Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidM

Rowley slams DR

25 posts in this topic

Interesting , as we discuss DR so much , that Leigh's Paul Rowley is the latest championship 'super club' coach who has no need for it , to openly criticise the DR system. After a Jacob Miller and Ben Crooks inspired Donny took their unbeaten record , the Leigh boss fumed ' how are we supposed to review ? How can we review an NRL halfback and SL dream team player ? If that is the way we are going we may as well not have a level three coaching course , as a big part of that is review . It's tantamount to manipulation of results in some cases , and it's wrong . It doesn't sit comfortably with me . You could if you wanted take it to the extreme.... Have a SL coach who dislikes a championship coach , manipulate their partner club in that week to get a result . Five quality players coming in is a farce . '

Close your eyes and it could be Darryl Powell circa 2012 . And I'm sure Leigh had a link with Wigan when they weren't so high n mighty ? These guys should realise , what goes around comes around ... Fev have.

Look after your own Paul ... Oh and your loanies

It's a joke isn't it. The dummy is out after 1 defeat? Well I hope one of our dual reg scores the winner against them at lsv just to upset him some more.

Rowley is correct to some degree

We are having a moan about our DR relationship this year, which is no where near what is was last year

Rowley is right that Crooks and Miller turning out for Donny isn't what DR should be about

Neither is Gelling at Town from Wigan and Goulding or Charnely, however much we'd like them

Neither is O'Donnell at Rochdale

Regular/proven SL players aren't DR for me

It can skew the League results un-neccessarily

However Rowley knows the system by now. He's had Hopkins from Wigan. He had a huge squad at the start of the season and have signed more since. Just take the defeat on the chin

Fowler is correct but this is the wrong time to be so vocal I.e. After a defeat

DR was wrong at the outset and rules have been relaxed since making it a complete mockery

Because they have massive backers they think they're above everyone. Fev were the same but now the has hit the fan they have dual reg players coming in. Hypocrisy at the highest level they need to understand that it's what's making the competition interesting rather than throwing the toys out of the pram. They need to realise they nearly went bust 2 years ago.

Twice

It must be nice to be located where Leigh are and have a good financial backer. He needs to be a bit more gracious in defeat. How does the famous saying go " you can't win em all"!

With their squad , and reinforcements , a couple of DR players , probably even five , shouldn't be enough to topple them anyway ? Maybe he's peeved they're not as advanced as he thought . They've squeezed home more than once lately .

He went down in my estimation when he heard that Hopkins had played 1 game for Town at Barrow and he invoked an agreement that if he was going out "on loan" to anyone it had to be Leigh.    With all the players he had at his disposal he still needed Hopkins back at Leigh!!!!!   I wonder what sort of a coach he would be if he had only 19 players to work with?

Spoke to him after the Leigh match and he is so far up his own backside it is unbelievable!!!

We should go down there and take them home record too and get Jamie Acton on the bus home!! Up the town and the dr player of the week

We should go down there and take them home record too and get Jamie Acton on the bus home!! Up the town and the dr player of the week

best get the Hannibal mask out.

Rowley is correct to some degree

We are having a moan about our DR relationship this year, which is no where near what is was last year

Rowley is right that Crooks and Miller turning out for Donny isn't what DR should be about

Neither is Gelling at Town from Wigan and Goulding or Charnely, however much we'd like them

Neither is O'Donnell at Rochdale

Regular/proven SL players aren't DR for me

It can skew the League results un-neccessarily

However Rowley knows the system by now. He's had Hopkins from Wigan. He had a huge squad at the start of the season and have signed more since. Just take the defeat on the chin

Crooks is a 19 year old lad out of favour at Hull who had an outstanding half a season. If Rowley cant beat Doncaster with a full time squad against a team who had two players who are in the cold at Hull that shows how far away from a superleague team that Leigh are!!

That's right . Miller was terrible for hull , and you're right , Crooks has been upped to superstar status on half a good season . Less said about the challenge cup final ... Rowley is definitely peeved

Hypocritical and bitter. I guess his clubs dual registration arrangement with Wigan last season - when Leigh were in a financial mess, was a total figment of everyone's imaginations. Perhaps Leigh's dual registration arrangement with Warrington in 2010 - when they used a range of Warrington first team squad members across the season, never happened?

Nice piece of hypocrisy there, thrown down from his newly constructed Ivory tower no doubt. Lets just hope they dont get into debt again and need Wigan to save them from implosion with financial help and a DR arrangement.

Talking of one eyed coaches ... Brian McDermott defends Kevin Sinfield after his disgraceful head butt . These things happen , it was momentary , he feels bad enough ... And Dorn isn't going to be walking round swathes in bandages all week .

Is this the same coach who banged on about thuggery after the Leigh game ??

Wonder how St Kev will be dealt with by the disciplinary ...

Talking of one eyed coaches ... Brian McDermott defends Kevin Sinfield after his disgraceful head butt . These things happen , it was momentary , he feels bad enough ... And Dorn isn't going to be walking round swathes in bandages all week .

Is this the same coach who banged on about thuggery after the Leigh game ??

Wonder how St Kev will be dealt with by the disciplinary ...

You'd think he was playing Penrice the way he lost it !!

Challenge cup semi .. Then final down the line . Keep your eye on St Kev's ban , if any . Peacock was allowed to punch a bloke three times in the head

Rowley should be more worried about sneakily tapping players up behind the backs of clubs than worrying about DR,with the squad of players at his disposal why should he worry about town using a wigan player when he has so many players to fill every position,it's ok for him with his finances and his big squad, so why the big cryout when a big club like wigan lend us a player for one game,and has i have said at the beginning he needs to put his own house in order before having a go at other clubs.

I sat behind Rowley and his little gang at D.P. and he came across as quite an objectionable little so and so, he had to take a verbal or two from a group of young lads sitting behind me, and an odd quip or two from me, (believe it or not, what me!!!!!!)Was not happy about how the clock seemed to be going along at 60 seconds every minute when they were trying to set up for a 1 pointer at the end, but hey ho, there was also a director there who got pretty animated during the game and he took a bit of flack but i digress, Rowley accused us of being cheating fatherless people, and it, whatever it was should not be allowed, can't recall my reply but sure it was worthy, Now, to the director gadgey mentioned earlier, in't bar after, when replying to our Mr Fryer his first words were 'we do not look to take the bonus from teams no matter what it looks like' so that's alright then, he  also told me that he and three of his fellow directors stood to lose £300,000 between them should they not finish at or near the top, as that was the sum Leigh would fall short of not being in i assume the top two, to my mind though, if they run a £300'000 deficit this season, do they not start next season that figure short, as next years money has to pay for this years excess, may be wrong but thats what the bloke told me, 

He did us a favour tonight though -  Leigh 30 v Keighley 0.   LOL