Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

24/07/14 - Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • Castleford Tigers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

As for the Hauraki incident on Abdull, it looked like Hauraki was frustrated at not being able to get up quickly, possibly due to Abdull already being injured but the Cas man's knee movements only made things worse and could get him in a fair bit of trouble. Abdull has been taken to hospital with what's been reported as a bad neck injury, if the RFL decide Hauraki's actions played any part in that then he may well miss the rest of the season.

Apparently concussion and whiplash.  From what was seen on TV I can't see how Hauraki could cause whiplash as his knee just didn't move enough for that and Abdul was already on the floor.  Maybe he was injured going down in the tackle?  But I'm no medic.

Apparently concussion and whiplash.  From what was seen on TV I can't see how Hauraki could cause whiplash as his knee just didn't move enough for that and Abdul was already on the floor.  Maybe he was injured going down in the tackle?  But I'm no medic.

Like I said,I did wonder if Abdull's injury had been caused before Hauraki's "efforts" but if you've suffered concussion, the last thing you need is somebody deliberately flailing around with their knees whilst they're in contact with you.

Hauraki may not have known Abdull was in such a bad way but that's no defence and I think he'll cop a ban.

Cas below par. Good physical effort by hull.

That's the weakest refereeing performance I've ever seen. A ref has duty of care for all players on the park.

He allowed rubbish in the tackle and play the ball throughout the whole game. Could not control the 10 yards.

By the time we reached the knee incident he had lost control of those basics - for me he takes responsibility for that incident. Unacceptable level of performance from a top flight official.

You blame the referee for the knee to the head of a trapped player? Wow.

Like I said,I did wonder if Abdull's injury had been caused before Hauraki's "efforts" but if you've suffered concussion, the last thing you need is somebody deliberately flailing around with their knees whilst they're in contact with you.

Hauraki may not have known Abdull was in such a bad way but that's no defence and I think he'll cop a ban.

The incident was more or less in front of where we sit and I didn't think there was anything in it at first. Just looked like Hauraki was scrambling to get to his feet. Having seen the replay he's definitely got a case to answer. He looks at Abdull before bringing his knee down on his head so he's clearly aware of where his opponent is. Reckless or malicious I don't know but clearly dangerous.

It's to be hoped you don't get snared by any random drug testing later.

I've never failed a dope test.

I just flash my Hull FC season ticket.

The incident was more or less in front of where we sit and I didn't think there was anything in it at first. Just looked like Hauraki was scrambling to get to his feet. Having seen the replay he's definitely got a case to answer. He looks at Abdull before bringing his knee down on his head so he's clearly aware of where his opponent is. Reckless or malicious I don't know but clearly dangerous.

Have to agree, you see him look down at the FC player then knee him. As usual the RFL will bottle it and give him 2-3 games when he should get 8 for a deliberate knee to the head of another player. Shocking incident.

Have to agree, you see him look down at the FC player then knee him. As usual the RFL will bottle it and give him 2-3 games when he should get 8 for a deliberate knee to the head of another player. Shocking incident.

Kris welham headbutt

I dont understand your point?

Well what was your point in mentioning the Kris Welham head butt?

Well what was your point in mentioning the Kris Welham head butt?

very simple really

BriggRover was having a pop at the RFL for being bottleless and giving a slap on the wrists (even though it hasn't actually happened yet) and i was pointing out that Welham got off Scott free for a blatant headbutt (That was penalised during the game so spotted by the ref)when Sinfield got 2 games and a sending off

If you weren't looking for arguments all the time perhaps you'd learn to understand peoples posts a little better

You thought right. Banned for two games.

If you weren't looking for arguments all the time perhaps you'd learn to understand peoples posts a little better

Oh the irony! :D