Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

24/07/14 - Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • Castleford Tigers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

61st minute and Hull lose the ball but don't get a penalty.  Childs must've been unsighted.

Only Weller will know if that was deliberate

True, but I think that could see him miss the semi.

Wtf...i thought "what's he doing kicking on the 1st"....great kick, great try

One kick to win it!

Second draw in a row for Cas?

I'd take a point, we've been awful, Hull deserved to win, but they're lucky London and Bradford are as bad as they are.

Think Cas will be pleased with that result.

They have to be, they were second best for all but a 10 minute spell at the end.

Wow, quite a tense finish.

Think Cas will be pleased with that result.

I know we will, we were terrible. Powell got the tactics all wrong. Hull are as bad as Bradford or London. Hope Radford stays next season too.

Well, another Thursday night thriller.

Harsh on FC but they clearly have a lot of talent -.they just need to find themselves a Maguire and they will be in the mix.

I thought Hauraki's.knee to the head was horrible. He had a choice between trying to stand up or knee the young lad in the head. I hope no.serious damage was done. I don't follow the logic that they could not penalise it because they had gone on a tackle. 

Cracking match though and the draw was a fair result. 

Not sure we will ever know if he meant it but if he did he should miss the rest if the season

Not sure we will ever know if he meant it but if he did he should miss the rest if the season

Whether he meant it or not I think he could be on the sidelines for a few weeks.

As one of the commentators said, he new Abdull was underneath and he therefore had a duty of care for the players safety.

It was incredibly reckless if it wasn't intentional. It added insult to injury to penalise Hull straight after as well. Literally the first tackle.

That's both half backs injured. We may see Miller again...

It added insult to injury to penalise Hull straight after as well. Literally the first tackle.

Hull ripped the ball what was he supposed to do?

Quite possibly the worst scenario for me.

The Hull crowd got behind the team and most seemed daft enough to think Cas were competitive but we were better. Cas were inept in the first 60 mins or so and during that period Childs only ever saw offences against Hull. Once Cas started chucking the ball about a bit we were struggling, particularly down Whiting's side although it pains me to say that.

Then Cas nearly nicked it at the death and it's all the Ref's fault, so no ill feeling left over for Radford apparently.

As for the Hauraki incident on Abdull, it looked like Hauraki was frustrated at not being able to get up quickly, possibly due to Abdull already being injured but the Cas man's knee movements only made things worse and could get him in a fair bit of trouble. Abdull has been taken to hospital with what's been reported as a bad neck injury, if the RFL decide Hauraki's actions played any part in that then he may well miss the rest of the season.

Some decent entertaining stuff from Cas at the end, I hope they can get a bit more consistency in the next few games and have a good crack at the RL cup semi and possible final.

Cas below par. Good physical effort by hull.

That's the weakest refereeing performance I've ever seen. A ref has duty of care for all players on the park.

He allowed rubbish in the tackle and play the ball throughout the whole game. Could not control the 10 yards.

By the time we reached the knee incident he had lost control of those basics - for me he takes responsibility for that incident. Unacceptable level of performance from a top flight official.

That's the weakest refereeing performance I've ever seen. 

That was one of his best this season..

You obviously never saw him that time at Wheldon Road (vs Harlequins ??), when the match commissioner dragged him off at half time under the pretence of a sprained ankle.