Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

17/07/14 - Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • Castleford Tigers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

311 posts in this topic

Is this argument about violent conduct or bad tackles?

And if you're going to list those 6 incidents from round 21 as potentially career ending, then you should probably include every tackle, every time a player is running and changes direction (could get studs stuck in the ground and break an ankle) etc.

Sinfield shouldn't have done what he did, I didn't see it as a particularly bad headbutt (I've stated my reasoning earlier in the thread). I was more bothered by what he was saying beforehand.

Is that a clear brush under the carpet if ever there was one Terry? lol

If I find examples of 10 needless career affectling tackles/incidents made in the SL this year, will you eat your words and admit that more needs to be done to reduce it?

I know of two incidents already which grabbed the head-lines for the wrong reasons:-

1) KS head-butt

2) Hock tackling referree could have had serious consequences also.

Nothing brushed under the carpet but hardly a long line of career ending violence,which is something you claim the game is full of.Rugby League is a contact sport,incidents happen but not as many as you seem to believe.Once again,try listening to people who have far more experience within the sport.

Would you say Zidanes head butt was more violent than Sinfields? Or the Suarez biting incidents.It would appear soccer is far more violent than Rugby League,wouldn't you agree?

I haven't seen Just Browny around for a while...

:whistle:

*giggles*

Terry, sometimes being too experienced in something can tend to make you blinkered vision which is why my input is just as valuable as anyone elses.

For example, more companies should listen to new fresh Graduates more than they currently do as they bring fresh thought,concepts and ideas which would be in the companies best interests. Its a shame that more companies don't listen more to new employees!! Same with this Forum or anywhere else where new people enter they fray!! The new employees are often seen as a threat and we don't want the new boys getting promoted over us do we??? mentality.

Believe me,you are in no way perceived as a threat.My company have just employed 5 graduates and they have brought some very interesting developments to my chosen industry.Hardly the mentality of someone who feels threatened.Enjoy the rest of your time inRugby League.If you come up with practical ways to improve the game,please don't hesitate to share them with us on this forum,where newcomers are always welcome.

Why should I believe you? From the way I've been disrespected I wouldn't want to work for you - I think you would over-rule every suggestion I'd make.

Why should I believe you? From the way I've been disrespected I wouldn't want to work for you - I think you would over-rule every suggestion I'd make.

When have you been disrespected,unless any view that doesn't agree with yours is disrespectful?Enjoy the forum.

Read over this topic - it wasn't you. I found being called fake or wind-up merchant a bit offensive after a while.

And time to let the topic rest.  Play nicely people.