Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

27/07/14 - Bradford Bulls v Wigan Warriors KO 3pm

Who will win?   7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Draw
    • Wigan Warriors

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

Discuss Bradford Bulls v Wigan Warriors here.

Hudds last week, Saints the week before - it's a strong set of opponents at the mo, but you have to play them all and it makes little difference. Are you ready for the relegation party? I understand there's a rugby match on at the Hive that day but that shouldn't stop you and us having a laugh together!

Elliot Kear recalled, not that he did anything to get dropped in the first place.

I hope he stays for next season.

Looking forward to this one. Sunshine at Odsal and all is right with the world. No better place for a party.

50 point beating? Don't give a f....

Just so long as we don't lose by soooo many that, when London get their inevitable win in the last game of the season , it doesn't put them above us..

Well, here at the Parallel Universe Stadium Odsal the title chasing Bulls are in command against soon to be relegated Wigan.

12-4 HT

FT: Bradford Bulls 16 - 8 Wigan Warriors. Complacency from Wigan? Nothing to lose attitude from Bulls? Well done Bradford.

I can't help but smile at this result.  It must be the Saints supporter in me.

:rofl:

Whoop whoop!

Really pleased for everyone at Bradford.

Am smiling at the thought of Mr Wane's face at the end...!!

And the wakey result! Wow!! - both trophies still up for grabs - just how it should be....

We played solid and with a lot of heart. Jimmy is certainly making a difference to the attitude and organisation on the field. Only blob was Kearney being knocked out very early by a cheap shot whilst being held in the tackle. Not sure which Wigan player did it but it was deliberate and pretty bad. On report (no penalty) and Lowes said already he won't be able to play next week.

Didn't see that coming!

Wigan were poorly served by their halfbacks and didn't do anywhere near enough to bring Charnley into the game for a one-on-one attack..

We got some confidence in our ability to defend and played like we should have all season. We coped with a blustery wind better than they did.

Fair play to the ref, he was incompetent for both teams.

One interesting point; Lee Gaskell was calling the plays at least as often as Luke Gale.

Just got back from holiday and thought my phone was broken when I checked the result. Should have known one of our best performances of the year would happen when I was away - usually does! No need to thank me everyone.

Make no mistake, Wigan were awful, as pants as I've ever seen them. But Bradford played like it was a Cup final or a play off game. The lads were pretty solid but it took me until the 78th minute to allow myself to think we were going to win, however terrible Wigan were I kept thinking they had enough to at least sneak a wholly undeserved victory. It's certainly up there with the few victories as highlight of the season, and while Charnley bombed a chance to score in the corner there were 3 near as dammit clear cut chances for Bradford to score too - including what is without doubt the tackle of the season by Charnley on Gaskell, I hope that makes a highlight vid somewhere. I didn't get that same buzz today I did when we fluked a win against Wire but it was refreshing to see a genuinely hardworking and true character building win. The cynic in me says a lot of players must have inked new SL deals elsewhere and were putting on a show *cough* Manase Manuokafoa...

Oh and Hicks did his best to get Wigan back in the game! :angry:

(No report is complete without a dig at the ref)