Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snapski

The Sun report 3 game ban for Sinfield

64 posts in this topic

I just don't get how his charge and punishment can be in a national publication before the charge has even been brought..........

The first error is believing anything written in the #### has any remote correlation with the truth! :rolleyes:

I just don't get how his charge and punishment can be in a national publication before the charge has even been brought..........

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Maybe, just maybe, they got someone with experience of past RL disciplinary decisions on similar offences, then looked at the footage without applying club prejudice (of either the "hang him!" or "let him off scot free" or "it's all a conspiracy" variety) and took an informed guess?

What am I saying? That's just crazy-talk...

I have seen the arguments for lower sentence because of his previous good record, but is there also not a counter argument saying that because of his standing in the game (England/GB and Leeds Captain) and the totally unprovoked nature of the incident, that he should receive a stronger penalty as an example?

I have seen the arguments for lower sentence because of his previous good record, but is there also not a counter argument saying that because of his standing in the game (England/GB and Leeds Captain) and the totally unprovoked nature of the incident, that he should receive a stronger penalty as an example?

Was it totally unprovoked,Dorn seemed to be spitting a fair amount of abuse his way.

I would have thought that Leeds as a club would be on thin ice citing unpleasantries aimed in their direction.

I think the disciplinary panel is one of the few things that works well in our game - if they say 2/3 games that'll do for mine.

I doubt Leeds will have used that as a reason,just countering the "totally unprovoked",we don't know what has gone on between the two players in the rest of the game leading up to the headbutt.Sinfield has committed the offence and been punished.

Seems fair to me. He was also dismissed from the field so it is 2 games plus the n minutes he was off. 

Can we move on now? :unsure:

I doubt Leeds will have used that as a reason,just countering the "totally unprovoked",we don't know what has gone on between the two players in the rest of the game leading up to the headbutt.Sinfield has committed the offence and been punished.

yes we do, dorn was running rings around sinfield and sinfield didn't like it and lost his rag, end of, two games is about right.

yes we do, dorn was running rings around sinfield and sinfield didn't like it and lost his rag, end of, two games is about right.

silly me,yes,that will be it. :sleep:

Was it totally unprovoked,Dorn seemed to be spitting a fair amount of abuse his way.

actually, Sinfield started the debate with Dorn. Dorn was shouting to the ref, probably appealing for a yellow card, which wound Sinfield up.

actually, Sinfield started the debate with Dorn. Dorn was shouting to the ref, probably appealing for a yellow card, which wound Sinfield up.

So totally unprovoked.Dorn didn't say anything to Sinfield before contact was made?It certainly looked like he did.

So totally unprovoked.Dorn didn't say anything to Sinfield before contact was made?It certainly looked like he did.

no, Dorn shouted to the ref, Sinfield then started shouting at Dorn, Dorn was provoked. Imho.

Provocation isnt a great dedence for Sinfield, not that he needs it either.

no, Dorn shouted to the ref, Sinfield then started shouting at Dorn, Dorn was provoked. Imho.

Provocation isnt a great dedence for Sinfield, not that he needs it either.

Try watching it again.While I don't condone Sinfields actions,Dorn certainly said something to Sinfield before contact.He's got a two game ban,as far as I'm concerned,that's it.

Try watching it again.While I don't condone Sinfields actions,Dorn certainly said something to Sinfield before contact.

i accept he said something, he certainly didnt start the battle of words though. The person who started the debate, and then head butted the otger person would surely struggle to claim provocation?

i accept he said something, he certainly didnt start the battle of words though. The person who started the debate, and then head butted the otger person would surely struggle to claim provocation?

No one said he had claimed provocation but on the same standing was the attack unprovoked as some claim.

Charged with a grade C offence.3 games at most,2 games with an EGP.

I can't spayke!

It's about right for mine - bit like a prefect getting detention....

Let's move on

Championship players seem to get worse sentences for less crimes than Sinfield has picked up.    Double standards!!!!

Show us the proof Keith - not seen any.

You obviously don't read the RL Express every week where they publish offences looked at by the Review Panel, etc, and see how many SL players have - No Charge compared with Championship players who get charged.    A young lad never sent off in his short career put on report for a late high tackle - 3 matches.   You only see what you want to see!!!

You obviously don't read the RL Express every week where they publish offences looked at by the Review Panel, etc, and see how many SL players have - No Charge compared with Championship players who get charged. A young lad never sent off in his short career put on report for a late high tackle - 3 matches. You only see what you want to see!!!

Hasn't this been answered before. I'm sure its down to costs to part time players. So championship players will get a lower fine and more games.

So, are all head butts a grade C offence carrying a maximum three games?