "easier" games may become more difficult due to normal upsets, external factors eg sending offs, suspensions, dual reg etc

The only certainty is that there will be many twists and turns over the next few weeks

dewsbury 51, haven 48, sheffield 47, town 46, batley 44, kieghley 42. haven playing well at the moment if they can keep seymour fit this how i think it could finish, he has been brill signing for them without him i think they would av been already down

RFL has confirmed that because it's SL 2 , next years competition will have the same rule as SL and FIVE OVERSEAS PLAYERS are allowed !!

Yes get in, we will finally see those Tongans play for us.......

Just as well , because if Scotland go independent we'll already have 4 in Szostak , the Phillips boys and McCarter ...

Well MACCA57 i don,t know how you have worked it out.but i hope your right.just lets hope that both teams stop up,

I would love to see haven thumped on sunday to bring a few jam pots down to earth . Although I do think it's important we both stay up.

Whitehaven have hardest fixtures not keighley

but Whitehaven are a better side than keighley.

Whatever it says on paper , this is the time of season when every game is hard . There'll be a few banana skins yet waiting for some teams . The ones who avoid them and find some consistency and form until the line will survive. We've seen in football , strange things happen late in the season as teams fight for their future or just fight with freedom to play , or for new contracts etc . No easy earned points . We have some momentum and that's important.

but Whitehaven are a better side than keighley.

Both Haven and Keighley have 4 'difficult' games out of the remaining 6 IMO

In addition, Haven have a points difference that is over 100 points worse than Keighley at the moment - that could be crucial

Both Haven and Keighley have 4 'difficult' games out of the remaining 6 IMO

In addition, Haven have a points difference that is over 100 points worse than Keighley at the moment - that could be crucial

I just think haven have the ability to go out and beat the top teams, as they have done already this year. I don't think the fev game is a foregone conclusion on Sunday. Personally think keighley go down, but as long as it's not us I don't care.

Bumped up to top for the remaining fixtures of all clubs in contention for 5th relegation place.

I think our biggest advantage is the teams around us all play each other in that 4 week spell. Looking at it I think batley are in massive trouble, you would fancy haven to beat them comfortably.

Looked at the back page of a League Express for a few weeks ago.

We were 5th bottom 5 points behind Haven in 6th bottom and our points difference was only 14 better than theirs.

Now we're 6 points ahead in the table and 109 points better difference - this shows how the recent run has had a great impact on our position in the table.