Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GaryHall

Gloucester All Golds 3rd August

22 posts in this topic

KISS have arranged coach travel to Gloucester All Golds on 3rd August . Cost is dependent on numbers travelling but the maximum price will be £40.

Departure points Ainsty 8.30

Clarence Street 8.45

Stadium 9am

Call 07443 564453 

Just one seat left on the coach to Gloucester All Golds on Sunday £35

03 Aug KO:15:00 Championship 1 Rd: 20
University of Gloucestershire All Golds v York City Knights
The Prince of Wales Stadium

Ref: A Gill

Missed our last visit down here, but told there is a limited bar (cans only?) at the ground so might have a beer in town before the game - anybody else making the trip?

Due to complex and boring story, we only have a limited bar at the ground, and it is only bottles and cans.  Town centre is less than half an hours walk away.  The Adam and eve on Townsend Street is a half decent local, and is ten minutes max walk.  Have a safe journey down, and I have a feeling you may enjoy the game this time too, though hope I'm wrong.

Due to complex and boring story, we only have a limited bar at the ground, and it is only bottles and cans.  Town centre is less than half an hours walk away.  The Adam and eve on Townsend Street is a half decent local, and is ten minutes max walk.  Have a safe journey down, and I have a feeling you may enjoy the game this time too, though hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for the info - seen the Brewery shopping centre on Henrietta Street (pub, eating places etc) mentioned somewhere - might have a look round there Sunday morning 

Thanks for the info - seen the Brewery shopping centre on Henrietta Street (pub, eating places etc) mentioned somewhere - might have a look round there Sunday morning

Sister lives in Cheltenham Shades , Brewery Shoping Center is good , some decent eateries there , went in La Tasca last time down , plenty of pubs around that area also

btw La Tasca was not in Brewery but off High Street, either way the chain is in admin and is shut, just in case you go looking for it.  Plenty of pubs and eateries to suit all tastes and pockets from cheap and cheerful to second mortgage.  Have safe trip down.

good luck today lads. no distractions, the wins the thing. special mention for my grandson Ben, proud.

All Golds 6 Knights 16 ht                                                             

Well played, best team won and deserved too. Hope journey back was ok.

13 v 13 i said lol

Really impressed with the way we handled been a man down, possibly played a bit too much rugby early on & interceptions etc let them back in the game, maybe steady it down a bit & a bit more direct v Gateshead on Sunday

MOM had quite a few in the mix, but for me got to mention Haynsey, Salts, Roche, Brennan, Brining as having really good games

Very worried by the fight - assume any disciplinary action will be next Tuesday which means even a 1 match ban means the Hunslet game - not at all suprised the fight took place after speaking to a few people after the game who were not happy with the All Golds 'tackling' - some nasty stuff with 'fingers' going off to the heads of Knights players on the floor in the tackle

That might sound biased, but when Haynsey & Jack Lee just about 'lose it' after getting up from tackles well then theres something dodgy going on

They played the same tactics last time. I started to get a sense of deja vu when we were 16-0 up, messing up that 16pt lead, then getting a man sent off for something which in my opinion, didn't think we started. Was great to see the spirit though in the players to be able to push on even further this time, even with a man short. Just hope there aren't too many suspended for the Hunslet match although I think we have other players in the reserves who'll be just as good and step up to the plate. It was also great to see so many Knights fans down in Cheltenham.