Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superten

could fans run a club

80 posts in this topic

You don't have a vote for every decision you elect a board and let them get on with it. Have some of the posts up for election the following year. The rest the next year that way after the first year every one will serve two years on the board

Hold on.....so if 10k supporters then there would need to be a 'lead' fan / group of lead fans....each paying by DD and get a shirt and ST....for 240 quid

as appose to a wealthy fan/fans who buys a club and sells 10k ST and a shirt for 240 quid with the choice of DD payments.....

whats the difference then?

Each option could lead to bad decisions....the first one more so as if 10k people had to be balloted for every decision it would take time and bad choices would be made as fans chased success over good buisness practice.....there would also be infighting with individuals trying to sway any vote in their favour!

The wealthy owner/owners is better model....after all they are wealthy for a reason....

And what happens when the wealthy 1 decides he needs the money elsewhere and buggerz off?

Also, if you would read previous posts and around collective ownership in general, you'd have read that the collective appoint a board (1 memeber - 1 vote) and then the board run the club with a constitution in mind.

Not much different, but potentially a million* times more sustainable.

Edit.

A key for me is that all clubs should be not for profit; significant parts of their communities. Get this element right and we'd never have another boring attendance thread!!

And what happens when the wealthy 1 decides he needs the money elsewhere and buggerz off?

Also, if you would read previous posts and around collective ownership in general, you'd have read that the collective appoint a board (1 memeber - 1 vote) and then the board run the club with a constitution in mind.

Not much different, but potentially a million* times more sustainable.

Edit.

A key for me is that all clubs should be not for profit; significant parts of their communities. Get this element right and we'd never have another boring attendance thread!!

isnt this what barcelona do?

Didn't widnes try this what was it callled stronghold or something?

Possible case studies available.... would the board be paid? How is there accountability....

If the club got sued or ran up huge debts...would all members be liable, the board, or the previous board?

Rochdale Hornets ... Did this .

I,m new season tickets holder (standard membership included), 

voted yesterday on the away colour of our shirts (green) lets see if we win ...

Get regular newsletter and get to vote for board members and key decisions about the club.

Of course they could, I would love to run Hull FC. (Although to be fair I probably couldn't have made as big a mess of it as those that have been running it!)