Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

18/07/14 - Widnes Vikings v Warrington Wolves KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Draw
    • Warrington Wolves

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

77 posts in this topic

Discuss Widnes Vikings v Warrington Wolves here.

I am looking forward to this. Widnes tend to raise their game for these - perhaps they consider this their main derby whereas Wire think of it as 1 of 3. With the semis looming, Widnes need to find form, whereas the longer Wire's winning run goes on the nearer the end draws, I have a sneaking feeling there could be an upset.

I am looking forward to this. Widnes tend to raise their game for these - perhaps they consider this their main derby whereas Wire think of it as 1 of 3. With the semis looming, Widnes need to find form, whereas the longer Wire's winning run goes on the nearer the end draws, I have a sneaking feeling there could be an upset.

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised to see a defeat here. It has surprised me how long our winning streak has gone on for with the amount of rotation within our team, that can only be a good thing.

Looking forward to it, seems a while since we were on telly.

If it stays dry Wire should nick it, will be closer than form suggests and Smith is using the last two games and Widnes and Wakey to rotate and rest players in prep for the play offs and this will always increase the odds of us losing.

Not my research, it's taken from another forum but there has never been a split season between Widnes and Warrington - all games have been won by 1 team.

Can only assume tonight's events were due to the heat and on the basis that tomorrow will be hotter - I'm going to the bookies to put a tenner on Gene Ormsby getting sent off for stamping on Joe Mellor nuts.

Can only assume tonight's events were due to the heat and on the basis that tomorrow will be hotter - I'm going to the bookies to put a tenner on Gene Ormsby getting sent off for stamping on Joe Mellor nuts.

Mmm. That would make it a pecan encounter.

We've not been on telly for yonks, looking forward to it. Would expect the Smellies to be up for this, they were pretty chirpy before we spanked them at the HJ.

8 home grown and 16 British players in the Wire squad.

If my team can put over 50 on Widnes, then I don't hold up much hope for them competing against a well coached Warrington side.There's just the derby factor that might help them.

Widnes 8 Wire 46

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised to see a defeat here. It has surprised me how long our winning streak has gone on for with the amount of rotation within our team, that can only be a good thing.

Looking forward to it, seems a while since we were on telly.

I'll be astonished.

Lovely tribute to Pat Price

Lovely tribute to Pat Price

It was. Really nice gesture to name the stand after her too.

Some really big defence going in

Thoroughly enjoying it

The stadium should be packed for a game like this

Matty Russell got the demons with him tonight which is helping Widnes' cause somewhat.

Even so, Widnes not going too bad and have just extended their lead.

12-0.

Quite happy to admit I've been wrong up to now, prediction wise.

Widnes over again, shouldn't Atkins have been penalised for a head shot although Widnes lost the ball in scoring, no vid ref though.

Justice perhaps?.

16-0.

Really enjoyed that first half. Looking forward to seeing if Warrington can climb out of the hole they've dug for themselves. Credit to Widnes though, they've really unsettled their opponents. 

Quite happy to admit I've been wrong up to now, prediction wise.

Widnes over again, shouldn't Atkins have been penalised for a head shot although Widnes lost the ball in scoring, no vid ref though.

Justice perhaps?.

16-0.

Setting aside the iffy grounding was that not a text book case of a player being fouled in the act of scoring? Should have been an eight point try IMO.

I have a feeling I read somewhere that an 8 point try can only be given if the offence occurred after the try was scored.

Widnes back to their early season form tonight... but better