Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snapski

The Sun report 3 game ban for Sinfield

64 posts in this topic

So, are all head butts a grade C offence carrying a maximum three games?

I think there are three grades to head butts

Two games and back for the semi will do me!

Definite nudge and wink about the quote from Hetherington earlier:

Leeds Rhinos Chief Executive Gary Hetherington commented, "Unfortunately this is another example of the pattern of inconsistency displayed by the Review Panel of the RFL. Earlier this season, Kris Welham of Hull KR was charged with an unprovoked head butt and received a Grade A charge and no suspension. I can fully appreciate the growing chorus of discontent throughout the game with the performance of the RFL in these matters."

Yeah, right!

Two games and back for the semi will do me!

Definite nudge and wink about the quote from Hetherington earlier:

Leeds Rhinos Chief Executive Gary Hetherington commented, "Unfortunately this is another example of the pattern of inconsistency displayed by the Review Panel of the RFL. Earlier this season, Kris Welham of Hull KR was charged with an unprovoked head butt and received a Grade A charge and no suspension. I can fully appreciate the growing chorus of discontent throughout the game with the performance of the RFL in these matters."

Yeah, right!

Looks like a little dig at hudgell to me.

We should let the RFL make their judgements on a case-by-case basis in the best interest of each player. We are dealing with human beings being disciplined - we are not issuing out parking fines to anyone who commits for the same parking offence. Correct?

We should let the RFL make their judgements on a case-by-case basis in the best interest of each player. We are dealing with human beings being disciplined - we are not issuing out parking fines to anyone who commits for the same parking offence. Correct?

Which is what the RFL do.

Peter sutclffe only got caught once but no leniency was shown there

Surely that's approaching a breach of Godwin's Law...

Surely that's approaching a breach of Godwin's Law...

Not sure, but it's pretty idiotic and has no place on here.

Hasn't this been answered before. I'm sure its down to costs to part time players. So championship players will get a lower fine and more games.

If that were actually true wouldn't we be more likely to see full-time professionals charged more than semi-professionals.   Comparing the two lists in RLE there are far more "no charge" in the SL one than the Championship list !!

Peter sutclffe only got caught once but no leniency was shown there

Did you just compare a headbutt during a rugby league game to the murders of 13 innocent people?

Astonishing.

I say hang im

A suspended sentence perhaps?  ;)

Mr / Mrs / Ms / Miss Elbowseye: "If the semi was not round the corner it would not raise as big a reaction."

Spot on; and probably the most sensible comment so far. 

Except that Rugby League fans are not known so much for sense as for unswerving own-club loyalty, and by that yardstick this thread is looking about right to me. 

.............. although, come to think of it, no reason why unswerving own-club loyalty can't also be the best of good sense.  In fact it ought to be.

So scrap the above and say: "Perfect thread by normal Rugby League yardstick."

:ph34r: