Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

17/07/14 - Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • Castleford Tigers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

311 posts in this topic

Anyone notice Peacock put his hand round Dorn's throat? He did the same thing to Bateman earlier in the year. Someone needs to have a word with him about that. Shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

This happened in both Leeds v Wigan games this season and nothing was done about it. Let's face it, if Peacock did what Hock's just been found guilty of it's highly likely that the referee would be suspended.

Regarding personity - I see examples in real life where there an bottling up all their emotions do their best to look like there are hard.

In the end, it could be 5, 10, 15 years later - eventually they lash out due to all the frustration building up. I think thats what happened with Kev.

But as I tried to say, Kev need to let in and experience and express more joy and passion just in every day life rather than hide who he is really is. That will become more important as hes getting to the end of his career and more frustrations will be inevitable.

I think it's a shame that the Cas fans have had to suffer disrespect dressed as "banter" from the Leeds fans. I have seen this trend to criticise supporters, and think it does the game no favours.

I think it's a shame that the Cas fans have had to suffer disrespect dressed as "banter" from the Leeds fans. I have seen this trend to criticise supporters, and think it does the game no favours.

Cas fans also show great disrespect towards Leeds again disguised as "banter".The abuse my son got yesterday certainly wasn't "banter".

General warning & temporary lock:

Please try, from this point on in the thread, to discuss THE GAME, and avoid the name-calling, the slagging people off, or the attempt to justify either, for whatever reason.

If you have issues about crowd behaviour, report them to the club and/or the police, don't bring it on here, it'll achieve nothing.

If you can't do that, find another forum to post the abuse because it isn't welcome or appreciated on here.

I don't have time to go back and try to remove all the garbage posted already, so you'll all just have to manage to draw a line under it yourselves.

If this thread continues in that vein, the people causing it will be suspended and the thread will be locked.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Thread will re-open shortly when everyone has had the opportunity to read and digest the above warning.

Very enjoyable game to watch as a neutral. Personally thought Cas did enough to win it and I certainly think that the disallowed try should have been given.

Never thought I'd see Sinfield get sent off!

One thing I did notice last night,Thaler kept calling "clear" after a pass had been completed,possibly indicating no obstruction.

One thing I did notice last night,Thaler kept calling "clear" after a pass had been completed,possibly indicating no obstruction.

Yeah I noticed that, either clear or ok. Though there was a lot less obstruction calls last night than of late, so the players and coaches have obviously got a grip on it now. Ironically the one VR decision for Obstruction in my opinion was a bit harsh.

Some say Kevin Sinfield momentarily broke his cool, calm and collected persona.

I say he finally showed he had a bit of personality!

Now for James Roby to prove himself as he now stands alone as Super League's dullest super star.

I was going to like this, but I have reached my positive like quota for the day already, obviously a lot of good stuff today.

I agree, tbh whilst it is not great seeing players react like this, I find it fascinating, that is what sport is all about, players being pushed to their limits, and finally Sinfield snapped, which is something I have never seen. 

Players lose it from time to time, there are disciplinary procedures in place, I expect a couple of matches ban at worst - he's hardly going round gouging, stiff-arming, biting, butting players every week, he had a brain fart and that is interesting, he is human.

I didn't think either of Leeds best players had a good game last night (Hall and Watkins). These two players need to be given the ball in 1 on 1 situations as both of them can easily beat a man and have the speed to get away. I thought Castleford again looked great. I have no idea how Dorn was not man of the match, I thought he was outstanding. Shenton is looking a very very good player again. It was a very good match in the end, the second half being far better than the first.

Very enjoyable game to watch as a neutral. Personally thought Cas did enough to win it and I certainly think that the disallowed try should have been given.

Never thought I'd see Sinfield get sent off!

I must admit I thought it was the right call. The Cas dummy runner got himself in a position directly between the defender and the ball carrier and was 5 yards in front of the attacker, so it is his responsibility not to get in the way of the defender.

I just know any ban he recieves will make him available for the semi-final, big players don't get banned for big games. And any sanction may well fall within the guidelines given, but the convenience of it won't half bug me.

I was going to like this, but I have reached my positive like quota for the day already, obviously a lot of good stuff today.

Can someone please help out Dave T; after all I did make a fantastic post.

B)

I went to see Planet Of The Apes instead...

(I would have been home in time for the second half but got stuck in traffic and ended up just catching the last 20 seconds :sigh: )

I have no idea how Dorn was not man of the match, I thought he was outstanding.

Luke Down was given the Sky MOM.

Rod Stud was so excited about grilling him about the Sinfield head butt that he only deemed it necessary to mention it as Dorn had turned and was walking away.

Also well done to Dorn for his comments about the head butt. Paraphrasing, he said these things happen in the heat of the battle and it was nothing to worry about. A credit to Cas and the game.

Luke Down was given the Sky MOM.

I didn't hear Rod Stud mention it. Glad he got it. He was outstanding.

Can someone please help out Dave T; after all I did make a fantastic post.

B)

Hey, managed to like this one, must work on a Yorkshire 24hr clock.

Just noticed JP gripping Dorn by the throat. Well worse than the headbutt IMO. I hope someone at Red Hall saw it.

I thought eddie said a headbutt carries a ban of 4-8 games, if so imo sir kev with his excellent record will get 4 which will get reduced to 3 with EGP.

I thought eddie said a headbutt carries a ban of 4-8 games, if so imo sir kev with his excellent record will get 4 which will get reduced to 3 with EGP.

Sounds about right but the ABL's won't be happy.

There are apparently three kinds of headbutt, according to the RFL's disciplinary policy.

There's a partial headbutt (just half a head?) - Grade A-B

There's a full on headbutt - Grade C

There's a full on aggressive headbutt - Grade E-F (the 4-8 match ban Eddie was whittering on about)

While someone can headbutt someone else with increased force, I'm not sure what 'aggressive' means in this context.  Sinfield definitely behaved in an aggressive manner while headbutting Dorn but whether that is what is meant is anyone's guess.  Maybe they just mean decapitation by forehead.

EGP isn't available to anyone charged with a Grade D and above.

There are apparently three kinds of headbutt, according to the RFL's disciplinary policy.

There's a partial headbutt (just half a head?) - Grade A-B

There's a full on headbutt - Grade C

There's a full on aggressive headbutt - Grade E-F (the 4-8 match ban Eddie was whittering on about)

While someone can headbutt someone else with increased force, I'm not sure what 'aggressive' means in this context.  Sinfield definitely behaved in an aggressive manner while headbutting Dorn but whether that is what is meant is anyone's guess.  Maybe they just mean decapitation by forehead.

EGP isn't available to anyone charged with a Grade D and above.

The Grade E-F is aggressive or violent headbutt.

Like you say, Im not sure how this is decided, but putting my Leeds glasses on I would think this would rank as Grade C which carries a 2-3 match ban. Therefore, given Sinfields good previous record, suggests a 2 game ban, making his first game back the cup Semi Final!

Appreciate Im biased though so not sure what others think?