Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reg gasnier

Dewsbury 34 Barrow 14 - discussion, report, highlights

46 posts in this topic

Rams 24- barrow 12. Fts - warren jowitt ;-)

Sadly I think Woz will be carrying the water. Barrow have one of the best young wingers in the division in Dalton Grant though, and we all know our susceptibility to pace. Won't predict a score, but I reckon Grant will embarrass us with two or three tries.

“If we can get a win and some confidence on Sunday, hopefully we can start to build some momentum.”

I feel sure Morrison has said this previously this season. Not many games left to build on now!

Dewsbury 40 Barrow 12

FTS: Thackeray to build on his tally on number of tries scored against one team in one season.

Att:800

Poor performance today , far too many handling errors on another day we would have lost. We looked a bit flat for long periods. Defensively we looked okish we defended well on the line but in broken play looked at sea. Some poor tackling in one on ones from players I would expect better from. Spicer and Pryce played well , Thacks was a little quiet but laid on Hyde's try nicely. The theme of the rest of the season consistently inconsistent.

Poor performance today , far too many handling errors on another day we would have lost. We looked a bit flat for long periods. Defensively we looked okish we defended well on the line but in broken play looked at sea. Some poor tackling in one on ones from players I would expect better from. Spicer and Pryce played well , Thacks was a little quiet but laid on Hyde's try nicely. The theme of the rest of the season consistently inconsistent.

I thought Joel Farrell had a good game and should be in with a shout for the Fax game!

I also thought Farrell stood out (I don't just mean his hair) yesterday. His work from dummy half and tackling was good, but Spicer did deserve his MOM and his try was well deserved in an otherwise poor performance.

At times Barrow looked better and their one-on-one tackling was excellent. Indeed their three tries were better than ours I believe.

Much improvement needed at a Halifax next week, even for a bonus point.

A poor game with a sprinkling of highlights. It was clear why Barrow are going down - they aren't very good. It was less clear why we are in fifth place - we weren't very good either. At times teams just win ugly as the saying goes, and three points were secured which some commentators believe is all that matters.

Farrell had a lively game and sprinkled some excitement dust over lacklustre proceedings. I particularly like his distribution from dummy half - and improvement on some other players' recent efforts in this role.

I was shocked by the size of the crowd and I'm sure that the club were very disappointed with this. I presume that this being school holidays doesn't help but were there other factors at play? (Looking at gate figures at Huddersfield and Bradford it certainly looks like a seasonal factor was at play - the sooner we end this experiment with summer RL the better.)

Finally, would someone give Dale Morton some catching practice? I know that some might believe that it is only fair to give the other side a chance straight after we score a try but it is shredding my nerves.

Really scrappy win today I'm sure Glenn and the boys will now they have to make big improvements.

Thought Ewan Dowes had a good game me along with young Farrell and rob spicer.

Great day out for us Raider fans except for the result of course. However you did have 3 village idiots who tried there best to cause a bit of trouble, your stewards thankfully were up to speed and could see exactly what was going on, they were soon moved on (probably to the local kindergarten or something).Deserved win, good luck for the future. The new terracing at the end of the ground and the scoreboard are looking good.

Great day out for us Raider fans except for the result of course. However you did have 3 village idiots who tried there best to cause a bit of trouble, your stewards thankfully were up to speed and could see exactly what was going on, they were soon moved on (probably to the local kindergarten or something).Deserved win, good luck for the future. The new terracing at the end of the ground and the scoreboard are looking good.

All credit to you guys for making the trip and showing true loyalty. (Sorry about the numpties - all clubs have them unfortunately.)

A poor game with a sprinkling of highlights. It was clear why Barrow are going down - they aren't very good. It was less clear why we are in fifth place - we weren't very good either. At times teams just win ugly as the saying goes, and three points were secured which some commentators believe is all that

That's how I saw it.

Good report Chris.