See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

17/07/14 - Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • Castleford Tigers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

311 posts in this topic

Discuss Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers here.

2 full squads on show tonight - could be a classic but I fear Leeds will have too much for us.

26-14

If you going in believing your going to lose then you probably will !!

And trust me, I know a lot about losing!!! lol

If you going in believing your going to lose then you probably will !!

And trust me, I know a lot about losing!!! lol

Nothing I can do will influence the result today but thanks for your concern

What about if you went to cheer them on or make a massive banner or paint you face- do you that could have some influence? Maybe all the fans should save their money and not go if you don't think the fans can't make a difference.

What about if you went to cheer them on or make a massive banner or paint you face- do you that could have some influence? Maybe all the fans should save their money and not go if you don't think the fans can't make a difference.

What a silly point. KT was just giving his opinion on how he thought the game would go, which is the point of this discussion thread. Expressing balanced opinions on your own team rather than just blind optimism should be applauded.

C*s on telly again? Still, as much as it hurts me to say, they're playing some good rugby

To the Big Gun - I would say that KT is adding negative vibes against his how team - how can that be a balanced opinion?

I just hope that none of the Cas players read his comments!!!

If I was a Rhino player, I'd be thinking that all I need to do tonight is just turn up!!! lol

2 full squads on show tonight - could be a classic but I fear Leeds will have too much for us.

26-14

It could be and should be a classic. Cas have brought so much to the season already, and show no signs of letting up. Both teams have semis on the horizon but still a little while off. Another Thursday night thriller, please, to remind us why we love this game. I like both these clubs, and a draw would be good for Wigan, so that gets my vote.

The return of Zak Hardaker. Dun, dun, dun....

Still at least on this televised clash the RFL have prepared for any more FBC slip ups from Jamie Peacock with Ben Thaler and Phil Bentham as ref and video ref. :biggrin:

To the Big Gun - I would say that KT is adding negative vibes against his how team - how can that be a balanced opinion?

I just hope that none of the Cas players read his comments!!!

If I was a Rhino player, I'd be thinking that all I need to do tonight is just turn up!!! lol

If I close my eyes really, really, really tight and make a big wish will that keep Bradford up?

To Hindle

This discussion topic is about the Castleford and Leeds game tonight and having balanced opinions .... la la laaaaaaaa lol.

I wish Bradford would stay up - I think it would be good if they could do it against the odds and for the Bradford community. I wish they could get enough points so that by adding 6 more would mean that they would've stay in the Super League, then that would be a one hell of a court battle!!

Cheers

Dave

To Hindle

This discussion topic is about the Castleford and Leeds game tonight and having balanced opinions .... la la laaaaaaaa lol.

I wish Bradford would stay up - I think it would be good if they could do it against the odds and for the Bradford community. I wish they could get enough points so that by adding 6 more would mean that they would've stay in the Super League, then that would be a one hell of a court battle!!

Cheers

Dave

I'm just yanking your chain! You're right, that can sprial dangerously off-topic so I'll get back to talking about boo Leeds and classy Cas, everyone's favourite underdog.

I tipped Leeds in the Superbru - only by 8, I think - Headingley advantage plays wonders most of the time but I think Cas will run them close.

The thing with the Rhinos is that they stay calm due to their experience and save their energy where as a lot of teams out there panic and try to force things too much wasting energy. Most of the time Rhino are leading by half time.

Ifs its a close game, Rhinos get white hot in the 2nd Half and all the energy reserves kick in!!!

From what I've seen of Cas', they just need to calm it down a bit when theres nowhere to go and turned it up with the glowing opportunities. Also Cas' will need more energy in Defence especially towards the end if they are going to take it.

I hope theres not too much expectancy on it being a Classic otherwise that won't happen.

On the other side of things - if Cas' can put everything in and turn it into a fast game (and get points for their hard-work) - it might exhaust the Rhnos in the end as their players are older hence why they try to slow things down until it suits them.

Got a sneaky feeling for Cas in this one. Both sides like to use the full width of the pitch and both have great outside backs. A broken game will also see Clarke and Burrow come into their own.

I'm edging on a Cas win because DP came across as unhappy after the win against Huddersfield. While at Fev such comments usually resulted in a far more focused performance the following week.

Cas by 4.

I reckon a draw - if Cas' play it right but Sinfield's conversions deciding it either way. Just lately his kicks from out wide are off the mark in my opinion - not good enough for a kicker of his standard and has cost Leeds the match - The last few games Leeds have lost have just been by 2 points which tells you something.

The thing with the Rhinos is that they stay calm due to their experience and save their energy where as a lot of teams out there panic and try to

I hope theres not too much expectancy on it being a Classic otherwise that won't happen.

you said I should expect Cas to win then it will happen so why not think it'll be a classic then THAT will happen.

ALso - you seem to know a lot about the game so why all those silly threads about teaching kids?

Looking forward to this. Leeds to win... just.

Not quite KT !!! Too much expectancy on something can lead to too much pressure which will lead to complacency and mistakes !! The balance has got to be right in my humble opinion (sorry that sounds really dork-ish lol).

This is the answer to your 2nd question which . Before my 'silly threads about how to teach kids' I was just like a parent/helper/learner of rugby. Now, I have learn't such a lot since in short space of time that it makes me more of a Novice which now means that I am a different person as I am many more times knowledgable and also worthy of having an opinion on the game.

Its not what you were that matters - its what you are now that matters!!! Its not what you were yesterday that matters - its who you are today that matters!! I'm feeling all inspirational.

Not quite KT !!! Too much expectancy on something can lead to too much pressure which will lead to complacency and mistakes !! The balance has got to be right in my humble opinion (sorry that sounds really dork-ish lol).

This is the answer to your 2nd question which . Before my 'silly threads about how to teach kids' I was just like a parent/helper/learner of rugby. Now, I have learn't such a lot since in short space of time that it makes me more of a Novice which now means that I am a different person as I am many more times knowledgable and also worthy of having an opinion on the game.

Its not what you were that matters - its what you are now that matters!!! Its not what you were yesterday that matters - its who you are today that matters!! I'm feeling all inspirational.

you're keeping it up very well I have to say

Cheers - I think we should all enjoy the game tonight!! Looking forward to quick beer in front of the TV thats for sure.

Leeds better win or my little corner of God's own county will be a living nightmare now all the lapsed Cas supporters have crawled out of the woodwork!