Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

17/07/14 - Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • Castleford Tigers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

311 posts in this topic

more Miggy than Belle Isle,which is the most mis-named suburb ever!

Tis the way of these things.

Avoiding any area, or street named Mount Pleasant is usually a good idea.

To Harrigan - its good to vent off somewhere and learning to vent to the right people is even better.

For you, if this isn't the place to be then why are you still here?

I didn't say here. Here's ok. I said team forums and twitter. I don't even check those places after games because it's depressing.

I liked they way the players gave massive respect to each other at the end of the game - hugs and clasping hands - you never see that in football or many other team sports. If the players respect the other team then that should give us more reason to do the same.

And if some one of our own fans is shouting abuse at a player or another fan then its our duty to ask the fan not to do that. I asked some kids not to shout swearing the other team on one occasion - they said sorry and stopped straight away. They just needed someone to ask them not to do that.

What do you think caused my twitter activity - I'll tell you want caused it, a bloke who I had a lot of respect for tarring every cas fan with the same brush because his son got stick by cas fans, then calling me for daring to suggest that Ablett was lucky with his first try - you don't think he was lucky? THEN having to read that 'the inbreds' are enjoying their cup final and that the 'cas scummers' got sinfield sent off

I have nothing but respect for Leeds as I've shown on many occasions but tonight showed just how little respect many of them have for little old cas - not RL fans at all

The ablett tweet was a joke.It wasn't stick,it wasn't banter it was full on hatred and abuse.It would also appear that you are tarring all Leeds fans with the same brush.So tell me keni,did I really post all that?

The ablett tweet was a joke.It wasn't stick,it wasn't banter it was full on hatred and abuse.It would also appear that you are tarring all Leeds fans with the same brush.So tell me keno,did I really post all that?

I never said you did

What do you think caused my twitter activity - I'll tell you want caused it, a bloke who I had a lot of respect for tarring every cas fan with the same brush because his son got stick by cas fans, then calling me for daring to suggest that Ablett was lucky with his first try - you don't think he was lucky? THEN having to read that 'the inbreds' are enjoying their cup final and that the 'cas scummers' got sinfield sent off

I have nothing but respect for Leeds as I've shown on many occasions but tonight showed just how little respect many of them have for little old cas - not RL fans at all

Cas has always been my favourite rivalry and I've been a Leeds fan since I was 10. I love the atmosphere and the intensity the games at your place have always brought and IMO it's always far outshone the Bradford games.

A lot of abuse gets thrown around both ways though and Leeds fans love to look down and mock little old Cas as being our backward neighbours, the same way I have friends from the Lancashire clubs who like to call Leeds sheep s***ers, r***ists and something to do with Jimmy Saville.

Let it slide like water off a ducks back. Some people think it's banter. Let them get on with it and don't lower yourself to their level.

carl ablett should get a ban aswell, flicking the v's at the cas fans is not good.

That is a bit harsh Shuners.

He merely responded, in a spirit of openness, to an honest question from a Castlefordian about his IQ . 

Why bring Belle Isle into this?

Ironically, I just read a disgusting comment on Facebook by a Leeds fan aimed at Thaler so I clicked on the guys profile.

He's from Belle Isle :lol:

Made me laugh it did.

Ironically, I just read a disgusting comment on Facebook by a Leeds fan aimed at Thaler so I clicked on the guys profile.

He's from Belle Isle :lol:

Made me laugh it did.

Hence the origin of the term Belle end?  :ph34r:

Fantastic tweet,"Leeds are firmly behind skipper",says JJB.They aren't going to stand in front of him after tonight,are they.

And that's why people who can't detect irony & hint of sarcasm shouldn't read posts after a game.

Cas were lucky tonight - leeds & Wigan in the grand final despite phil Clarke tipping Cas for the double - crazy talk....

He didn't tip them for the double, he said they are a team capable of doing the double. So are Leeds, and Warrington other teams are capable but not in one of the competitions necessary.

He didn't tip them to win both but said they are capable. There is a massive difference.

He didn't tip them for the double, he said they are a team capable of doing the double. So are Leeds, and Warrington other teams are capable but not in one of the competitions necessary.

He didn't tip them to win both but said they are capable. There is a massive difference.

Thanks Padge.

The voice of reason.

Hetherington will be representing Sinfield at the hearing. He'll be demanding that Dorn gets a ban as well ... for recklessly endangering Sinfield's forehead.

Is it me or is Watkins doing nothing at the moment?

For his talent he seeks to hold back.

He had one big running chance at the end and just stopped to pass.

He may have been injured but over many games ive seen hes not the influence I thought he might be.

how can he get one when the minimum is 3 he might get one off for an early plea i'll go with two and a pat on the back.

How can he get one he might get one? What drugs are you on

May I remind you of your own posts.Again,true colours.

maybe you should try going to a game

maybe you should try going to a game

Up until this season I was a season ticket holder for nearly 30 years.Sons various sports training nights clash with games.HTH.

I'm a Leeds fan and feel sorry for Kevin Sinfield. However, Graham Hocks got banned for a 7 games for bumping into a referee where the referee didn't even seem to get hurt.

In my opinion head butting is a more severe form of assault and could have resulting face surgery for the other guys. I think Kev needs to learn to express himself more in life in general - he seems very emotionless at times. Its as thought maybe he is too disconnected from more of the positive emotions in life.

So Kevin should get at least a 7 game ban in my opinion.

I'm a Leeds fan and feel sorry for Kevin Sinfield. However, Graham Hocks got banned for a 7 games for bumping into a referee where the referee didn't even seem to get hurt.

In my opinion head butting is a more severe form of assault and could have resulting face surgery for the other guys. I think Kev needs to learn to express himself more in life in general - he seems very emotionless at times. Its as thought maybe he is too disconnected from more of the positive emotions in life.

So Kevin should get at least a 7 game ban in my opinion.

Oh dear.

Again, Sinfield has never been banned before in his career. Hock has. Previous for touching referees and a lengthy ban record. That's where the difference is here.

I think Kev needs to learn to express himself more in life in general - he seems very emotionless at times. Its as thought maybe he is too disconnected from more of the positive emotions in life.

I bet you read the Guardian.

;):biggrin:

Hetherington will be representing Sinfield at the hearing. He'll be demanding that Dorn gets a ban as well ... for recklessly endangering Sinfield's forehead.

I don't think anything exists that could damage that forehead.....except maybe danny broughs forehead.

Fairly typical bile ridden thread...

A fantastic game of rugby league, packed to the rafters, a thrill a minute, skill, power, passion and controversy and after weeks of world cup - a breath of fresh clean air....

All those who attended got the added bonus of not listening to the dull and negative commentary provided by Stevo - who hardly paid any credit.

But hey - lets ignore all that and have a ##### fest instead (again) :tomato:

Some say Kevin Sinfield momentarily broke his cool, calm and collected persona.

I say he finally showed he had a bit of personality!

Now for James Roby to prove himself as he now stands alone as Super League's dullest super star.